Trial Discussion Thread #38 - 14.05.13 Day 31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbelievable. So many disabled kids can't conceal their disability and their families don't encourage them to participate in extracurricular activities or support their kids that they're no different, and no less, than anyone else. Oscar's family was encouraging, accepting, and supportive. It irks me so much that's being twisted into force and expectation.

.. absolutely .. I'm really quite disgusted by it!

V: The importance of attachment figures can't be underestimated. OP's primary attachment figure was his mother. She died when he was a teenager....he would have really needed her then...

Nel says how well OP continued to do at school and Doc agrees he did.

Something's burning??

Possibly coming from outside.

NM, Nel says it's dust :doh:

Nel. it would have been very hard to conceal his disorder as he gets older.. ??

Vos. well he could have been diagnosed earlier.. people do conceal these things. the individual don't necessarily have a diagnosis made early. his was made quite late..

Nel. I think something is burning in the courtroom.

What's the difference between "the accused" and "the defendant"? I noticed someone referred to OP in court as" the defendant " and they were quickly corrected that he was" the accused "
Location, location, location. ;)

AFAIK, the terms are interchangeable stateside (though defendant is most common) and in some other jurisdictions too but in other areas an 'accused' is used in criminal cases and 'defendant' in civil.

N: You did not take into account any other version, the state's version? Do you think that's impartial?

V: My asking...was not to come to the truth, but rather look at the mental state of the accused, at the time of the offence.

How on earth can a psychiatrist assess the mental state of the accused at the time of the offence, by assessing OP 15 months after the event - particularly when OP and all the collaborating witnesses have a strong vested interest in OP manifesting the identified symptoms?

Nel is asking for investigation....Judge wants to know: 'Is it inside, outside?'

It's dust.

Cool the way Nel noticed just from witnesses face that she could smell burning too....

LOL The judge trying to suppress a giggle over the dust smell

Talk about stress. The stress level in that room jumped significantly when she and Nel thought the place might be burning down.

Anyone else see those naughty schoolboys passing notes and giggling behind Nel?

They've identified the 'strange smell'

It is a lot of hot air coming from the witness. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members