Trial Discussion Thread #12 - 14.03.24, Day 14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Witness is trying to describe how she normally gets out of bed. That is not good enough for OW, who I suspect is about to try and 'prove' she could not have seen anything from the bed, despite her saying she got UP from the bed to look at the house.!

Oh, did she say she saw the lights on the other houses while she was still sitting on her bed? I get where he's going with this now.

But if you act defensive with one side from the get go it makes it seem like there is something to hide.

But what would she have to hide? I think it's just a difference in perception. She strikes me as a confident woman who is probably trying her very best to stand her ground. Roux and Oldwage are pit bulls.

Showing pic of her balcony door, bedside table, bed, pillow. OW wants to know the distance from pillow to bedside table to pillow....

Witness is saying the distance looks smaller on camera than in reality.

OW: You say you can see both (houses) clearly?

AS: I do....it was easy to see the light next door.

OW: So that caught your attention, that you could see all these lights on.

OW at pains to point out he calls a bedside table a pedestal for some reason....

So is he going to imply that she didnt look at the houses until AFTER the shootings?

OW: You speak to the fact your house is situated very close to the streets, with lights..?

AS: Soft lights. They don't bite me when I sleep.

He is now pointing out a hand is holding the curtain open in pics, and wants to know why that's necessary if they had tie-backs? He says it must have been necessary for camera to get a view of OP's house, witness says from her bed there is a very clear view.

Is he now calling her a liar, and implying her curtains were actually closed?

He is implying the curtains were partially closed on that night and she could not have seen OP's house.....

You can see the daylight through the curtains so she'd have been able to see lights from another house on in the dark through the curtains too.

Well, that does it! Collusion obviously proven through the tie-backs not being used. ;)

I agree with Mrs. Stipp about having a different or better view through a window when lying in bed than when standing up.

When I lie in my bed I have a clearer view out of my window than when I stand up on the far side of my bed.

IMO, Oldwage is grasping at nonexistent straws here.

Jebus, this is tedious.......seconds......minutes........moments......whateva

Apparently, in SA, 'moments' is an actual measurement of time...

I brought this natasha post across from other thread... locked before I could reply :banghead:

Sorry but my post contained a TYPO.. that I seem to have repeated. Typing shots were around 3:00AM... but I actually think they were around 3:10AM

That is based on Christo Menelaou saying he heard bangs at 3:08 (not testimony yet) as well as Sipps saying there was about 10 minutes between the sets of bangs he heard

I hope that clears everything up?

IDK if it is important to your timings, but Stipp never once said there was "about 10 minutes" between the bangs. The only reference to "10 minutes" there is throughout the whole of Stipp's testimony in the transcript I have was brought up by Roux in respect of the "helps" as in the following exchange and in which Stipp does not really accept the 10 mins put to him by Roux:

Roux: About 10 minutes later. You heard "Help, Help, Help"?
by Sky News court reporter March 7 at 7:54 AM

Stipp: I'm not sure about the 10 minutes. But I did hear "Help, Help, Help" after speaking to the security guards.
by Sky News court reporter March 7 at 7:55 AM

More to the point of timing of "shots" Mrs Stipp has just testified that the first volley she heard was by her clock at 3:02 and that her clock is 3-4 mins fast which would place the volley at around 02:58.

Sigh. Onto times now. How long from bed to small balcony and onto large balcony...

I guess she was smart to feel defensive. He was in fact coming after her and implying she was dishonest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper