Trial Discussion Thread #35 - 14.05.08 Day 28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't got it to hand, I am afraid. I assumed it would be on the link I have already posted but it may be it is their TV program. I will see what I can find.

http://whoopwhoop.tv/pistoriusradio.htm

Wow, that's even better than the video, which can get damned boring at times. Problem is I need to use Windows' Magnifier to see anything that's going on in the Chat Board. I sent a short message, but I doubt I'll be conscious by the time the show you're referring to is on. It's after 0330 and I'm surprised I'm still awake. :scared:

Mr W is hard of hearing. And he is not being televised.

I am in love with his deep voice. Don't care what he looks like.

Oh, order just rescinded. There he is.

Mr W says he is Afrikaans speaking but he thinks they 'can't handle the technology' so asks if intrepreters can just help out if necessary.

Judge agrees that's okay.

Roux talking about disputes over OP being on legs or not.

Wow, that's even better than the video, which can get damned boring at times. Problem is I need to use Windows' Magnifier to see anything that's going on in the Chat Board. I sent a short message, but I doubt I'll be conscious by the time the show you're referring to is on. It's after 0330 and I'm surprised I'm still awake. :scared:

When there is a break in proceedings WhoopWhoop discuss whatever is salient but they go straight back to court when it returns. After today's proceedings there is about 3 hours of discussion and it is always very interesting. Later in the evening there is the legal round table which is repeated the next day on their radio program. Whether it is in its entirety I am unsure.

I tend not to watch the tv program for the same reasons as you but for me it is 11pm and even then I am ready to sleep.

Agrees with largely with state evid re OP not on prosthesis, and distance from door when shooting, but has some additional comments.

R going through his CV as ballistic expert.

from 1965 he did military service, then joined police and got firearms training, then confiscated firearms sections, until 76.....

(I wonder if all the gunfire has damaged his hearing? I think it may be likely).

CL says she has been registered since 1979 and Nel deftly points out she has only mentioned one episode of unusually slow gastric emptying in all that time.

Witness explains she didn't think it necessary to mention other incidents.

Witness did not know 250ml of food was in Reeva's stomach! 'I did not know the contents had been measured....That's a lot of food.'

!!!!

absolutely!!!
she is talking about stomach contents - her expertise, but didn't read the bit that quantified the amount of food in the stomach*.

and yet has been happy to entertain time of meal, content - chicken stir fry, sleep, and yoga... all of which are op evidence only.

*200ml iirc

Still going thru details of his CV....it's a little tedious. I don't think I've heard anything specific to ballistic studies yet.

He did fingerprint training though. 'I've never been trained for crime scenes. I studied 10 fingerprints'

!!!????

I'm not sure the PT made that specific inference. I understood the point to simply be that it could be due to anxiety/arguments, something that OP denied happening.

You could then reason it's possible that OP and RS ate at a later time but earlier than the ~2 hours indicated by the pathologist and that the gastric emptying was then affected by anxiety or stress.

IMO the inference is a given from the data as I calculate it using DT's case, not that the PT gave that inference.

And yes, agreed, my comment should have better said, "going on OP's version of timing of the last meal", as it certainly could be argued OP and RS ate later than he claims, but for gastric emptying to have time to be actually "delayed" and not take place "normally" it must have started, i.e. they ate, and going with Saayman's 2-3 hours, between 10:00-11:00, so that if my calcs are correct that is still over 3 hours arguing which imo is still a long time for a 3 month relationship.

But that is in a way my point. I think the PT's "anxiety" argument is counter productive because by arguing such a delay would be possible due to anxiety they are tantamount leaving OP's version of time of eating as possibly true, when imo, and I of course may be wrong, Nel could have better refuted the witness by simply say to the witness that the State contests OP's claim of eating at 8:00, i.e. that the PT has seen no proof of OP's claim she ate at 8:00 except OP's claim and that Saayman's testimony refutes it rather than argue around many hours of delayed gastric emptying and therefore many hours of arguing for there to be anxiety. JMHO even if not sure I have explained my reasoning well.

Or maybe I missed something ?

David Dadic just tweeted "Now ladies and gentleman, this is an effing expert!"

Has experinces with AK47s.

Ha. Has given evidence on tool marks, id of ammo, ballistics internal/external etc etc....whole list. Specific to firearms/firing and marks. All areas of ballistics.....and now he's speaking German!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karen Simmons Guinn