Trial Discussion Thread #25 - 14.04.14, Day 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point by Nels.

He said OP yelled to get out.

The intruder could have been trying to do that when OP shot.

Reckless.

O: I thought there was a possibility there was one or two persons in the toilet....

N: How would they get out?....You screamed get out...

O: Through the window.....at the time I couldn't think...my inference was they came in the window. Surely they could get out?

N: they'd have to come out that door. You never gave them a chance...you just fired? (listed all pple it could have been, child etc)

O: That's correct Milady.

OP "knew" "they" had come up the ladder through the bathroom window so what did he expect "them" to do, throw "themselves" out?

How could he have not heard that door locking?, impossible.

that is a new to me. fired first shot [a], then as she fell, noise of the mag rack, reaimed for the other three shots.

how would he know to move his aim... all the noise,

did he see through the small split in the door...

I've been wondering that myself ever since I saw the change in bullet trajectories after the first shot.

http://juror13lw.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/6.jpg

Another good point by Nels.

How did he fail to hear the door locking?

Its a loud noise.

Keys now.

Showing reconstruction of door and aide is opening and shutting door, locking it. (clanks)

N: You never heard that?

O: No Milady.

Nel just demonstrated how Reeva could no way have reached to shut door, sitting on the loo.

He was in quiet mode when he heard the toilet door slamming not shouting as he just said.

Just saying, Nel completely convinced me that Oscar had left out the door slamming in the morning. He even argued with Roux about it. So, what was going on there? Did Nel forget himself?

Yeah, I think he was just mistaken.

He can't proffer to the Court anything he knows is untrue, that is why he had to correct himself and advise the Court upon realizing he was wrong.

Now show the court whether those keys would've shot out from the inside of the door if it was hit with a cricket back or whether the keys would've been caught in the lock (as the key had been turned, according to OP ) ..

The stipps must be lying about the lights being on, oh dear, keep on digging.

I am so glad Nel brought up the bit about him never giving the supposed intruders a chance and that there could have been a child (under 18), because I think sometimes it is getting forgotten that even had it been a burglar their life would still be worth something.

O: I was busy shouting. I wasn't quiet.

N: You shouted ans screamed in the passage and in the bathroom. You fired after that?

O: That's correct.

Nel speaks about Stipps hearing screams.

O: The only voice that night was mine.

N: But they say immediately after the shots, the lights were on. Both. Take it from me.

O: That's correct milady.

OP agrees they must have both been lying. After the shooting he put the lights on.

Was that a shot of Stipp looking astounded?

OP now arguing the state's version isn't correct.

Give it up, Oscar, seriously. This is embarrassing.

O: I was busy shouting. I wasn't quiet.

N: You shouted ans screamed in the passage and in the bathroom. You fired after that?

O: That's correct.

Nel speaks about Stipps hearing screams.

O: The only voice that night was mine.

N: But they say immediately after the shots, the lights were on. Both. Take it from me.

O: That's correct milady.

OP agrees they must have both been lying. After the shooting he put the lights on.

Was that a shot of Stipp looking astounded?

How on earth can he be so convinced that Reeva wasn't screaming when he's testified that his ears were ringing?

I can only think it's because she was already disabled in some way and he knew she couldn't scream.

OP "knew" "they" had come up the ladder through the bathroom window so what did he expect "them" to do, throw "themselves" out?

.. zactly .. he keeps saying they could've used the ladder .. no they couldn't, coz he's just said they used it to get in the bathroom window ..!

N: They said between the shots they heard screaming. Was that you?

O: Which shots? Between which series of noises? Which shots?

N: I don't know why you won't answer...

Judge says give him time.

O: That was myself. I was screaming out for Reeva to call police...

N: But at that stage, she was already shot? When did you scream?

OP seems to be saying he was screaming to Reeva as he shot her and when he hit the door with the bat. He says he has had his voice tested. There were tests, he does sound high-pitched but he hasn't seen it and doesn't know why it was never played to witnesses to see if that's what they heard.

Why scream out for Reeva to call the police when the gun shots would have woken her up (if she was still in bed)??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marni