DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So far AS has said

She heard the male/female screams on night
Saw light on, window open
Heard shots, screams, shots,
She heard the test screams by OP later while not knowing what it was but still heard it was a man.

Who is crossing her now?
Co-counsel, Kenny Oldwage.

had you previously known mrs van der mewre?? no. or Mrs Burger? no. or Mr Johnson? no.

finished. Roux up next.

(she is very well spoken, firm, concise, detailed. )

it isn't roux. its oldwage??

do you have a good memory madame stipp? yes.

this is a simple set of circumstances.. have you been following this in the press?

I haven't . its been hard to avoid though. its on the news every night.

now.. at times. you must have heard SOME of the evidence ??

oh yes. I agree. I haven't listened to others evidence.

but that's not the question you MUST have heard certain versions of what must have happened.

did you have difficulty with some of those versions??

as I said, . I heard versions, I didn't compare versions. haven't compared it to mine .

were there any versions that you agreed with ?

if you give me a version, I will be able to tell you.

It's interesting how defensive some of the state's witnesses get right off the bat.

How could she hear only snippets of other versions?

OW is just trying to say she has colluded/listened to TV/other versions etc...

AS: Maybe if you could specify which versions...I heard snippets of versions

OW: Once we have established you have heard versions....I'm simply trying to establish if you are agreeing with those versions?

AS: I only heard snippets.

were you in a position to compare versions of whatever you heard> ??

I don't agree.. I haven't taken notice of complete versions. only snippets.

is it correct to refer to as loud bangs. did you ask your husband what it was? yes.

your husband told you it was gunshots. did you accept that? yes.

oh yes. I have heard gunshots in the past. I ve had doings with gunshots.

Oldwage is very treacly, very sticky.

It's interesting how defensive some of the state's witnesses get right off the bat.

In all honesty, I would be defensive too. They're probably insanely nervous getting on that stand, and then have defense lawyers insinuating that you are either "confused, colluding, lying, etc" not in those words, but you get the drift... darn right I'd be defensive. Nobody wants to be told repeatedly that they are clearly mistaken. Not even us :)

OW: Did you accept (what your husband said) that they were gunshots?

She agrees. He is now trying to establish an exact timeline of her movements. She had been 'flu-ish'. He is trying to establish she was asleep!

AS: From what I remember I was awake...from the coughing. 3.02.

He says it's 6 mins fast, she corrects him: 'No, three or four'.

Fully awake at 3:02 (3 -4 minutes fast) , contemplating getting water

In all honesty, I would be defensive too. They're probably insanely nervous getting on that stand, and then have defense lawyers insinuating that you are either "confused, colluding, lying, etc" not in those words, but you get the drift... darn right I'd be defensive. Nobody wants to be told repeatedly that they are clearly mistaken. Not even us :)

But it was the very first question, and she was already snappy! He simply asked her if she'd spoken with her husband about the incident and she already seemed defensive about it. That's odd.

TY My Lady: I thought what the witness said was the same (regarding the level of alertness).

Ugh, OW. 'The converse must also be true'

Nel objects, judge backs him. OW apologises and blames his hearing for twisting witness' words to say she was sleepy when she had just stated she was not.

Wow...I miss Roux...

Zzzzzzzzzz...make it snappy Oldwage.

Is it just me, or does My Lady seem to be tired of the Defense reiterating the same questions? She was quick to call Oldwage out on it, and then Oldwage blamed it on his hearing. GMAB

That might be a good word for it. Something off. Seems to be anticipating the questions and the significance of her answers...

Yeah, she's being guarded about giving evidence she thinks might help the defense. Claiming they have never discussed how many shots there were the first time but "agreed" that it was 3 for the second set ...

But it was the very first question, and she was already snappy! He simply asked her if she'd spoken with her husband about the incident and she already seemed defensive about it. That's odd.

Perhaps she's already had dealings with the defence lawyers. I thought he came across as aggressive from the outset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candace22