Trial Discussion Thread #3 - 14.03.08-09, Weekend

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advocate Piet Pistorius, a criminal law practitioner, said if there are such discrepancies, the accused will get the chance to explain them when he testifies.

The court will then decide if there is a contradiction, says Pistorius.
The court looks at the accused’s explanation and assesses what weight the contradiction should bear, if there is a contradiction.

“Not all contradictions are equally important,” says Pistorius.

“A contradiction can have an effect on the determination of someone’s credibility.”
http://witness.co.za/index.php?showcontent&global[_id]=115541

BBM

"Cover-up mode"--well put possibly.
I wonder what you would call his previous mode?

2nd bold: That is shocking and damning. I am wondering about Mr Stander. Why didn't he call for an ambulance? if Oscar was doing CPR (or pretending to do it?), what was stopping Stander from calling?

Yes, why carry her down? Did he think he could get rid of the body?

If someone is mortally wounded, you should NOT pick them up but call ambulance. Definitely cover-up mode.

Also, if the head shot was first, Reeva would have crumbled to the floor, and there was a pause after first shot so to keep hitting her, OP would have had to completely change the angle of the next three shots. How would he even know to do that if door was closed.

Sorry there are so many posts from me today but I have now watched all the testimonies several times and they are fixed in my memory. It makes it much easier to confidently respond to posts asking questions with facts from the trial and eliminate guesswork or only give my impression.

I am wondering whether the occupiers in the house next to Pistorius's (the one the doctor testified had all the lights on) will be giving evidence. Did the PT say there were 5 neighbours who were going to testify? We have only heard 4 so far. Are they saving the best 'til last. If they are, they most likely will be the PT's most valuable witness/es and given the structure of the case, surely they will be appearing on Monday next. They must have heard a great deal. Does anyone know?

I cannot understand why it was so important for Oscar Pistorious to get up, walk to the balcony and bring in two fans at 3am!

However, from my reading I can predict that he is going to say that he uses the fans to ventilate his prosthetic legs. But why start to do that at 3am if as he claims that had gone to bed earlier? But ST claimed he did not ventilate his prosthetic legs when she was with him.

More than likely, the balcony doors leading off his bedroom were closed…no one leaves doors and windows open unless they have burglar bars on….if the bathroom fanlight window was open, it could only have been opened from the INSIDE as it was not forced open nor was there any broken glass around.

Also, how small would the intruder have to have been to fit into that small window?

If he was so paranoid about intruders, why did he leave the ladders there? Do we know how the ladders were found? Lying on the ground or up against the wall?

I cannot understand why it was so important for Oscar Pistorious to get up, walk to the balcony and bring in two fans at 3am!

However, from my reading I can predict that he is going to say that he uses the fans to ventilate his prosthetic legs. But why start to do that at 3am if as he claims that had gone to bed earlier? But ST claimed he did not ventilate his prosthetic legs when she was with him.

More than likely, the balcony doors leading off his bedroom were closed…no one leaves doors and windows open unless they have burglar bars on….if the bathroom fanlight window was open, it could only have been opened from the INSIDE as it was not forced open nor was there any broken glass around.

Also, how small would the intruder have to have been to fit into that small window?

If he was so paranoid about intruders, why did he leave the ladders there? Do we know how the ladders were found? Lying on the ground or up against the wall?

I think several of the witness have testified they had their windows and doors open, certainly the doctor did, as did van der Merwe. That estate is deemed to be supersafe and residents seem more than happy to not go into "lock down" mode at night.

Apparently the ladders were not long enough to reach the window so that theory has already been shot down. This was published months ago but I cannot recall by whom. Also, he had fierce looking guard dogs. One would have thought they would have made a noise if someone was in the garden. I read they roamed free and were not in a kennel. There is so much evidence that his story is a complete fabrication, that I struggle to see how Roux will be able to defend OP effectively.

During yesterday's court session, Roux was constantly fiddling with what looks liked an earphone with dangling wires. Does he suffer from deafness or is this some sort of audio system available to him in court?

Attachments

• Capture 2.JPG
    Capture 2.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 4
and if Oscar wasn't in 'deep terror ' about an intruder.. he is going to that bathroom loaded up with lethal weaponry for one reason, and one reason only, and it isn't terror provoked by an intruder.

If this was such an impulsive act when he was full of rage, how was he capable of concocting a story that so many believe in the minutes he had later before Dr Stipp arrived?

Respectfully snipped for space.

I think there may be something funky about the timeline that I bolded in red. I know Roux and Stipp went around & around about these calls today so it seems that somebody is confused. Stipp seemed surprised by the 3:27am time too. I wonder if somebody is mixing up the calls. Not saying it's intentional, just somehow mixed up.

If you go back and listen to today's testimony, at 3:28am Mr. Stander calls Netcare and puts Dr. Stipp on the phone to describe Reeva's injuries to dispatch. Prior to this happening, Dr. Stipp was inside the house examining Reeva. Surely that must have taken at least a few minutes. So how can it be that Stipp reaches security at 3:27am from his house, they come to his house & speak with him on his balcony, he then goes to Oscar's house, examines Reeva and ONE MINUTE later is outside with Stander on the phone to Netcare? That's physically impossible.

I need to go back and listen again, this is bugging me.

Maybe the 3:27 call was an accidental call (butt-dialed). I agree it is hard to make sense of this

If this was such an impulsive act when he was full of rage, how was he capable of concocting a story that so many believe in the minutes he had later before Dr Skipp arrived?

JMO but I think his rage turned to fear when he realized what he'd done. Everything that followed was about protecting himself from the law and his reputation. MOO of course

Which side of the bed OP usually slept on & which side he slept on the night Reeva was killed has been one THE most confusing aspects of this case.

According to his attorneys, OP usually slept on the right side of the bed (closest to the balcony doors). But on the night of Feb. 13/14 he slept on the left side (his legal team claim he did so due to a shoulder injury).

However, Reeva's personal belongings (overnight bag, slippers) were found on the left side of the bed, as well as OP's gun holster (the side his attorneys said OP slept on Feb. 13/14).

Have to say, I've never heard of anyone changing sides of the bed which they sleep on unless maybe a limb was broken so one would have better access to the bathroom or something...Most people, I think, would make adustments on their side of the bed for a shoulder injury.

In my experience, which side of the bed you sleep on is more of a personal claim which is established at the beginning of a relationship and never changes.

JMO but I think his rage turned to fear when he realized what he'd done. Everything that followed was about protecting himself from the law and his reputation. MOO of course

First thing OP said was "I accidentally shot her"........NOT "Help her help her is ambulance coming"........was only thinking of himself.

And the easiest "story" would be: "I thought she was an intruder".....a real NO brainer....imo.

Have to say, I've never heard of anyone changing sides of the bed which they sleep on unless maybe a limb was broken so one would have better access to the bathroom or something...Most people, I think, would make adustments on their side of the bed for a shoulder injury.

In my experience, which side of the bed you sleep on is more of a personal claim which is established at the beginning of a relationship and never changes.

I don't see why he had to change the side of the bed at all. All he needed to do was to roll over onto his other side. I find the whole changing sides story suspect. I hope Nel tackles him about that.

The DT claim they have photos of OP with strapping to this shoulder. Maybe when he was taken to the police station there was strapping and they took a photo. Roux says that he had it on the previous day too.

In my experience (I suffer from a very painful neck/shoulder syndrome - no sympathy needed LOL) I find it more comfortable to actually sleep on that side but perhaps I am a little odd. We need a physiotherapist to explain the situation.

A thousand things up for consideration, but I think little matters until the state can resolve the two sets of sounds Dr. Stipp heard. In my mind that is clear reasonable doubt, unless adequately explained.

I think the side of the bed issue is important. I'm anxious to hear the evidence about that and whether Oscar's account is believable or not

Also, if the head shot was first, Reeva would have crumbled to the floor, and there was a pause after first shot so to keep hitting her, OP would have had to completely change the angle of the next three shots. How would he even know to do that if door was closed.

Exactly!

:seeya: Shady!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members