Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again I got a bit lost when we switched threads, lmao!! TY hehee

I've been quite taken aback at some of the times of laughter in the court room and this ridiculous attempt about the times lengths etc of the screams. This has gone on for five days now! I'm listening to today's testimony right now and am about to pull out my hair!! *grumbles* IT's driving me insane! The same questions, Def Att R's ridiculous attempts to make the witness "slip up" it's like childhood games he plays, and it's really embarrassing in a court of law...his questioning belongs on the playground and the state isn't doing much better imo! He is feeding into the ridiculousness of what the Def Att is doing. He needs to ignore all this caca and get to the heart of the case. And stop with the Boom Boom or whatever the interim was...three noises.....it has taken days to go through this nonsense! This would NEVER be allowed in our courts. EVER! grrrr and I am worried about the judge she seems to soft to me, will she be soft on Oscar as well?

I've been quite taken aback at some of the times of laughter in the court room and this ridiculous attempt about the times lengths etc of the screams. This has gone on for five days now! I'm listening to today's testimony right now and am about to pull out my hair!! *grumbles* IT's driving me insane! The same questions, Def Att R's ridiculous attempts to make the witness "slip up" it's like childhood games he plays, and it's really embarrassing in a court of law...his questioning belongs on the playground and the state isn't doing much better imo! He is feeding into the ridiculousness of what the Def Att is doing. He needs to ignore all this caca and get to the heart of the case. And stop with the Boom Boom or whatever the interim was...three noises.....it has taken days to go through this nonsense! This would NEVER be allowed in our courts. EVER! grrrr and I am worried about the judge she seems to soft to me, will she be soft on Oscar as well?

Why do you say it would never be allowed in our courts? Remember the tedium of the Arias trial? We were all literally banging our heads on the walls for 5 months straight.

OP might get a break (might, but maybe not) due to his celeb status, but I don't think the judge can or will ignore every charge against him. I'd be surprised if he didn't go to prison for some length of time. Might be less than he deserves, might be much less, but I think he will be held accountable for at least some of what he's charged with.

Thoughts?

I am a bit shocked about defence lawyer Roux's asides to reporters.

'Everything is fine' (What a witness said Oscar said after he shot Reeva)

'I'm gonna shoot some robots' (What another witness said Oscar said before he shot out of a sunroof).

I think
1) This is a murder trial, it's not funny and witnesses' statements should be respected by defence.
2) It seems like an underhand way to undermine witnesses' words outside of court, where they are in no position to reply.

It's just not cricket, as we say over here - and maybe in SA too.

I apologize if anyone did not realize what I said were jokes.
I thought it was clear from the 2 smileys I included.

Again those were joke, and I am sure they would never say or do those things.
I mistakenly thought everyone would immediately realize these were jokes/satire. Trying to add levity to a sad, tragic tale alas.
I will add j/k if I try any more satire.

Sorry

I am a bit shocked about defence lawyer Roux's asides to reporters.

'Everything is fine' (What a witness said Oscar said after he shot Reeva)

'I'm gonna shoot some robots' (What another witness said Oscar said before he shot out of a sunroof).

I think
1) This is a murder trial, it's not funny and witnesses' statements should be respected by defence.
2) It seems like an underhand way to undermine witnesses' words outside of court, where they are in no position to reply.

It's just not cricket, as we say over here - and maybe in SA too.

Do you have a link to these statements, please ? :tyou:

I thought this was a joke :what:

OP might get a break (might, but maybe not) due to his celeb status, but I don't think the judge can or will ignore every charge against him. I'd be surprised if he didn't go to prison for some length of time. Might be less than he deserves, might be much less, but I think he will be held accountable for at least some of what he's charged with.

Thoughts?

I would like to think that he will be held accountable. Am i confident that he will? Not yet, I'm afraid.

Does anyone know what he meant when Mr.Baba, the security man said it was his "last night?"

Was he fired for his knowledge of what happened?
Or what?

I would like to think that he will be held accountable. Am i confident that he will? Not yet, I'm afraid.

You might want to research closely what happened re [Carl P] Oscar's brother's trial for vehicular homicide of a woman last year. Including my research and posts at WS on this matter. It might give you pause.

You might want to research closely what happened re [Carl P] Oscar's brother's trial for vehicular homicide of a woman last year. Including my research and posts at WS on this matter. It might give you pause.

Omg. I did NOT know about this.

Do you have a link? My search is turning up empty… or are your comments in a thread on Oscar?

Yeah, he's been ordered to stay at his uncle's house and not return home.
His bail conditions have also been significantly relaxed, I believe the alcohol ban was lifted and his passport returned, he met his new GF during December on holiday in Mozambique.

Thoughts?

I'm worried he'll get off because he's a celebrity. It seems to me that celebrities always manage to avoid justice.

Do you have a link? My search is turning up empty… or are your comments in a thread on Oscar?

I would appreciate a link too if that is possible. I searched but could not find anything - i am not sure i have truly mastered the search function on WS. :blushing:

I have been thinking about this, I would like to post some thoughts while I "think aloud":

IMO, if I was on the jury (if there was a jury), it would be very helpful for me to see how Oscar moves around on his stumps. Bearing in mind, this is still before the forensic evidence, so everything might become clearer with that evidence.

But right now, I would like to have an idea of how he moves around without his prosthetics in.

The speed as well as the ease.

His ex-girlfriend testified that he needed to balance with something, usually.

I am getting this kind of crazy thought that what if he was holding the gun in one hand, and balancing with the cricket bat in the other (using like a cane). But that almost seems too "fantastical," to use one poster's word from yesterday.

That way, he would have both the cricket bat and the gun with him in the bathroom. He starts hitting the door with the bat. For whatever reason (maybe he got too frustrated, maybe she was claiming she would call someone at that second, maybe she was keeping the key out of his reach), he switched to the gun, which was also very close and handy at that moment.

It would also explain why Reeva felt scared for her life to lock herself in the bathroom (threatening her with gun).

Now let's say he didn't have the gun, but only the cricket bat. Was he threatening her with the cricket bat? Would she feel so threatened by that if he was on his stumps? Couldn't she find the key to unlock door and run away? Was he really that threatening? B/c the ex said he had to balance on something while on his stumps.

This is why I need to see what he moves around like without prosthetics.

It would make more sense if he was threatening her with a gun. But then how does the cricket bat come into the picture? I don't believe his story that he got the cricket bat and bashed door in after he shot her. Somehow, the cricket bat is involved in this. I just can't figure out how.

Now, everything would change if he had his prosthetics in at the time. Then, IMO, Reeva could feel threatened even if he was holding no bat and no gun. Even if he was holding nothing.

Just some thoughts......

I have been thinking about this, I would like to post some thoughts while I "think aloud":

IMO, if I was on the jury (if there was a jury), it would be very helpful for me to see how Oscar moves around on his stumps. Bearing in mind, this is still before the forensic evidence, so everything might become clearer with that evidence.

But right now, I would like to have an idea of how he moves around without his prosthetics in.

The speed as well as the ease.

His ex-girlfriend testified that he needed to balance with something, usually.

I am getting this kind of crazy thought that what if he was holding the gun in one hand, and balancing with the cricket bat in the other (using like a cane). But that almost seems too "fantastical," to use one poster's word from yesterday.

That way, he would have both the cricket bat and the gun with him in the bathroom. He starts hitting the door with the bat. For whatever reason (maybe he got too frustrated, maybe she was claiming she would call someone at that second, maybe she was keeping the key out of his reach), he switched to the gun, which was also very close and handy at that moment.

It would also explain why Reeva felt scared for her life to lock herself in the bathroom (threatening her with gun).

Now let's say he didn't have the gun, but only the cricket bat. Was he threatening her with the cricket bat? Would she feel so threatened by that if he was on his stumps? Couldn't she find the key to unlock door and run away? Was he really that threatening? B/c the ex said he had to balance on something while on his stumps.

This is why I need to see what he moves around like without prosthetics.

It would make more sense if he was threatening her with a gun. But then how does the cricket bat come into the picture? I don't believe his story that he got the cricket bat and bashed door in after he shot her. Somehow, the cricket bat is involved in this. I just can't figure out how.

Now, everything would change if he had his prosthetics in at the time. Then, IMO, Reeva could feel threatened even if he was holding no bat and no gun. Even if he was holding nothing.

Just some thoughts......

He did have his prosthetics on when he returned to the bathroom to break the door down. Have a look at his Bail Affidavit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sachivcochin