Trial Discussion Thread #38 - 14.05.13 Day 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine getting a caught in a lie and your dad was Nel.

All he'd have to do is gently give you "the look" or calmly say he's disappointed in you and you'd feel remorseful for all eternity. (unless his kid was Oscar. nothing would get through to him)

On Oscar radio:

Judge Greenland is saying how difficult it is that Oscar is changing his story (putative to involuntary) because the accused is allowed to sit in the courtroom and could be tailoring his evidence. He is still confused (35 years experience) as to what Oscar's defence actually is. He states one of the problems with the constitution is that the accused has the right to silence but Reeva had the right to life - he feels the latter should outweigh the former.

And we're back live...

N: You said yesterday the GAD may have played a role in his actions the morning 14th Feb. If that's so; GAD is a psych disorder, what you're saying is psych disorder played a role?

V: Yes.

Plase tell me that little chap is safely in a nice home now...

Scared, but uninjured. Up for adoption at the Contra Costa Animal Services shelter in California. Probably adopted by now. Sweet little doggy.

Do I recall correctly that you're the daughter of a defense attorney too? As such, IIRC, what's your take on Roux?

I think he's a very good attorney with a very bad case and an even worse client.

I think he is an excellent defense attorney, saddled with an obnoxious, guilty, arrogant client.

N:....you did that diagnosis in line with his version only?

V: Yes.

N: There's been no evaluation of his 'psych condition' in line with other versions?

Doc agrees that that is the case

My feed's gone?

That reminds me about Steenkamp and all the videos I've been watching to get a handle on her character.

She was a law graduate. She worked as a paralegal. She had plans to set the bar exam in 2011.

Law students and people progressing in the law field have to be relatively adept at language. She knew how to analyse, argue and get her point across. And she far more educated than Pistorius or probably most of his previous girlfriends.

Though people said she didn't like confrontation, I completely think she was arguing for an hour with Pistorius that night.

Oh, absolutely .. and I don't think that 'not liking confrontation' should be confused with not being able to fight back if the situation presents itself .. she totally comes across to me like someone who would fight back, or tell someone when they have treated her badly like she did in her WhatsApp messages (and quite right, too) just that she would never start an argument because of not liking confrontation (IMO).

Mr Fossil,

Would you mind, if you have time, please provide a link for the comment in the previous thread. I have been unable to find it and I do like to read, at first hand, from court proceedings/papers exactly what was said. I am not suggesting this is wrong, just a foible of mine. MTIA.

This is what you posted.

Nel Admissions in terms of Section 220 of the Criminal Procedure Act.

One. That the two iPhones seized in the bathroom of 14 February 2013, and two Blackberry phones as well as two iPads seized from the bedroom on 14 February 2013 were handed to Captain Muller.

N: From a psych perspective GAD is listed in the DSM file?

(Diagnostic and statistical Manual)

Did anyone catch what happened there? My feed started buffering and I missed it. :(

Re: "Joke" comment Oscar made to Bateman

Has anyone seen clips on this? Have the TV new agencies been showing clips or talking about it?

Dr agreed it is listed in the big book and Nel steps down, Roux wants 10 mins.

Well, that was a short session...

Thanks again everyone . Once again I am following the trial on here only. Just woke up ......at a decent hour. Keep up the good work....

Why oh why does Roux need another adjournment?? They were just out for 30 mins, he couldn't get organised in that time? Ugh

Whaaaaa....We just got back from a 25 minute break and Roux isn't ready and wants another 10 minutes to prepare?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia