Trial Discussion Thread #38 - 14.05.13 Day 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Roux is a bit rattled. He's very sharp in his tone right now. I haven't seen him like this since Michelle Burger's testimony.

R: The allegation must be supported by grounds...if it is alleged, it must be supported on proper grounds!

Nel and Roux and teams must have been up all night checking the legal points and all the precedents out.

Roux has shifted into 4th gear.. this is the most animated he has been for days.. on fire, all the octaves being used... body twitching, hands flying, a sudden disbelieving laugh..

R:.....you can't just allege it!

He quotes a case where an allegation was found to be unfounded, and another where a man was completely out of it and it was founded.

He is being very impassioned.

Roux is very disdainful and very angry now...

R reads where it says just the fact of an allegation of mental illness, does not mean it is founded, that would be 'patently absurd'.
Proof positive, if you ask me, that the defence wants it's 3 layer sponge and get to eat it all too. ;)

Now Roux is going thru his own witnesses' evidence, trying to quote little bits to show she didn't really say what Nel says she did....

Could MiLady just rule that the defence had the chance to agree to the assessment and because they are rejecting it, then they won't be able to use it to bring an appeal .. and therefore she will reject the application?

So if it DIDNT play any part in his actions, why the heck does DT even introduce it?

R:...she then makes it clear, "He's not paranoid. He's not delusional"....

Roux now stating, point by point, why state is wrong..."Where's the state's evidence?"

Roux;" she did not say he was delusional, nor did she say he was paranoid..."

Wait, didn't she call him paranoid> ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members