Trial Discussion Thread #12 - 14.03.24, Day 14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But it was the very first question, and she was already snappy! He simply asked her if she'd spoken with her husband about the incident and she already seemed defensive about it. That's odd.

She didn't sound snappy to me. Is it possible that the accent is maybe making her sound that way to you? I've noticed that sometimes in this trial people's responses initially sound funny to me (i.e. Samantha Taylor) but then the more I listen to them talk, I realize that's just how they talk.

It's interesting how defensive some of the state's witnesses get right off the bat.

I was a witness in a fatal car crash case, and i was very defensive as I was being crossed. It is hard not be defensive. they have you in their crosshairs and they want to taint your testimony and imply you are either mistaken or lying or stupid. LOL So you naturally put your guard up.

OW: Did he (hubby) ever suggest to you how many shots he had heard?

AS: No...when?

OW: Anytime until today.

AS: We discussed the second set of shots, not the first....normal discussion between husband and wife. I cannot tell you exactly what and when we discussed.

OW: You cannot recollect if it was before you spoke to police?

AS: I did not even know when my husband made his first statement to police.

She didn't sound snappy to me. Is it possible that the accent is maybe making her sound that way to you? I've noticed that sometimes in this trial people's responses initially sound funny to me (i.e. Samantha Taylor) but then the more I listen to them talk, I realize that's just how they talk.

He asked her, "have you discussed this with your husband?"

She answers, "yes, I don't think that's odd..." In a defensive manner. That's the sort if answer you give when you are already anticipating being accused of collusion. I think it makes the witnesses look bad if they are cooperative with one side and not the other. It makes them seem partial.

:floorlaugh:
Is it just me, or does My Lady seem to be tired of the Defense reiterating the same questions? She was quick to call Oldwage out on it, and then Oldwage blamed it on his hearing. GMAB

It was a scandalous bit of misquoting of witness, I think. He was determined to make out she was saying something she had not.

Here we go. Oldwage is putting forth the same assertion that Roux put forth - that the witnesses colluded to arrive at the same version.

IMO, one can attempt the same strategy so many times before they sound like a broken record and desperate to discredit the witnesses.

you had been asleep and was woken up by your coughing ?

correct.

you looked at your husband clock said 3.02.. and its 6 mins fast.

uhoh I said 4 mins fast.

that makes it 3.06.

was your state of alertness momre awake then than later??

heh, nels objects. the witness says her level was the same.

the judge says, no. mr oldwage. the witnesss says her alertness was the same.

oldwage is trying to draw some difference in her level of awareness.

my husband ws instantly awake.. as I asked him what he heard, he answered..

immediately.

did he ever suggest to you what number of shots he heard .. I heard 3.

no. at no time.

oldwage is now trying to differentiate between times spoken.

3 shots. you discussed yur evidence>?? no. we discussed events.

we obvioiusly discussed events. but not in detail. .. neither of us were taking notes.

and this was before your written statement to the police..?? yes.

actually I don't know when my husband made his first statement.. and I still don't know.

we were together at home, but not in the same room later that day, and he made a second statement. I made my first. in the same house, in separate rooms.

I heard 3 shots. Il leaned over to look out the window. I saw lights in both houses.

you got out of bed. no I was in bed , I got up at the screaming. I was leaning over him to look at the bedside table.

oldwage is up against a brick wall here.

the initial shot. I asked him . he answered.

then the screaming started. I went to the balcony.. to see where the screaming was coming from.

a females voice. one couldn't hear words. it was screaming.

No way would I let these guys twist my words like they are desperately trying to do. If I believed I was telling the truth, I would hold my ground too. I don't see any problem with that.

I mean seriously... he's giving her grief over whether her feet were on the floor. People don't remember stuff like that. He's just trying to rattle her.

OW: You were still in bed when you heard the shots?

AS: Correct....then the screaming started, of the female. I got up, to see where it was coming from.

OMG - he wants to know exactly where her feet were!

She's an occupational therapist doing medico-legal work... she would probably know what to expect on the stand and would therefore come across differently from a witness who went into this cold and had no clue of how the law works.

Screaming didn't sound like it was coming from an enclosed place

AS: You could not hear what she was saying. It was just screaming

OW: Not muffled...some sort of barrier/enclosed space?

AS: No, it didn't sound like that.

No way would I let these guys twist my words like they are desperately trying to do. If I believed I was telling the truth, I would hold my ground too. I don't see any problem with that.

I mean seriously... he's giving her grief over whether her feet were on the floor. People don't remember stuff like that. He's just trying to rattle her.

But if you act defensive with one side from the get go it makes it seem like there is something to hide.

OW: When you went out on the balcony you didn't have the faintest clue what was going on?

AS: Correct....I ccould see the house, that the lights were on.

Arg. My thank button is wonky now....so thanks everybody.

Don't understand the point of this exactly ...

He wants to know her exact position on the bed......

AS: I don't quite understand what you're saying.

Every time the camera pans to My Lady, she is taking notes and paying very close attention to Mrs. Stipp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper