Trial Discussion Thread #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If OP "knew" Reeva was in the bed, he had many other options to protect both of them. Why didn't he call 911/security before grabbing his gun, instead of telling Reeva to? If he talked softly, why did OP assume she heard him, or could find her phone in the dark? Wouldn't she say I heard it too and stop him from leaving with the gun and the safety of fleeing unharmed? Why didn't he think there were more than 1 intruder that could harm him and leave Reeva in more danger? But was more concerned about a rickochet bullet(sp?) hitting him. He's a :liar:

Those are all valid points, points I have made to some degree or another in previously posts. Again I have never stated that Oscar behaved reasonably.

I'd have to side with tip here viper.
Although his whole attitude and ethos is "I don't have a disability" in the terms that most of us understand it - and its a great and admirable quality - having both feet or lower legs is absolutely a disability and here in the UK he would be entitled to (and very likely would!!) claim state disability benefits.

I'm not so sure about that, TD .. the eligibility tests for disability benefits in the UK (incapacity benefit, disability living allowance, etc), as far as I'm aware, are dependent on the person having restricted mobility, which OP doesn't have when he has his p.legs on. He can walk (and doesn't get out of puff while walking, due to any other health conditions such as a heart probs), he can run, he can drive, he can wash/dress himself, use the toilet himself, etc <<-- you have to be unable to do quite a few of those things in order to qualify, and seeing as he leads a perfectly normal life with his p.legs, I very much doubt that he would.

The sixth week of the Oscar Pistorius murder trial finally saw the introduction of the physical presence of a group previously most visible on the internet - the Paralympian's earnest, God-fearing supporters.

Dressed in badly designed white T-shirts, the motley crew rocked up bearing placards and white balloons scrawled with messages encouraging Pistorius not to give up, telling him that he was not alone, and declaring that God would see him through.

On Monday they arrived outside the court where they prayed for "both families" and for peace, love, understanding and non-judgmental media coverage.

As the object of their adoration stepped out of the vehicle that brought him to court he seemed overwhelmed by the tannies who ran up to him, held his hand, told him they were with him and released their white balloons, on their journey to the heavens where one assumes God was supposed to collect them and rain blessings on all concerned.

A few of them sat in court for the day, quietly biting their lips as the Blade Runner suffered further interrogation by the villainous Gerrie Nel - cast in their eyes not as a prosecutor doing his job but rather an inquisitor sent by the devil to test their young martyr's faith and humanity.

In other rows of the public gallery sat a different kind of supporter - mostly dew-eyed teenage girls who teared up at the sight of their idol's emotional reaction to incessant assertions by Nel that he was covering something up.

By the next day the group outside court had thinned but their Facebook group showed increased activity, with pictures of Pistorius accompanied by inspirational messages written in the font reserved for those all-too-prevalent "footsteps in the sand" posters.

The relief that Pistorius and his family felt after he finished his testimony was magnified on the internet as supporters from Borneo to Ireland congratulated him for withstanding the pressure of interrogation. He, like Jesus, had passed his test by the devil in the desert.

In interviews the supporters claimed that while they had appeared in public to support Pistorius, their thoughts were also with the Steenkamp family - although their Facebook posts show no mention of them or pictures of Reeva - and that their main purpose was to ask for peace and understanding and for everyone to stop being cruel and judgmental.

Good men don't do bad things but sometimes bad things happen to good men, they would have you believe.

In fairness they represented a face of support far less aggressive and confrontational than that of the mostly female "Pistorians", the Twitter supporters whose high-school-mean-girls demeanour and willingness to lay into Steenkamp's character made them unpopular with the media and led to Pistorius's family officially distancing themselves from the group in the months leading up to the trial.

This peace-loving group whose main weapons are Bibles and devotional memorabilia seem to have attached themselves to the athlete not just because they believe that he is a hero and a "good human being", but also because he is a Christian. So this is another fight in the war waged by the faithful against the disdain and incredulity of everyone else.

Their mission, according to their Facebook page, is to collectively pray that Pistorius does not go to jail and they promise that on May 5, when the trial resumes, we can expect to see them outside the court in bigger numbers. If the court doesn't save Oscar, then perhaps the rapture will.

http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/2014/04/21/god-help-you-blade-runner

'Scuse me.. feeling a big wobbly myself , now..

Has anyone seen this video? It is of OP and S. Taylor in Seychelles. ....

Very interesting. Two things I noticed: 1) Sam Taylor hardly said a word, not a teasing word or any overt reaction to anything OP said. She just stood quietly with a pleasant look on her face, which is likely the best way to keep from being yelled at by OP ... 2) OP's happy talk about the summer Olympics didn't include any mention of his instant, much-publicized "He cheated" reaction to losing the 200m race to a Brazilian. This video looks like a public relations stunt to me to mend his image.

During another interview OP had said that he was very afraid of heights and that was why he was going for his pilots license. To try and get over that fear. Didn't look to me like he was very afraid of heights at all in that helicopter. Both of my daughters, my brother and my mom are very afraid of heights. All 4 of them would have been in the middle seat, hanging on for dear life and begging for the ride to be over.

MOO

I've flown over Mt Robson in the Canadian Rockies (as a passenger) in a helicopter. Loved it.

If OP got his PPL, I think Pretoria would need to be declared a 'no flight zone'.

Hi everyone, I've been lurking for a few weeks but promised myself I wouldn't get involved as i'm pretty busy. However, I was reading the extensive debate about time lines and then felt the need to add my two cents, like you do.

~post snipped to save space ~

Thanks for your detailed post, Jake .. really useful information and I have bookmarked it for reference :thumb:

I'm not so sure about that, TD .. the eligibility tests for disability benefits in the UK (incapacity benefit, disability living allowance, etc), as far as I'm aware, are dependent on the person having restricted mobility, which OP doesn't have when he has his p.legs on. He can walk (and doesn't get out of puff while walking, due to any other health conditions such as a heart probs), he can run, he can drive, he can wash/dress himself, use the toilet himself, etc <<-- you have to be unable to do quite a few of those things in order to qualify, and seeing as he leads a perfectly normal life with his p.legs, I very much doubt that he would.
BBM - can't see that he'd be eligible for anything here in the UK apart from a mobility scooter, maybe. The disability has to interfere with his daily life, and for OP, he does more than a lot of able-bodied people. Even if he was eligible for benefits, ATOS would soon put an end to that. They did after all find someone in a coma 'fit for work'! So I don't think he'd be classed as disabled enough in the UK to get much of anything. He's far too able, even without legs.

I've seen some articles about OP and him being "the man with no legs". He has legs, is able to walk on those legs. He has no ankles or feet. I don't understand the need to make him appear to be more disabled than he really is. :shrug:

MOO

The sixth week of the Oscar Pistorius murder trial finally saw the introduction of the physical presence of a group previously most visible on the internet - the Paralympian's earnest, God-fearing supporters.

Dressed in badly designed white T-shirts, the motley crew rocked up bearing placards and white balloons scrawled with messages encouraging Pistorius not to give up, telling him that he was not alone, and declaring that God would see him through.

On Monday they arrived outside the court where they prayed for "both families" and for peace, love, understanding and non-judgmental media coverage.

As the object of their adoration stepped out of the vehicle that brought him to court he seemed overwhelmed by the tannies who ran up to him, held his hand, told him they were with him and released their white balloons, on their journey to the heavens where one assumes God was supposed to collect them and rain blessings on all concerned.

A few of them sat in court for the day, quietly biting their lips as the Blade Runner suffered further interrogation by the villainous Gerrie Nel - cast in their eyes not as a prosecutor doing his job but rather an inquisitor sent by the devil to test their young martyr's faith and humanity.

In other rows of the public gallery sat a different kind of supporter - mostly dew-eyed teenage girls who teared up at the sight of their idol's emotional reaction to incessant assertions by Nel that he was covering something up.

By the next day the group outside court had thinned but their Facebook group showed increased activity, with pictures of Pistorius accompanied by inspirational messages written in the font reserved for those all-too-prevalent "footsteps in the sand" posters.

The relief that Pistorius and his family felt after he finished his testimony was magnified on the internet as supporters from Borneo to Ireland congratulated him for withstanding the pressure of interrogation. He, like Jesus, had passed his test by the devil in the desert.

In interviews the supporters claimed that while they had appeared in public to support Pistorius, their thoughts were also with the Steenkamp family - although their Facebook posts show no mention of them or pictures of Reeva - and that their main purpose was to ask for peace and understanding and for everyone to stop being cruel and judgmental.

Good men don't do bad things but sometimes bad things happen to good men, they would have you believe.

In fairness they represented a face of support far less aggressive and confrontational than that of the mostly female "Pistorians", the Twitter supporters whose high-school-mean-girls demeanour and willingness to lay into Steenkamp's character made them unpopular with the media and led to Pistorius's family officially distancing themselves from the group in the months leading up to the trial.

This peace-loving group whose main weapons are Bibles and devotional memorabilia seem to have attached themselves to the athlete not just because they believe that he is a hero and a "good human being", but also because he is a Christian. So this is another fight in the war waged by the faithful against the disdain and incredulity of everyone else.

Their mission, according to their Facebook page, is to collectively pray that Pistorius does not go to jail and they promise that on May 5, when the trial resumes, we can expect to see them outside the court in bigger numbers. If the court doesn't save Oscar, then perhaps the rapture will.

http://www.timeslive.co.za/local/2014/04/21/god-help-you-blade-runner

'Scuse me.. feeling a big wobbly myself , now..

Pass a bucket please.

Wonder the age of these dew- eyed teens are. No doubt beiber fans too.:puke:

So are you saying they're watching us?

They should be.

I was on a different forum during the Casey Anthony case and I was sure that the DT was not only watching us, they were floating theories to us to see how we reacted to them.

We heard the defense case and had thoroughly discussed it before the world did.

Does anyone remember who posted the photo/ attachment this weekend with the 3 columns to the effect of 'What Oscar says, Something else...& What we know happened'??

If so thank you!

June hasn't testified but she has spoken to the media about the exchange...I don't remember the mafia being mentioned, but she did threaten him.

Only Oscar is left to know what really happened but its my experience people who are in fact abusive mostly feign being out of control - they use their anger to intimidate, in order to control. Abuse is all about control, establishing it and maintaining it. It fits with what we see when police respond to IPV incidents and again when victims have to confront their abusers in family court. The abuser is likely to appear calm and collected and the victim an unstable mess.
Many victims have lost their children to an abuser as a result of this dynamic. Lundy Bancroft is a great resource for understanding this further, if one is so inclined.

Absolutely right from my own experience, what I have researched and what I know of other victims' experiences, too. They can switch behaviour according to the situation and who they need to manipulate, be it the police (to make them think they are the innocent one and that it's all the victim's fault), their mother (to make them feel sorry for them, and that it's all the victim's fault), and then of course the victim themselves who they are manipulating in all sorts of ways (to make the victim fearful of them by doing or saying things which will scare them or let them know what they are capable of <<-- they don't even have to lay a finger on their victim, necessarily, at least not to start off with anyway .. plus also confusing their victim until they don't know which way is up, not to mention all the other things too numerous to list). The 'out of control'ness can manifest in all sorts of ways (in my case, he was a supposedly out of control alcoholic) but they aren't out of control at all, quite the opposite in fact and it's really quite astonishing and frightening just how in control of everything they actually are. That's until it all catches up with them, of course, and they get caught out .. just like my ex did after he smashed my house up and I had him arrested (and then not long after he ended up killing himself because he couldn't hack the fact that he was no longer in control), and just like OP now has been caught out.

They should be.

I was on a different forum during the Casey Anthony case and I was sure that the DT was not only watching us, they were floating theories to us to see how we reacted to them.

One of the missing person cases that I follow here is also followed by reporters and detectives in the case. A couple of the reporters identified themselves and thanked us for ideas.

I spotted an article recently, though, that said "TV 8 has uncovered..." and it was a report about some heavy cyber research that they scammed from Websleuths. Fortunately I was able to at least give credit to WS in the comment section.

Interesting case that came out in SA last week on putative self defence and culpable homicide:

http://www.saflii.org/za/cases/ZASCA/2014/52.pdf

In this case the accused was initially convicted of murder, despite his claim of putative self defense. The appeals court overturned the conviction and convicted him instead of culpable homicide because the accused shot 3 times when 1 shot would have been enough to stop what he perceived to be an attack.

They should be.

Baez called your secret forum and told you Caley drowned in a pool, before he told the moronic jury?? Wowzer yer so lucky. I bet you believed him.IMO

Does anyone remember who posted the photo/ attachment this weekend with the 3 columns to the effect of 'What Oscar says, Something else...& What we know happened'??

If so thank you!

Crasshopper, being a physician, can you shed some light on the arterial spray and what that means in terms of the timing of events?

Sorry if you have already spoken about this. I have not read all posts.

Interesting case that came out in SA last week on putative self defence and culpable homicide:

http://www.saflii.org/za/cases/ZASCA/2014/52.pdf

In this case the accused was initially convicted of murder, despite his claim of putative self defense. The appeals court overturned the conviction and convicted him instead of culpable homicide because the accused shot 3 times when 1 shot would have been enough to stop what he perceived to be an attack.

Minor, can you give us the name of the accused in that case please. My computer is not letting me look at the link you posted. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member