Trial Discussion Thread #22 - 14.04.10, Day 20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the messaging "I love you" front, addressed by Nel.

2/3 months into a relationship, there's no danger I'd say "I love you" to a partner after that short space of time, even if I felt that way.

Notably, Reeva hadn't said it to Oscar either, so unsure why Nel's unfairly picking Oscar up on it?

Because he has since claimed that it was a very loving relationship, painted a flattering picture and possibly exaggerated the depth of feeling - He probably cared less about her than he suggests, therefore it questions his credibility and honesty - both of which are the crux of his defence.

Nel must have really done his homework on the approach to use against OP or maybe it's just a standard one to use on narcissists.

I wonder if OP is considering an appeal based on Roux's 'incompetence' after all the things Nel has pointed out that "Mr Roux would have asked..."?

Hi Lisa. Why do you think she didn't make a call then and even just let it run if she couldn't speak? Cheers

Well honestly, it's hard to say because I can't trust with certainty that it was in the locked toilet room. That is Oscar's story and I don't believe him at all.

I do believe that it was somewhere in the bathroom.

Maybe she ran in to the bathroom and was going to call for help. The Stipps described that the screams got closer. Oscar knocked it out of her hands (hence the cover being knocked off of it), she ran in to the toilet and locked the door and he shot her.

We just don't know. The only thing we do know is that Oscar refuses to tell anybody the truth. Why do people lie? To cover up the truth.

Given that he has often spoken about being on a restricted diet when in training I have wondered if he might be bulimic? Could explain the ease with which he throws up when things get awkward.

Yes, and also I am very surprised to learn that elite runners have to watch their weight so much, I mean goodness they must expend tons of calories during their training. I would think the "extra" would just come right off.

I also think he was perfectly aware of avoiding writing out damaging text messages as they can ultimately come back and damage brand Oscar if an ex sold a story so he knows to use the phone when it comes to arguing instead of texting.

I reckon you are spot on with that one.

Thank you so much for your response!

As far as Reeva's phone, I wonder if they determined what time she stopped using any application on it. Because Oscar contends that she was looking at pictures when he was "going to sleep." He said that she was playing with her phone when he went to sleep, IIRC. And then he says that when he awoke, she was still up. So that makes me think he is suggesting that she was still "playing with her phone" when he woke up. I don't think he ever said that outright - IIRC he didn't really say what she was actually doing when he woke up, just that she said something like "can't sleep Baba?" I guess he can't claim to say he knew what she was doing b/c that would imply that he saw her for longer than he says he did (when he went to get the fans). He says he never actually looked at her, oh except today he said he saw how the duvet was placed on her. But that was his own *mistake* getting all his lies and stories mixed up.

Then there is the question of, whether or not Oscar actually went to sleep or not. And I would think his Ipad activity would be some indication as to that. For example, if there is Ipad activity after his claimed sleep time, well then just more evidence he's lying. In contrast, if there is no Ipad activity, at least we can rule out that he was on his Ipad during his supposed sleeping.

Why would she ask him if he couldn't sleep? He must have been sleeping if he woke up!
And why would he answer no, he couldn't sleep? He must have been sleeping if he woke up!

He didn't think that one through very well, did he.

Well honestly, it's hard to say because I can't trust with certainty that it was in the locked toilet room. That is Oscar's story and I don't believe him at all.

I do believe that it was somewhere in the bathroom.

Maybe she ran in to the bathroom and was going to call for help. The Stipps described that the screams got closer. Oscar knocked it out of her hands (hence the cover being knocked off of it), she ran in to the toilet and locked the door and he shot her.

We just don't know. The only thing we do know is that Oscar refuses to tell anybody the truth. Why do people lie? To cover up the truth.

Thanks Lisa.

He'd had plenty girlfriends previously and one lasting about 3 years. I wonder what made him risk everything by shooting this one particular girl after only a few months?

Oscar was the one who chose to write in his bail affidavit that they were "deeply in love" and he knew that Reeva felt the same. (paraphrasing)

Because of this, you bet your @ss the State is testing his claim.

People can be annoyed by the text messages and just think they are frivolous and silly to dissect, but do you really think the State was going to take that sentence and accept it?

Out of fairness to Reeva, I'm glad that they are dissecting the text messages and shoving OP's assertion down his throat that she was deeply in love with him.

Does "one up" mean one bullet in the chamber? But he fired 4 shots?

I believe it means one bullet is always left loaded in the chamber ready to go. To fire more you'd have to do something to load from the magazine into the chamber. *advertiser censored*? slide? something.

Yesterday he said she said "... my baba." He dropped the "my" today. Not sure why that matters to me but when he used "my" it seemed like he was trying to make it so intimate and loving.

ETA: I think he may have said it while the state was asking him questions, not yesterday.

That's what he wants everyone to believe but you cannot compare a barely 3 month relationship with father and daughter, and many, like me, have reservations with the decision not to prosecute in this case, as it sets precedents that people like OP will seek to rely on.

ETA in RV's case, that could have been someone elses son/daughter :(

I don't think I could make a decision on that other case either.
Like you say it could have been someone else's child ,they were driving away from his property and were not posing a threat .

I believe it means one bullet is always left loaded in the chamber ready to go. To fire more you'd have to do something to load from the magazine into the chamber. *advertiser censored*? slide? something.

So it can account for the gap between first shot and 3 following shots?

It is funny that you should say that but his behaviour on the stand is very much like that .He has the mature gun crazy macho exterior image but a child like immature side as well.

Yes. And for some reason that song is very ironic to me - the "B***** don't kill my vibe" by Kendrick Lamar I believe grew up in Oakland and grew up surrounded by gangs and violence, and that is what he raps about. However, here we see OP listening to a song by that artist, while in the meantime he is in constant inner fear and paranoia of violence, etc..

I also can't understand why he didn't just have a personal bodyguard, or at least someone stationed at the door to his apartment at night. I wouldn't expect this for regular people in S. Africa, but didn't he have enough money to do this?

JMO.

Thank you. Did the gun he used load automatically or did he have to manually load each bullet?

For me, until and unless there is actual evidence put forth to discredit the 5 people who heard a woman screaming, it's still murder. If the defence can manage that, then I might start considering culpable homicide. Maybe. Perhaps. Okay, probably not, but I can try. ;)

JMO

I'm totally with you on the screams. I've been waiting for someone to change my mind and it just has not happened. So far the people who heard a woman screaming is still screaming to me. :facepalm:

Thanks Lisa.

He'd had plenty girlfriends previously and one lasting about 3 years. I wonder what made him risk everything by shooting this one particular girl after only a few months?

Can anybody ever adequately explain why people kill?

People kill for all sorts of ridiculous reasons and rarely can anybody predict it, unless the person is a straight up psychopath.

Why did OJ kill Nicole? He wasn't a psychopath. He had everything to lose.

These things are not logical.

So it can account for the gap between first shot and 3 following shots?

I don't know anything about guns (hate them!), but that was the suggestion from Trooper, I believe, earlier who owns a gun. I'll see if I can find the post.

Thank you. Did the gun he used load automatically or did he have to manually load each bullet?

I think I've sussed it. The one up bullet means not only do you have the magazine that holds a full round of 6? Bullets you have one ready loaded meaning you have 7 to go. So you would have to draw the slide to engage the magazine with its preloaded 6 rounds to go. This may account for the gap between the last four shots heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper