Trial Discussion Thread #35 - 14.05.08 Day 28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Botha was handed the bullet fragment.

W: It was a fragment...this was a piece of the core, the inside.

R: How did you recover that?

W: By putting a glove on and putting my hand in the toilet.

R: Did you recover anything else?

W: Yes, a small piece of tile.

W: At my request, a piece of wood...

Whoop just came back on with unknown sounds and drowned everything out for me on the other feed I have open. Darn.

Well, for once it sounds like we're going to have a witness who is thorough and maybe won't leave important questions to our speculation and imaginations

I wouldn't be too sure of that. Mangena has a far better reputation. Wolmarans has been left wanting in recent cases. I read about them yesterday but didn't think to make a note of the urls. Duh!

I suspect he is going to struggle at times. He is also verbose and uses far too much unnecessary language.

I wouldn't be too sure of that. Mangena has a far better reputation. Wolmarans has been left wanting in recent cases. I read about them yesterday but didn't think to make a note of the urls. Duh!

I suspect he is going to struggle at times. He is also verbose and uses far too much unnecessary language.

We'll see ....

Waiting for Nel to ask Wollie about his credentials re "sounds". And whether he brought to court the cricket bat Dixon testified to giving him after the bat-banging sound test. And whether he agreed with OP that black talons are "the type of ammunition used with my firearm."

W: The wooden door was rehung (he goes on to list police officers present)....we also visited the forensic lab to examine materials collected from the crime scene (bat etc).

He is listing all the things/times he examined and who was there, but is not saying what (if anything) he concluded.

Lunch.

This guy sounds fairly old. Does anyone know how old?

What is he trying to prove with reciting his CV? Surely just a general outline would be good enough.

He looks about 58 with a full head of white hair, not the visual feast as reported but a nice big man IMO.

That witness repeated a couple of times how police were 'alleged' to have 'apparently' removed the bathroom door. Is there some kind of suspicion someone else did it then?

Thanks to all who keep reminding of whoopwhoop coverage during breaks. I forget each time !! Please keep it up ... every day......... every break.... every single break......... :) Well that may be too much to ask.

Yeah, we're to 2013... I almost missed it!

DARN! Feed lost...can someone put up alternates working please as both whoop whoop are down. Transient Ischemic Attack!

This link has worked for me since the trial started. Except for the friend with mental illness promo before the live video comes on, it's an almost flawless feed.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor.../Watch-live-Oscar-Pistorius-murder-trial.html

BTW. you do know a TIA is also called a mini-stroke, right? :p

Oh no, my listening computer is updating. It's promised it will only take 14 mins. Hope it's not lying.

all feeds have crashed for me. Are they at lunch?

Yellow Card for redundancy -- "verbose" MEANS "uses far too many words." :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz