Trial Discussion Thread #22 - 14.04.10, Day 20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If OP keeps this up he deserves whatever comes his way. I have been a supporter (for both) since hearing about the shooting. Giving him the benefit of the doubt. But him admitting and then denying what he admitted to a few minutes later is going to cause his downfall. Mess up whatever credibility he has left. And he'll have noone else to blame but himself.

He can't keep it together because it's all a lie.

We've all been waiting for this day to see if he holds up on the stand and I believe he is fumbling miserably because his stories are a crock of you know what.

Bang to rights on this gun charge yet he carries on denying it, judge wont be impressed.

Wouldn't it sensible to admit to something, ANYTHING???

He'ill be saying he wasn't even there next!!

I warned you...will the real Oscar Pistorius please stand up?

Oscar:I'm sorry he's not available at the moment.....

Ya'll in the civilized world :) can sure type a bunch of post whilst I listen to the testimony. I'm stunned at OP's blaming others for the gun going off and he didn't pull the trigger.

I don't know if it's been mentioned but he was told it was one up. Second, someone had to take the safety off. Third, he didn't know to take the magazine out first?

He had to take the safety off.

I suppose next we'll hear he didn't pull the trigger 4 times while Reeva was in the toilet.

I don't think OP is capable of accepting responsibility for any of his inappropriate actions, only his achievements. That is not standing him in good stead at all. By not accepting responsibility for the less serious indiscretions, (relationship problems, and the previous shootings) he has no credibility when it comes to his version of events that he is charged with.
I think OP taking the stand to give his version was a bad idea as it is doing way more harm than helping his defence. And the cross has only just begun.

I think it may be because he is trying to protect the OP brand .
He won't concede to anything because he hopes to rebuild his life ,career and most importantly brand.
Unfortunately this just puts him in a very bad light generally with regard to the murder charges .
FM members have previously said that he may have been advised to admit the gun charges and he may have refused . He seems to be master of his own destiny ATM .

Moving the slide reloads the chamber, which is why the magazine is first ejected, before ejecting the bullet in the chamber.

His whole legal team came out of the side room of the court with OP at end of break, thought that wasn't allowed. Sky had the cameras on the exit to the room

Wouldn't it sensible to admit to something, ANYTHING???

He'ill be saying he wasn't even there next!!
I said the same thing yesterday! I kept expecting him to say he wasn't even in the house the night Reeva was murdered.

We may still yet.

N:....therefore it's important to first check the mag's out

O: Correct

N: Then when gun went off, I'd have expected you to say to Mr F, 'This gun went off without warning!'

O explains what he said to Fresco, which wasn't that, and he 'doesn't remember' if he said that to Reeva.

The thing he says about spots figures having a level of narcissism is pretty true. Anyone who wants to get ahead, be successful but also be seen as the best, really, in all fields. Donald Trump comes to mind.

O:...it was a mistake on my behalf and the media would take it out of context...if pple found out about it, they'd have thought I was the type of person who fired in a restaurant, which was far from what happened

Then goes on to explain how he's not a rock star, and mentions money

N: You didn't even want the truth to be in the media?

O: That's correct Milady

Didn't OP's family say they were 'proud' of his performance (sorry can't think of a better word), yesterday? Wonder how they are feeling about today so far?

Nel schooling OP on what it means to take responsibility.

OP still insisting he didn't pull the trigger on Fresco's pistol.

N: That is a good example of you not taking responsibility for what you did....

O: I think I did take responsibility by offering to pay Mr Lucas for the damage...

O just said:

"The truth is the truth."

I warned you...will the real Oscar Pistorius please stand up?

Oscar:I'm sorry he's not available at the moment.....

Still not enough to say he intended to kill Reeva....so frustrating.

I'm hoping he looses it.

"I didn't pull the trigger on that firearm"

Nel lets that hang for a good few seconds. Lets the judge digest the lie.

It wouldn't be ok, at all. I don't think I'd be expected to day anything else, lol. But that's not the hypothetical I'm going for. I'm going for, I end up dead and he's falsely accused of my murder. Or vice versa, really. Our texts could be unfairly incriminating to either of us, in my very hypothetical situation, as neither of us are dead.

I want to correct myself, I answered before reading the question properly. It wouldn't be ok for him to kill me and it would be ok for the police to look through our texts for clues to the murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucysmom20