Trial Discussion Thread #36 - 14.05.09 Day 29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Woolie suffers tinnitus from being around so much shooting. I feel for him. I have it from too many loud concerts. Ringing in the ears is not fun!

Now onto leg tests. Roux asks witness if he made sure that was the leg OP was wearing that night, when he cut a piece for testing?

W: That's what he told me.

Roux down, Nel up. Nel wants five mins adjournment.

I'm more mixed up than OP's tale listening to this witness. Why is Roux treating his witness like this?

The purpose of an expert is to assist the court. Not to testify for the defense or for the prosecution.

So, in theory, this means that an expert must give all information he gathers to the court. No matter who is paying. Wolmarans is giving his expert testimony. Without prejudice. Honestly. His peers, and everyone who's worked with him, confirm Wollie has a lot of integrity. And he is very experienced. Those two things, honesty and experience, give him a certain cachet, not only nationally in South Africa, but also internationally. (Yes, his English is horrible. His grammar. The way he speaks is boring. But that does not mean he's stupid.)

I'm starting to wonder if the delay was because the defense was looking for someone else to present Wolmarans' testimony in court. Someone like Dixon who was perhaps prepared to put the evidence in a more positive light for the defense.

Nel jumped up. He looks more than ready to take this cross on...lol

Wools reminds me of Captain Kangaroo. They look very similiar but don't sound alike at all.

I was thinking the same thing but said nothing because I figured I'd be the only one who knew who he was!

cptkang2.jpg

Woolie suffers tinnitus from being around so much shooting. I feel for him. I have it from too many loud concerts. Ringing in the ears is not fun!

Me too. Wasn't easy growing up at The Fillmore East, Madison Square Garden, and the Wollman Rink. Way too many concerts.

.. phew .. thank goodness for that .. I'm off for a cup of tea and a couple of paracetamol ..

So the scream test of him screaming that OP admitted to Nel was done seemingly won't be admitted in evidence.

Me too. Wasn't easy growing up at The Fillmore East, Madison Square Garden, and the Wollman Rink. Way too many concerts.

I'm jealous! It's so far for bands to come to Australia that we don't get nearly as many. Would have been amazing growing up in NYC!

Surreal.

Random1: Some on Twitter are suggesting that Dixon should ask the social worker for a date.

Random 2: Others are fearful Wollie may croak on the stand.
One of the reasons I'm glad I don't have twitter. I'm sure I ended saying something I'd regret for some reason or other. I'll leave that for here. :)

the only thing I got out of that gobbledegook was. Woll and Mangeen disagree re bullet B and C. unfortunately. Woll has the last shot as the head shot, which drove Roux into foaming mouthed hissing. but then, Mangeena himself said it is too difficult to place the sequence of a ricocheting bullet..

I think he's in very poor physical health and suffers from a mild loss of cognitive functioning.

Yes - that's the correct way of putting it. He seems to have deficits in his executive functioning, particularly his ability to change set. I suspect that when he does his work in his own time and in his own way, he can get by OK. However, his ability to think on his feet appears impaired. I think that resorting to reading his notes is his way of coping, though pretty tedious to listen to. I'm a visual person, as opposed to being an auditory person, so his reading just comes across to me as "blah, blah .. blah, blah, blah". I really have no idea what he was saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member