Trial Discussion Thread #26 - 14.04.15, Day 23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a very young relationship, they had no commitments together as of yet, no children, not dependant on each other financially, no reason to stay if you didn't want to, and Reeva had been in a bad relationship before, so would have had some wisdom there. As to him not saying he loved her via a card or present, someone always has to say it first in a relationship, it doesn't mean it's not reciprocated..it's a scary thing to say..and on the issue of it being thoughtless that he didn't get a present etc, Oscar would not be the first man to underestimate the importance of these things to a lady.

Normally I would totally agree, but you forget the whatsapp message she had sent him... telling him she was ready to tell him how she felt, it was a headsup and he didn't "get it"...

Didn't realise cards were compulsory LOL

No-one is suggesting they are .. the point is that from the messages we've seen Reeva send, and now the message in the card she sent (together with the gift), indicates that this would've been a source of upset and a trigger for an argument. It matters not one jot whether you are bothered about Valentines Day/cards, etc, the point is that it quite clearly mattered to Reeva. And more to the point, no-one deserves to be shot four times through a toilet door, just because they like Valentine's Day and because they hoped their token of love would be reciprocated but which wasn't.

I find that 'LOL' at the end of your post rather inappropriate, too, in relation to what we are talking about here.

Hi folks. Can someone give me a summary of whats been said/going on since OP got off the stand please.

He is a liar. But somehow he loves RS because he RECEIVED a card from her. :D

A few things are confusing me

Didn't the Stipps have 2 balconies? And have they been making the tests from the ground as opposed to up on the actual balcony?

Even although the toilet light didn't work, doesn't mean the bathroom light wasn't on?

Nel was inferring the curtains had not been closed so the lighting would have been different than was tested by the current witness?

Not saying anything but wondering if anyone could shed light on wherever I'm wrong or what I've missed please?

Not sure but did he say the toilet light bulb was broken , if so they can blow at anytime.

It does feel like a massive coincidence that this incident should happen on the eve of valentine's day where one person had made an effort and the other has appeared not to.

This guy seems to be doing the ballistics, the bat, photos, in fact all the forensics for the scene so far. I thought he was a geologist.

By your definition then, teen dating violence, same-sex violence, and dating violence aren't genuine because those relationships also often don't share commitments, children,
a mortgage, and are often not financially dependent on one another. Its a fallacy though - violence occurs all the time in dating relationships - teen dating violence especially has been on the rise. And by violence, I mean all forms of abuse.

Why people stay when they don't 'have' to is incredibly convoluted. I can say with some confidence that emotional abuse can be notoriously difficult to see as actual abuse. People can spend weeks, months, even years walking on eggshells, trying to be perfect, wondering why their partner is always making abusive jokes, humiliating them, or is always angry with them (just a few examples) - while there are also occasional bright spots of manipulation that convince the victim their abuser is remorseful, loves them, or is really going to change. Because they do want their relationship to work, the bright spots keep them hoping, and staying.

MOO

Please pardon errors as posted via Tapatalk with a less than stellar user.

I grew up trapped between two people who were in a horrendously destructive, abusive and violent relationship, (and was subjected to emotional abuse myself ) so believe me I'm not ignorant about these scenarios at all. However, I simply disagree THAT THE EVIDENCE TENDERED IN THE CASE points to it being of the nature and magnitude that is being proposed here. Respectfully, I am allowed to do that. I understand why you think the way you do, I just don't agree. . Do I think it makes Oscar less guilty? I never said that, but it does mean the motive may not be as Mel is proposing, and that is important. If Nel had not thought it would damage his case he would have shared it freely himself, thinking objectively that speaks volumes that his version may not be truth either.

For me, it only focuses attention on his apparent failure to get her anything for Valentines Day.

not so much his failure... there was still the 14th day to come. and i believe her visit that night was unplanned.

imo what it showed was the lack of thought/planning that he had put into into it.

it looks like she had planned, organised and created a personal gift [frame with photos] and declared her love.

clearly the day meant an awful lot more to her than it did to him. incenduary moment in the early part of a relationship.

There does seem an awful lot of emphasis on the door by the DT.

This guy seems to be doing the ballistics, the bat, photos, in fact all the forensics for the scene so far. I thought he was a geologist.

Exactly, he said his knowledge of ballistics was theoretical not practical. Re the door, I've had enough already.

Where is his card to her?, or wasn't there one?.
I have been with my husband for 17 years (married for 10) and I do not have one valentines card..nor birthday card for that matter in all that time (
:tantrum: )I assure you, he does not abuse me. Really, I don't know why everyone is reading so much into the fact that he didn't have a card for her.

Loving the little nod he gives after he's finished answering the question

Hi folks. Can someone give me a summary of whats been said/going on since OP got off the stand please.

Roux called the next defence witness, Roger Dixon, expert in forensic geology, fibres, trace evidence as well as a wide range of other areas. He is not a wound ballistics expert but has applied his skills in such cases. He testified about the lighting (or lack of it) in pistorius' bedroom, did tests on bat and bullet sounds to argue they sound similar, took photos from the bathroom window to show what was visible from street, examined the toilet door to prove that the bat strikes came after the bullet entries, photographed scuff marks and two white fibres which came from Oscar when he tried to kick the door down (white fibres were from his socks)...then they took a lunch break.

Now who's the idiot walking over the crime scene for goodness sake? Could it of been the guy(s) who walked upstairs when OP called them and they came round? Sorry cant remember their names.

My late husband was a smart man. He always gave me Valentine, birthday, and anniversary cards and flowers.

MOO

Yes. What Nel might call "circumstantial evidence" One block of the tiny little State case wall is ..... toast :)

First do you have any answer as to why Reeva at 3:00 am chose not to turn on the only switch at the entrance of the passage to the bathroom that turned on all the lights in that area ie passage, bathroom, toilet and shower.She then went on to place her vanity bag on the bathtub, left her phone on the rug in front of the shower then entered the toilet with a broken light locked the door and took a pee in total darkness.OP testified that Reeva opened one sliding window in the bathroom, why would she undertake this meaningless exercise in total darkness?This is when OP came howling and screaming at the intruder to get out of his house.

If you have any logical explanation for her behavior, then we are in business.

I have been with my husband for 17 years (married for 10) and I do not have one valentines card..nor birthday card for that matter in all that time (
:tantrum: )I assure you, he does not abuse me. Really, I don't know why everyone is reading so much into the fact that he didn't have a card for her.

This was a reply to someone suggesting it backed up Oscars loving relationship claim, i didn't say a word about abuse.
My honest opinion is she was much more into him than vice versa, that is all.

This guy really is an all rounder. He's managing to squeeze into his testimony about his shoulder and now saying that the door was the target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie