Trial Discussion Thread #38 - 14.05.13 Day 31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP looks distinctly happy with Roux going on a mini rampage like this. He appears to like this kind of vehement argument.

I think he is maybe missing that vehement doesn't necessarily signal a person is winning....

Roux is now arguing that OP's GAD/anxiety isn't really that important and that it's just normal :floorlaugh:

He is going on about automocisim?? and I don't even know what the heck that is....

All I have to say and it's something I used to tell my kids while they were growing up, be careful what you wish for! I'm hoping the judge just asks Roux, so if it has no merit, why did you bring this now and not wait for the mitigation process?

OMG, he's channeling my Great Aunt.
---
This is CRAZY. ROUX brought this woman to the stand. You'd think the PT had pulled a fast one on them!!
---
Nel sitting there cool as a cucumber. Probably laughing inside that Roux's been driven to near-insanity himself. Roux has actually been spitting as he shouts.

Could MiLady just rule that the defence had the chance to agree to the assessment and because they are rejecting it, then they won't be able to use it to bring an appeal .. and therefore she will reject the application?
AFAIK, a lower court can't preclude what grounds can be used to seek an appeal, just attempt to limit those grounds. Precluding would likely violate constitutional rights.

If she doesn't grant the evaluation and OP does attempt to use her decision later on appeal - the appellate court will be well aware why Masipa ruled as she did and all the arguments from both sides.

Bear in mind too, in South Africa leave for appeal must first be granted - there has to be both grounds and a potential for an appeal to be successful before a judge will even grant leave. It's by no means a certainty, as it is in some other countries.

JMO

Yes, I can't imagine they will have much luck appealing on those grounds after all this, even if Masipa denies the application.

Yep ..

.. I've got a feeling Judge M will not agree to the application now .. and the defence have fought against it so hard now, there is no way they would be able to appeal on any psychological grounds .. they were given the chance for a full assessment and Roux has fought tooth and nail against it, he would never be able to use it in an appeal now.

Edit: .. have just now read Kate's post upthread!

Now Roux is saying there is another witness is coming and 'this is premature' (the application).

Again he is back to the 'later, later' argument he tried yesterday.

I can't decide whether Nel has stitched the DT up like a kipper, or whether the DT have done that all for themselves ..

After 30 minutes of arguments it's going to be pretty funny if the Judge makes a ruling right away.

oo Roux forgot the onus aspect.. masipa has to remind him, he is halfway to sit down and leaps up again.

Look at OP rubbing his face....he is VERY anxious now.

Judge reminds Roux he has forgotten about 'the onus' he was going to outline....

Immediately after this, Roux will joining Dixie and Wollie for a few cold ones ... maybe a few hard ones, too -- DOUBLES!

I wonder who this new witness is, and how long they have been on the case? :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot