Trial Discussion Thread #13 - 14.03.25, Day 15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. The sleeping side of the bed doesn't look too good, as I guess any change in normal routine would be if you'd killed somebody.

Still, that's something he's gonna have to deal with. I guess even if defense produce a medical certificate to validate this, people will then suggest it had been manufactured.
That's what I just don't get . Why do they want to prove something like this ?
Why do we need to believe she was on the right ? What relevance could this possibly be to the defence ?
Think I am going to go back through initial affidavit from OP ,maybe he said it at some point and they are sticking to it .

On a lighter note, I was looking at a website earlier which was warning about a new disease called (ATES) Acquired Television Expert Syndrome. Whereby after watching bits of the trial, people are arguing over lunch about something they never would have previously cared about.

:smile:

A medical certificate to validate which side of the bed OP slept on? Really? Perhaps the reason people would suggest that it had been fabricated is because who in the hello would have a medical certificate that would validate which side of the bed they slept on.

To validate his alleged shoulder injury. :facepalm:

Wouldn't fancy having a doctor stood over the bed watching me sleep, that's for sure :smile:

Surely you keep it to hand in case of a fire? :eek:

We always keep our key in the lock . I personally would never remove it for that very reason.
Do we know for a fact that it did indeed lock .
With the damage to it could it have been broken .
Is there a picture showing whether the key was in the lock .It should have been if he had to unlock it to get out to open the door for Stander.
Maybe that is why he sneaked back upstairs whilst the dr was there . It could have been to place the key in the lock to back his story up .

That's what I just don't get . Why do they want to prove something like this ?
Why do we need to believe she was on the right ? What relevance could this possibly be to the defence ?
Think I am going to go back through initial affidavit from OP ,maybe he said it at some point and they are sticking to it .

I have no clue who is supposed to have slept on which side, because it is never made clear what people mean when they talk of the left or right side of the bed. Do they mean as you face the bed, or as you lie on it?

Is OP claiming that he was sleeping on the side of the bed nearest to the balcony?

Surely you keep it to hand in case of a fire? :eek:
Fire? I don't live in an African hut! I keep them normally next to my side of the bed if I lock up or the husband put them next to his if he locks up. What I meant was many times when we are in a hurry to find keys, late for work, someone ringing the bell, guests arriving whatever, there is always a hunt for keys. We have ALOT of security gates/doors with keys that get locked. I was implying that maybe OP in that moment didn't think it would be a good idea to look for his keys/grab them, try unlock the door etc. I may not be explaining myself clearly but hope you get the gist of the point I'm trying to make.

Who knows why but what I do personally know from experience is every single time I have needed to find car keys, bedroom keys etc in a hurry, they are amazingly never where I previously left them :p

2laps2v.jpg

I have no clue who is supposed to have slept on which side, because it is never made clear what people mean when they talk of the left or right side of the bed. Do they mean as you face the bed, or as you lie on it?

Is OP claiming that he was sleeping on the side of the bed nearest to the balcony?
The left or right is looking at the bed whilst facing it .
OP normally sleeps on the right near the patio doors but for some reason was allegedly on the left for two nights one of them being the night of the shooting .

Don't get me wrong. I believe that he was abusive and murdered Reeva intentionally. I just don't believe that he murdered her in a blind rage. I believe that he was very clear headed about what he did.

You and me both, friend. I think he IS an abusive jerk, and I am convinced he knew exactly who he was shooting at that night. Intruder my behind. For OP, this was just another tantrum - one he fully expects his adoring public to forgive him for, as they have previously done for his drunken gun shenanigans.

OP has a history of being abusive, not to just past girlfriends, but to strangers on the street as well. OP has shown that he has a mean temper and uses his gun when things don't go the way he feels they should. The texts simply add to that.

I believe that OP planned and did murder Reeva because she was no longer willing to be controlled. Reeva, the day after she was murdered, was standing up for women that were victims of abuse. If OP thought that she might say something about her own relationship (with him) and how he treated her at times, then that could be just another slap against him to his "adoring fans" and sponsors. Then there is also the jealousy issue.

MOO

ETA: When I say planned, I don't mean a day or more ahead of time. I mean as soon as OP got there and things started to go south (yet again) and Reeva had had enough.

BBM

Yeah. Abusive for sure. Yelling, screaming at an ex and her friends, exiting his vehicle with his weapon to accost people in a vehicle behind him, scaring the crap out of passengers in his vehicle while willy-nilly firing out his sun-roof, letting one off in a freakin' restaurant, on and on...christ on crutches. Wonder if he kicked his dogs.

Were the previous security visits to OP's house ever testified to or were they inadmissable?
No, sounds like it was nonsense. In the days shortly after the shooting , ther was an incredible amount of speculation and inaccurate stories doing the rounds. I'm sure if there was fighting and security was regularly called to the home, Nel would have bought it up.

On a lighter note, I was looking at a website earlier which was warning about a new disease called (ATES) Acquired Television Expert Syndrome. Whereby after watching bits of the trial, people are arguing over lunch about something they never would have previously cared about.

:smile:
I car pool to work, you would swear I'm a qualified lawyer with the stuff I impressively come out with..I sometimes even shock myself ...thanks to the many knowledgable peeps of Websleuths haha :D

Another strange part of Oscar's story is that Reeva went to the toilet at 3 in the morning and opened the bathroom window, really?.
Why would she open the bathroom window?.

I car pool to work, you would swear I'm a qualified lawyer with the stuff I impressively come out with..I sometimes even shock myself ...thanks to the many knowledgable peeps of Websleuths haha :D
Yep, we're all a bit guilty of that. There I go again...guilty.

I would love to see trials in the UK mainly because the law fascinates me but I do have reservations. I think some witnesses both for and against, even unseen, will feel profoundly uncomfortable knowing they are being listened to and may not perform well under questioning.

I have already listened to some journalists and a lawyer saying they think Roux is playing to the camera. That I would not like.

We can of course watch trials live in court and I have done so. The only problem is those that go on for weeks involve a lot of downtime and a lot of travelling.

Thanks, yes you're right. I feel for the witnesses knowing they are going out live, especially if it was your first time in a courtroom would be terrifying.
I really hope we get to SEE OP give his version and his reactions to cross-examination.
It's probably wrong of me after what I've just said, but IF he is innocent of the pre-med part, after all he must have seen in the press etc I would tell him to stand up and tell the truth. He should have no fear of the truth, like our Colombo says the truth is easy as it doesn't need to be remembered or edited. I think IMO it is very easy to see a genuine belief and I would want the world to know. Some will say he is an accomplished liar and can act. He definitely shows signs of arrogance, but there's a big difference between that and being confident that you're telling the truth.
I am still completely confused by all the different opinions in SA law. But presume he can't be found guilty of Culpable Homicide now, due to the 4shots.
Marsipa seems so cool and calm I really trust that she will come to the right verdict. I am looking forward to being able to look through her judgements on the witnesses, that is where we will learn a lot I think......fascinating stuff.....just sad it IS real life!

Could anyone give me a link to Samantha Taylor's testimony because I have just read somewhere that Roux asked her if she was aware that he had slept on the left of the bed on the 12 and 13th February . How on earth would his ex girlfriend know ?
Surely this must be a mistake or do defence lawyers throw in questions like that to try and get the witness to testify to something that they could only have read in the press ?

Could anyone give me a link to Samantha Taylor's testimony because I have just read somewhere that Roux asked her if she was aware that he had slept on the left of the bed on the 12 and 13th February . How on earth would his ex girlfriend know ?
Surely this must be a mistake or do defence lawyers throw in questions like that to try and get the witness to testify to something that they could only have read in the press ?

She wouldn't know and that was the point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member