Trial Discussion Thread #20 - 14.04.08, Day 18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The tweeters finally got the drama they were waiting for.

Laurel Irving ‏@laurelirving7 4m
#oscarpistorius has now left the court. His wailing can still be heard from inside.

Tom Steinfort ‏@tomsteinfort 5m
These are howls like we have never heard from Pistorius. His brother and sister rush to comfort him, but it is futile #OscarTrial

Rebecca Davis ‏@becsplanb 5m
We have adjourned because Pistorius is howling uncontrollably. Unearthly wails.

Annika Larsen ‏@AnnikaLarsen1 34s
OP breaks down in court. He howled and sobbed with his hands covering his face. This was a breakdown you couldn't make up.

Wait until Nel gets ahold of him. We haven't heard nothing yet. Bring on the green bucket. All I can say is get this man a bib.

Well, no surprise there, since his actions ruined his life, too..

But something else is interesting - how he remembers exactly how many times he hit the door - he said he hit it 3 times. This is odd to me, that he would remember the exact number of times he hit the door, in this state of shock and panic that he says he was in?

This again looks to me like it is tailored to match what the wittnesses stated that they heard, 3 bangs after the screams, does it not??

He did say "I think". But then he did repeat (about three times?) about hitting the door, three times.

I was interested that the first hit with the bat took that little sliver out, just enough for him to see Reeva. I always wondered if that hit came before the shots were fired, maybe.

But something else is interesting - how he remembers exactly how many times he hit the door - he said he hit it 3 times. This is odd to me, that he would remember the exact number of times he hit the door, in this state of shock and panic that he says he was in?

This again looks to me like it is tailored to match what the wittnesses stated that they heard, 3 bangs after the screams, does it not??

Exactly , I noticed that too he hit door three times too much detail supposedly remembered under his claimed state of shock and panic.

He did say "I think". But then he did repeat (about three times?) about hitting the door, three times.

I was interested that the first hit with the bat took that little sliver out, just enough for him to see Reeva. I always wondered if that hit came before the shots were fired, maybe.

I was certain the sound bites witnessed were 3 bangs screams and 4 bangs as bang...bang,bang,bang.

Yup :yes:

his testimony is definitely being broken up into smaller chunks than it could be. the precedent is being set, that every time he cries, the heat is off, he gets a break, or he gets to finish early for the day.

yep, flashing lights from Dvd players, media players, bedside digital clocks etc are bloody annoying to me too! :)

I think he mentioned a (singular) LED light. I wonder what he covers it with every other night. Just sounded odd to me. I have an alarm clock that shines on the ceiling/wall so it can be seen at any time but it doesn't keep me awake. One gets used to these things quite quickly IMO. There is also the TV LED which is always on and the HiFi. Perhaps I find it easy to switch myself off to these lights. In this case I think is story is to support his alibi that the room was pitch black.

I was certain the sound bites witnessed were 3 bangs screams and 4 bangs as bang...bang,bang,bang.

Mrs. Stipp said three then three. I think that's what her husband said as well, but can't be sure about that one.

It was interested that the first hit with the bat took that little sliver out, just enough for him to see Reeva. I always wondered if that hit came before the shots were fired, maybe.

BIB He almost said that he looked through the hole to see Reeva. I believe he wanted to say that. But he stopped short. Seems more and more likely in my mind that he did before and after he murdered her.

Off to get some breakfast I am starving. Later everyone.

his testimony is definitely being broken up into smaller chunks than it could be. the precedent is being set, that every time he cries, the heat is off, he gets a break, or he gets to finish early for the day.
I think its a fine line - if she doesn't stop proceedings, she's not only giving him a forum for his anguish, she's also likely introducing a possible appellate issue.

The cross examination is going to take a long long time. Hopefully he will be too busy thinking quickly to break down every 5 mins.

wow - just wow - that was some real pain right there. I don't think anyone could fake that kind of heartbreak. Almost made me cry.

I thought his crying sounded quite fake/forced at the point where it started .. as if he wanted to make sure that he cried at that point. I'm not saying by that that his grief isn't genuine, I think it is, regardless of whether it was an accident or intentional as all violent abusers are absolutely full of sorrow and remorse after the event (they never tend to think beforehand how their violent actions might pan out) .. just that it was as if he forced himself to cry at that particular point because he feared how he might look if he didn't cry. Not crying isn't always an indication of guilt, because sometimes you just get to the point where you cannot cry any more, so whether you cry or not really means nothing .. it's the overall circumstances and burden of proof against you that will convict or acquit, not whether you cry or not, or at which points you cry.

wow - just wow - that was some real pain right there. I don't think anyone could fake that kind of heartbreak. Almost made me cry.

Yes, pain and imo not faked, but it seems too much like self pity to me... and he doesn't even "know" why he fired the gun!!! That must be irresponsibility and recklessness at the highest level, and he realises what he did and that there could be serious consequences now for him... Too late for Reeva... Reeva is dead and gone. jmo

Hah, so the time of the *advertiser censored* watching was downstairs while she was cooking? Why would he be doing that, while he has his beautiful girlfriend there, on Valentine's Day Eve??? Did he need to watch that stuff to get himself 'in the mood'? Maybe he wasn't quite so into her as he claims, then, otherwise he would not need all that stuff beforehand. I think there may have been an argument over this too, both the watching of the *advertiser censored*, and probably some probs in bed, too.

Going to check Lisa blog for *advertiser censored* watching time .
But he has Testified Reeva was downstairs cooking while he was upstairs showering and changing .
Does anyone know whether he said where the iPads were at this time .
Seriously I cannot accept Reeva was doing *advertiser censored* and cooking at the same time .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Haji62