Trial Discussion Thread #35 - 14.05.08 Day 28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's worked everywhere from Wiesbaden to Washington to Kosova.

Okay. I'm convinced.

Why is a ballistics expert talking about visiting an NRA seminar as if that qualifies him in anything?

This guy sounds fairly old. Does anyone know how old?

What is he trying to prove with reciting his CV? Surely just a general outline would be good enough.

Now he is listing all the manufacturers he has visited in the course of his studies!

Enough already. We get it. He's an expert.

I know one thing - I bet we won't hear him using Nel's 'bangshot' terminology.

Agrees with largely with state evid re OP not on prosthesis, and distance from door when shooting, but has some additional comments.

Is this where Frank gets thrown under the bus?:scared:

He first visited crime scene Feb 17th. Stander gave him key.

He wore protective clothing and took photos.

Confirmed witness photo;

commando2.jpg

I don't think anyone will say he's not qualified. His CV is impressive. It will be interesting issues that relate to how Pistorius was holding the gun - in the wimpy sort of non-way he describes or with more control shall we say.

Well, for once it sounds like we're going to have a witness who is thorough and maybe won't leave important questions to our speculation and imaginations

W: Someone else arrived, a Mr S? Fingerprint expert.

W: The door had allegedly been removed by police.

Says he removed a fragment of a bullet from the toilet bowl.

So, what is this guy going to say? That the Baby Glock OP shot off in a restaurant went off by itself (a virgin firing)? That OP discharged the firearm in a pretty tight grouping, considering he was scared shirtless? And as for his voice, 1. he is destroying the English language like Roman Marone in "Johnny Dangerously" and 2. he's resonating in the bones inside my ears and he's friggin putting me to sleep. 3. He is virtually unintelligible. 4. He's got an awfully high burn factor.

Here's what Cape Town Crim posted earlier about Wollie:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Trial Discussion Thread #31

"Wollie Wolmarans is an ex-policeman, now an 'independent' ballistics expert. He is the 'go to guy' for any DT in any proceedings with firearm related offenses.
Before this case, he was better known as the 'ballistician' who tried to convince the Cape Town High court that defendant Michael Jackson (I kid you not re: the name) was not the shooter in the murder of a street kid a few years back.

I've just found this for you to read through.

Jannie vd Westhuizen dabbles in blood spatter.

http://citizen.co.za/163713/oscar-ba...s-expert-next/

It does seem however that Wollie has played the part of 'team leader', managing and taking charge of all the DT's experts.

Dixon did not set a man (who already struggles with English) up very well for taking the stand next IMHO.

He is the DT's Vermeulen. "

Yeah, we're to 2013... I almost missed it!

DARN! Feed lost...can someone put up alternates working please as both whoop whoop are down. Transient Achemic Attack!

The woman was Estelle Peterson from CSI I think (fingerprint expert).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz