Trial Discussion Thread #25 - 14.04.14, Day 22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would he think an intruder would be in a locked bathroom? Odd place for intruder to hide. IMO

Yes, I can well imagine him shouting out "get the *advertiser censored* out of my house .. get the *advertiser censored* out of my house!" .. but not to a suspected intruder ..

Exactly and knowing OP, he would want to keep any intruder(s) IN his house so that they could be dealt with and probably by him !!

Are there steps taken to ensure he's got somebody around him at all times? I think today was so devastating to his case that he may try to harm himself.

Before anybody thinks wrong of what I've posted - I really don't wish that for either himself, his or Reeva's family.

Don't take this wrong, but I honestly don't think OP is gonna harm his one true love---himself. Besides that, he doesn't think he has done anything to harm his case, because nothing is ever his fault. MOO

The wording is so suspicious.

If he had a fight with Reeva, he would have shouted the same thing.

A lot of FM have thought this and that this could be when and how her jeans ended up outside . The jeans outside haven't been discussed by Nel yet .....

Apr 14 Session 3
Oscar Pistorius Trial: Monday 14 April 2014, Session 3 - YouTube

@15:45 Nel starts talking about the moments immediately after the shots.

@16:50
Nel: why would you scream, why would you scream out
OP: I was scared. I wanted to ask Reeva why is she phoning the police

Unless I heard incorrectly, that is a BOMBSHELL ...possibly the prime motive for snuffing her out -- he was afraid she was going to call the police!

I think in his confused state on the stand at that moment, op got the contexts of his post kill screams mixed up with pre-kill screams.

OP rebuked again by judge for speaking softly.

O: ...it doesn't suit my version, but we ate just after 7pm...I don't think Reeva went downstairs to eat later...I don't want to argue the point...

N: I want to argue the point.

bbm

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

apr 14 session 3
oscar pistorius trial: Monday 14 april 2014, session 3 - youtube

@15:45 nel starts talking about the moments immediately after the shots.

nel: Why would you scream, why would you scream out
op: I was scared. i wanted to ask reeva why is she phoning the police

unless i heard incorrectly, that is a bombshell ...possibly the prime motive for snuffing her out -- he was afraid she was going to call the police!

I think in his confused state on the stand at that moment, op got the contexts of his post kill screams mixed up with pre-kill screams.

ommmgggggg.

Don't take this wrong, but I honestly don't think OP is gonna harm his one true love---himself. Besides that, he doesn't think he has done anything to harm his case, because nothing is ever his fault. MOO

I think it's possibly hitting home now that he's been caught out and don't think he ever believed how hard a time he was going to get on that stand. I believe he really thought he could beat Nel but can possibly now see he's effectively a 'fallen idol' and that I don't think his ego can take.

Apr 14 Session 3

Unless I heard incorrectly, that is a BOMBSHELL ...possibly the prime motive for snuffing her out -- he was afraid she was going to call the police!

That is a massive freudian slip :p

Apr 14 Session 3

And you know, that would make perfect sense b/c that would explain the cell phones.

I would think if Oscar blew up and was throwing a raging fit, Reeva would threaten to call the police....it seems like the natural thing a woman would do in that situation. I'm not talking about women who have been in a domestic violence relationship (b/c they will be too scared to call the police usually), but a woman who has not been in a domestic violence or abusive relationship.

And calling the police would be a MAJOR dent in Oscar's public image. I can totally see him going off-the-rails at the threat of this coming out into the open.

JMO.

Apr 14 Session 3

Maybe but I put the speaker to my ear and he might have said "isn't' instead of "is". [phoning the police]

Are there steps taken to ensure he's got somebody around him at all times? I think today was so devastating to his case that he may try to harm himself.

Before anybody thinks wrong of what I've posted - I really don't wish that for either himself, his or Reeva's family.

Narcissists never want to harm themselves, he's fine. He still has weeks to go before the fat lady sings her song to him. :)

Me too. But if I hear a noise, I'm the first one to shake him and say :"did you hear that". Same with DH. So I don't know if I"m buying what he's trying to sell. I know things are different in SA - but don't tell me that he didn't confirm RS acknowledged him, or that he didn't check to see if she was in bed before he went gun crazy.

And weren't they just talking? What's the matter baba? I can't sleep. So when did he NOT notice she went to the loo.

Oh, and what's with the dramatics? He needs a break because he said the F word? Because he said get out of my f'n house?

Please OP - you're not doing yourself any favors.

MOO

Yesterday the alarm went off, I jumped out of bed mumbling something to my partner about it being so early and that I'd hardly had any sleep, I then heard a noise in the bathroom. Because I was convinced he was still in bed the first thing I did (without even thinking, still being half asleep) was to whip my head around and look at where he sleeps in bed (still believing him to be there) and then I could see he was already up. He'd gone to the toilet and decided he may as well get up as not worth going back to bed.

Should I have just rushed into the bathroom and attacked him, without checking the bed?!! I checked the bed without even having to think about it.

Apr 14 Session 3

Oooo... yes, I absolutely think his fear that she was calling police motivated him to intentionally kill her. And notice after the shots, he says he backed out of the bathroom showing no further interest in the window, the supposed entrance/exit point of the intruder/s.

N has moved onto Col VR's statement as photo not available. Reading about 'stainless steel fan standing in front of the door and the door was open'.

O: He doesn't say 'I' went up, he says 'we' went up. And he says the curtains were open, not the doors.

N: I'm glad you noticed that, it's on the record.

Just bringing this forward as I thought I had remembered this .

Nel has had it put on the record after being confirmed by OP that after the shooting the balcony doors were closed !!!
Now this is very very odd . Are we to believe that after going out onto the balcony to shout for help that he came back in and closed the doors again whilst on his stumps . Why would he close the balcony doors ..........

Maybe but I put the speaker to my ear and he might have said "isn't' instead of "is". [phoning the police]

After listening to it several times it is to difficult to tell exactly which one he said. However, HOW would he know that she had not phoned police? Why would he assume that she did not already call police or was in the process of phoning police? And remember, his ears were ringing from the 4 gun shots so would he have heard her if she responded that she was on the phone with police, that she had called police? To me it shows that his version is a lie.

MOO

Blade Runner, Pistorius has this morning alone brought three new probabilities to the court's attention.

That what he thought was a sound coming from the bathroom could have been the sound of the magazine rack moving.

That Reeva may have gone to eat while he was asleep, but he also said it would have been impossible and that he would have heard her if she had.

Double-amputee Olympic runner, Pistorius also told the court that he heard the bathroom door slam, but Nel said that was a new version which he did not mention during bail.
http://thenewage.co.za/123211-1009-53-Oscar_Pistorius_weeps_on_stand

Interesting that when resisting saying why, who and what he shot, OP said that he shot "out of fright" more or less what Mdunge claimed for shooting his pregnant wife coming out of the bathroom mistaking her for a burglar. From News24, (link: http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Man-who-shot-wife-in-error-can-sympathise-with-Oscar-20140407)

“As the accused reached the bathroom door, the bathroom door suddenly slid open and the accused, afraid for his life, panicked at being startled by the door suddenly opening and he fired a shot from his gun at the person who opened the door.

So what OP said about shooting "in fright" on hearing the door opening, a door which has now become the magazine rack being moved, would prove BARD "culpable homicide", especially if the Mdunge case is anything to go by.

Nel's questioning is trying to pin OP down to admitting to intending to shoot an intruder which if he does would place him firmly in murder territory. On the other hand it may be the judge can already take the inference of OP's intent to shoot an intruder from OP saying that he shot at the "perceived danger " when the two are arguably inseparable as one and same thing, i.e. an intruder about to emerge and attack.

IMO, OP's desperate prancing around exactly what he shot at shows he has been rehearsed on this so he has that help, but Nel is doing no more than what the police would have done had OP co-operated and answered questions at the time, i.e. interrogate him to try to get to the truth. jmo

After listening to it several times it is to difficult to tell exactly which one he said. However, HOW would he know that she had not phoned police? Why would he assume that she did not already call police or was in the process of phoning police? And remember, his ears were ringing from the 4 gun shots so would he have heard her if she responded that she was on the phone with police, that she had called police? To me it shows that his version is a lie.

MOO

Well that's a whole 'nother story.

Most of us believe that most or nearly all of his statements are lies.
I was merely replying to what was just said in court.
It sounds like the sound system (mic) had a sudden dropoff just as he is saying isn't or is. you can hear the dip.

Unless...here it comes..the dip in voice is coming from him...

"This one runs deep."

With his really bad performance today about:
- his fem-screaming that no one else will verify…
- the food
- the inability to hear the key turn
- the blaming of his defence for the toilet door sound not in statements
- Stipps lying
- Improbable way he is shouting at the intruder and Reeva all the time, yet walking into danger, sorry, walking into the unthinking…

If Pistorius is a ship that’s hit an iceburg, the water’s coming in fast and it’s going down. Quick, he needs Roux.

Next step…they’ll have a random dude in the States who has made an unscientific demonstration on youtube. Because it’s a verified practice of the lawyers to tell Judge/people to look at things on youtube for court evidence - especially when it helps the accused. Or maybe they’ll redirect everyone to use the John Travolta movie ‘Blow Out’ where the Foley artist records sounds of a the real, terrified sounds of a woman’s screams.
Yeeeaaah, dying screaming’s woman on recreated video/audio is exactly what Pistorius sounded like that night…fo’sure.

That overhead of the toilet was extremely telling and graphic. Chilling. Pistorius shot to one area and hit Reeva in the hip. Then moved a whole grouping of shots by sound to where she collapsed onto the magazine rack.

This is the smoking gun for PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member