Trial Discussion Thread #26 - 14.04.15, Day 23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just following trial here and am only up to p. 11. Would someone please provide the gist of Dixon's conclusions re "the door splinters"? Also, did Dixon test the illumination in the bedroom if the bathroom light was ON immediately after the first bangs as both Shipps contend?

What Dixon did explain quite well was the splinters in Reeva's right arm and the distance and position her arm had to be in behind the door to receive the splinters to her skin. IIRC According to Dixon's investigation Reeva was standing very close to the door, 6-10 cm, at 20 cm the splinters would not penetrate the skin. Reeva had splinters in the upper and lower outer portions of her arm extending away from the elbow.

Looking at his positioning to demonstrate for the court, his right arm is acoss his stomach with the arm extended towards his left hip and his elbow bent. IMO it is likely Reeva was holding the door handle with (at least) her right hand, for safety just in case OP managed to open the lock or physically open the door open. I like that he did the tests to determine that, it gives a clearer picture.

If those bullets where fired in panic they would have gone all over the place, its a clear lie.

From what I have seen of Reeva's caring and supportive nature (sympathetic msgs, staying friends with ex partners), I think she may have said she would call police if Oscar was having a temper tantrum, but actually hesitated to do so.

I think that last act of hesitation -caring for Oscar and his reputation - may have cost her, her life.

But it wasn't THAT good of a grouping (according to OP). However, the shots were perfect for hitting and killing Reeva 3 out of 4 shots.

What I want to know is how did he have his left hand on the wall, right hand on the gun, when the wall would have been on his right side? Did he put his hand in front of his body going across to the wall? Did he put his hand behind his body going across to the wall? Or has he changed his version yet again and now he is not next to that wall where the cabinets are in the passage way and instead he is next to the back wall to the left of the bathroom?

The bathroom window and Reeva thinking about making her escape out of it, there is nothing under that window for her to land on except for the ground two stories below. No, Reeva wasn't planning on going out that bathroom window or the toilet room window. She was trapped in the toilet room while OP shot her to death.

MOO

I think she was considering it...but yes. She was certainly trapped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find it quite astonishing (as stated often upthread) that this guy has done all the forensics for OP. What happened to the American Forensics Team they had especially flown in. Is that the evidence we are hearing from this guy?

OP, being so considerate, hit the side of the door (right side) instead of the center or left side of the door because he didn't want the panel to come out and hit Reeva. Never mind that he had just fired four lethal shots into the toilet room door at her.

The bathroom window and Reeva thinking about making her escape out of it, there is nothing under that window for her to land on except for the ground two stories below. No, Reeva wasn't planning on going out that bathroom window or the toilet room window. She was trapped in the toilet room while OP shot her to death.

MOO

People have different reactions, if it were me in a small room and an enraged person pounding on the door with a bat, I would think about jumping out the window, even if it meant a 2 story fall. It's fight or flight and she could not win a fight with OP.

JMO.

I am neither an apologist or a supporter, I am a supporter of the factual evidence. I'm still on the fence and although there have been inconsistencies in OPs testimony, I believe they are minor. I cannot believe he would remember every minor detail from the night, and perhaps minor details stand out more than others to him, I don't know. He had pretty much kept the core of his story intact and I still believe it's plausible (haha maybe to many folks here frustration). Will have to see what happens with the rest of the witnesses.

That being said, I do firmly believe him that whatever the outcome, he deserves jail time and a stiff sentence at that. At the end of the day, he did commit a murder and a beautiful girl is dead.

Well made points.

At the moment I have OP down for the gun related charges, and have not yet been convinced about the intention to kill Reeva. You're correct, evidence is crucial and if it has to be circumstantial then an accusing story with many twists and turns can be just as improbable a story as any other.

You don't have to be an apologist, sympathizer, supporter or any other name, you can simply make your own mind up regarding the charges based on the evidence and information you've seen.

Whatever the outcome, the winner needs to be justice. That applies to Reeva and her family, and the accused in receiving the correct sentence for the crime that has been committed.

It's an opinion at the end of the day. These opinions will still remain after the trial is over.

People have different reactions, if it were me in a small room and an enraged person pounding on the door with a bat, I would think about jumping out the window, even if it meant a 2 story fall. It's fight or flight and she could not win a fight with OP.

JMO.

I don't believe she even thought that he would come after her with the gun. Unfortunately she didn't know exactly how bad his temper was until he fired that first shot.

MOO

Sorry...I've searched and searched but can't find original references to jeans being found outside the house. Am I understanding correctly that is so? Then whose jeans were found inside out in his bedroom????

The gunshots and the 'sliver' out of the door that Oscar himself said he could see Reeva through. Are they panicked shots? Or calculated, oscar aiming at Reeva through that missing sliver of wood?

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-27041156

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 10
I find it quite astonishing (as stated often upthread) that this guy has done all the forensics for OP. What happened to the American Forensics Team they had especially flown in. Is that the evidence we are hearing from this guy?

Oscar has probably contradicted half of his witness's before they have said a word on the stand.

Sorry...I've searched and searched but can't find original references to jeans being found outside the house. Am I understanding correctly that is so? Then whose jeans were found inside out in his bedroom????

A photograph was introduced into evidence by the State that showed a pair of slim jeans with a white belt through the belt loops on the ground in the area outside under the bathroom window. Nothing was said about those jeans. The photo was just entered in as evidence.

The article says the sound test was of the cricket bat and a shot. I thought they were both of the cricket bat at 2 separate distances.. Anyone know which is true? The 2nd one to me, from 180 metres was duller sounding, i.e. a bat.

I'll try and find the place in the video.

I listened to the test again on youtube session 3 at 28.25. The sounds are played twice. I think it only the cricket bat, once with over arm and once with lower arm positions. Dixon says they tested with bat and shots, but it's not clear whether they played the sounds of both. My impression is they played only the bat.

What Dixon did explain quite well was the splinters in Reeva's right arm and the distance and position her arm had to be in behind the door to receive the splinters to her skin. IIRC According to Dixon's investigation Reeva was standing very close to the door, 6-10 cm, at 20 cm the splinters would not penetrate the skin. Reeva had splinters in the upper and lower outer portions of her arm extending away from the elbow.

Looking at his positioning to demonstrate for the court, his right arm is acoss his stomach with the arm extended towards his left hip and his elbow bent. IMO it is likely Reeva was holding the door handle with (at least) her right hand, for safety just in case OP managed to open the lock or physically open the door open. I like that he did the tests to determine that, it gives a clearer picture.

Ah, cheers. I need to watch this (perhaps holding the door handle with the left hand?). BIB, interesting position. Body language 101 - hugging oneself is generally considered to be a self-comforting, defensive (mentally) position. It's not really a pose one would strike while walking/exiting a door. The pose likely indicates Reeva was in a stationary position, perhaps talking to OP.

I cannot believe all the comments suggesting that a card from Reeva saying "I love you" is somehow evidence of an abusive relationship!

I have to run, I agree with your post for the most part, but many women see the danger signs and get out before the control, violence and abuse begins.

Declaring Reeva is one of the woman who would have stayed is unfair to Reeva as that is an unknown by strangers on the internet. She has more in the column of would not have stayed than would have.

Once again, that is totally misunderstanding how abusive relationships work. So much has already been explained about them on all of these threads now, it's not even worth trying to explain any further :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo