Trial Discussion Thread #36 - 14.05.09 Day 29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm jealous! It's so far for bands to come to Australia that we don't get nearly as many. Would have been amazing growing up in NYC!

One of the reasons I'm glad I don't have twitter. I'm sure I ended saying something I'd regret for some reason or other. I'll leave that for here. :)

Woolie suffers tinnitus from being around so much shooting. I feel for him. I have it from too many loud concerts. Ringing in the ears is not fun!

My son is a professional musician and my partner / husband used to play in the states for many years with the Coasters . I agree with you we do not have enough live music here.

one thing that comes across clearly, and without ambiguity. is the sound test the defence did was a complete furphy, everything went wrong. the gun jammed , every time, the cricket bat re guns couldn't get up to decibel level, and all up, for sure it isn't gonna be played in court. the only thing left is the scream test that Roux promised he did with Oscar ,and that test would prove, Roux promised , that Oscar can and does scream like a woman.

its on the record, Roux has to produce it.

I wonder if the screaming he was referring to was the crying/wailing we've heard because that's not what we want to hear. We want the blood curdling scream where his voice goes higher and lower, not to mention intermingled. This can't reasonably possibly be true.

We have Miley Cirus 'performing' tomorrow night here......ain't we lucky?
:please::facepalm:

I hear she's got a new stage name so she doesn't sound like she appeals to little kids anymore: Hannah on a Banana.

He did a scream test with Oscar? Did he have to grab his nuts to get him to reach the kind of high note he would have had to in order to sound like Reeva, who was really the one who screamed for her life?

Roux put it as part of his x-exam of a witness, I forget who but he shouted he had it, he did it, it proved that Oscar can scream etc. so . having said that, Masipa will expect him to produce it. thems the rules!.

I wonder if the screaming he was referring to was the crying/wailing we've heard because that's not what we want to hear. We want the blood curdling scream where his voice goes higher and lower, not to mention intermingled. This can't reasonably possibly be true.

yes , we want the kind of scream that drives ordinary people from their beds in the middle of the night and dial security. blood curdling, pain filled, terrified , terrified, as the ear witnesses attested to.

I hope this hasn't started again, as I have total silence here.

A friend tells me that when the court breaks there's a hasty, barely restrained stampede for coffee and smokes by the press.

He also says when the court is full, people will come in and stand against the wall to listen. There are always a few plain clothes policeman standing against the wall. The court is not that full today. Air cons are quiet. Not too hot or cold. Smells faintly like a church.

A church? What does a church smell like?

A journo at the trial CassandrajWard has said a Police warrant officer has been observing Oscar all morning and is "writing furiously into his notebook. 11 pages worth so far"

She says its very curious why they are doing this.

WOW, 11 pages!!!

Just reading, I thought it might be me having trouble following. Kept asking myself, what's his point for the defense. Waiting for Nel

Something's 'happening around the door' whoop just said?

Surely Shirleys you'd think Nel will point out the 'bat' versus 'gunshot' sound tests were done in completely different circumtances to the sounds heard by the witnesses - indoors vs out for starters. So I still don't see the point in them - yeah, they can sound similar on a recording but it's not a true representation of the conditions on the night of the shooting.

I think the fact that the two sounds are similar fits Nel's argument. Nel really made a point of telling Dixon several times that Nel was not challenging his evidence that the two sounds are similar, but Dixon's integrity.

He's confirmed many things that we've heard from previous ballistics testimonies.

We know that Reeva couldn't possibly have been sitting on the toilet, which would have relied on differing ballistics evidence.

At present the mark on Reeva's back is certainly being brought into question regarding Mangena's testimony.

Thank you Steve. I couldn't really follow! So has he won any points for the defence here?

yes , we want the kind of scream that drives ordinary people from their beds in the middle of the night and dial security. blood curdling, pain filled, terrified , terrified, as the ear witnesses attested to.

If 75,000 people at a Seahawks game only get up to 137.5 db., I wonder how Oscar Pistorius could out-shout a 9mm bullet at 140db. Someone would have to be tugging on a very sensitive part for him to get anywhere close to 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notaryroute