Trial Discussion Thread #37 - 14.05.12 Day 30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My sound cut out a few times, but the only crime incident invovling OP that I heard Dr. Vorster describe was a burglary wherever it was he was living at the time and his not being there when it occurred. Still no verifiable evidence presented that OP was ever the victim of a crime, much less a home invasion.

What an epic own goal, defence psychiatrist just took this to dolus eventualis.

100% - although Nel had already done that with OP on the stand.

I don't think Nel believes this was rage, it is just that by going that far with the charges, his fall back is still a murder conviction, not CH.
The guy is living up to his reputation and it is remarkable to watch him in action.

I found this:

Section 77 requires that the defendant be tested for fitness to stand trial' (competence), and section 78 directs that the assessment consider whether the mental illness or disability interferes with the defendant's appreciation of wrongfulness, or his ability to act in accordance with such an appreciation. It is an interesting anomaly in that the question of criminal responsibility is assumed to be juridical (in that only the court can decide this) but the Act requires psychiatrists to comment on this.

If a defendant is not competent to stand trial and /or lacks criminal responsibility the charges are withdrawn and he is referred to a state psychiatric hospital for indefinite hospitalization under section 28 of the Mental Health Act (whereupon he becomes known as a 'state patient').

http://bama.ua.edu/~jhooper/southaf.html

Which is why he will not go.
Nel is just beating OP up because he can! He has chewed up and spat out his DT witnesses one by one.

I found this:

Section 77 requires that the defendant be tested for fitness to stand trial' (competence), and section 78 directs that the assessment consider whether the mental illness or disability interferes with the defendant's appreciation of wrongfulness, or his ability to act in accordance with such an appreciation. It is an interesting anomaly in that the question of criminal responsibility is assumed to be juridical (in that only the court can decide this) but the Act requires psychiatrists to comment on this.

If a defendant is not competent to stand trial and /or lacks criminal responsibility the charges are withdrawn and he is referred to a state psychiatric hospital for indefinite hospitalization under section 28 of the Mental Health Act (whereupon he becomes known as a 'state patient').

http://bama.ua.edu/~jhooper/southaf.html
But remember he will be examined by a state appointed psychologist or psychiatrist and if he's as full of BS as most people think, then ... sane, adult man who knew right from wrong and still did what he did.

Liked the earlier comment about bail too and his Uncle's arsenals of guns - either they or OP may have to go.

My sound cut out a few times, but the only crime incident invovling OP that I heard Dr. Vorster describe was a burglary wherever it was he was living at the time and his not being there when it occurred. Still no verifiable evidence presented that OP was ever the victim of a crime, much less a home invasion.

If I recall OP said he didn't report it due to not having insurance and not having faith in the police.

i am wondering if Nel is taking it too far. Is GAD really something that requires a mental health referral to hospital?

IMHO, I don't think so. Millions of people suffer from it (fight or flight symptoms), but none (that I know of) have killed someone. If he's bi-polar, or MPD, etc - than that's a different issue. Maybe the concern is to determine if he made it up.

MOO

Mel

OP does not have a history of anxiety disorder (AD), this is something new that the current witness has diagnosed him to have. From what she is describing, it sounds more like Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) than AD, IMO.

Interesting too that he is not on any medications to help him cope with AD, such as Zanax. He is taking an anti depressant, but that was prescribed for his mental health issue(s) that he developed after he killed Reeva.

I missed her introduction. Is this lady a psychiatrist or a psychologist?

He puts on an act whenever he needs to. He's been photographed partying not long after his bail application, going on holidays and dining out looking very relaxed and happy. Even on day 1 of his trial he had a smirk on his face when he entered the courtroom. Just because he's prescribed medication doesn't mean he takes it.

BBC Andrew Harding "#OscarPistorius told me state's demand to refer him for psychiatric evaluation was "a joke" and that today's evidence went "well" for him."

https://twitter.com/BBCAndrewH/status/465836919897989120

:eek:

IMO, he thinks it's a joke because he knows the whole "I thought it was an intruder" version is utter rubbish, so you can't really lock me in the loony bin for anything having to do with utter rubbish.

Problem is, to clear this all up, he has to state what really happened.

And that will land him in prison for a good, long time.

Time for defense #4. Oscar has a secret twin brother (who happens to sound like a woman when frightened, angry, upset, in a way Oscar can't replicate). They were trying to play the old twin bother switcheroo thing on Reeva, she got understandably mad, there was a row. Oscar's twin brother murdered the bathroom door, and he's now on the lamb, leaving poor Oscar here to pick up the pieces.

If I recall OP said he didn't report it due to not having insurance and not having faith in the police.

Right. I think Vorster only citing one crime incident, a nonviolent burglary when he was away, shows OP's supposed fear of crime is unjustified and likely a lie.

He puts on an act whenever he needs to. He's been photographed partying not long after his bail application, going on holidays and dining out looking very relaxed and happy. Even on day 1 of his trial he had a smirk on his face when he entered the courtroom.
Just because he's prescribed medication doesn't mean he takes it.
BBM - well, I don't think he's taking his sleeping pills because he's always yawning! As for his anti-depressants, like you say, just because he's been prescribed them doesn't mean he takes them.

BBC Andrew Harding "#OscarPistorius told me state's demand to refer him for psychiatric evaluation was "a joke" and that today's evidence went "well" for him."

https://twitter.com/BBCAndrewH/status/465836919897989120

:eek:

.. also .. is it just me who finds it weird the way a killer can just talk to journos outside court ..? (I know this case is different to a UK one, but I just find something not quite right about it)

But remember he will be examined by a state appointed psychologist or psychiatrist and if he's as full of BS as most people think, then ... sane, adult man who knew right from wrong and still did what he did.

If OP's evaluated, I hope the psych is a straight male, ideally a double for his dad.

He puts on an act whenever he needs to. He's been photographed partying not long after his bail application, going on holidays and dining out looking very relaxed and happy. Even on day 1 of his trial he had a smirk on his face when he entered the courtroom. Just because he's prescribed medication doesn't mean he takes it.
RBBM

Which is obviously also consistent with an axis II, cluster B, personality disorder, which is where I lean personally. To Viper's point, and IB's made about borderline over the weekend, there's a high degree of comorbidity in psychiatric disorders. It isn't uncommon at all for one diagnosed with a psychiatric disorder to show overlapping symptoms of disorders related to one another. Narcissistic is related to borderline; anxiety is related to obsessive compulsive, etc. Sometimes, disorders are comorbid even when they aren't related too but less common afaik.

JMO

just looking at the defence witness line up as the trial started...

5 ear witnesses, who only heard events after the last shot.
botha
the second forensics guy [forget his name]

op

forensics guy who dropped out
dixon was conducting tests as was wolmarans

were the following all added after the start?
anaesthetist/ social worker/ psychiatrist

also, what has the defence done to refute the 3 additional gun-related charges so far? i can't see anything?

Which is why he will not go.
Nel is just beating OP up because he can! He has chewed up and spat out his DT witnesses one by one.

I do not agree with you. Nel would not waste his time on this if it were not an obligation, and exactly what he wanted to see happen. In addition, Nel specifically requested that a 3 day confinement for psychiatric evaluation be Ordered, before the trial should resume.

Right. I think Vorster only citing one crime incident, a nonviolent burglary when he was away, shows OP's supposed fear of crime is unjustified and likely a lie.

Exactly, there's a heck of a lot of people who have been burgled even when they were actually at home. Oscar's expert defence witness really was milking it there.
I'm looking forward to watching Judge(Ret.) Christopher Greenlands YT posting about todays events.....should be a goodie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia