Trial Discussion Thread #39 - 14.05.14 Day 32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Big pic has blown the margins. It'll be okay when we get to the next page.

ETA: Already on the next page, Lol.

Oh no I didn't know that would happene. Well, before reading this, I did delete it because it was so huge.

Roux has a monogrammed shopping bag in that photo?

I used to keep my gym kit at school in a bag like that. I embroidered my initials on it in chain stitch....... :floorlaugh:

Application's refused? (Not sure about that.)

ETA I meant "opposed" not "refused" by OP

Judge: The state has launched an application for the referral of the accused....in terms of section 78....the application is opposed on behalf of the accused..

Masipa: Strangely, the application is opposed on behalf of the accused.

(Going back to what I posted last night...very strange for defence to fight this.)

Judge still reading what the court shall do, from statute book...

J: Keywords are alleged.....

I think Masipa said "strangely it is opposed by the accused"?

Sorry for the timing of this question but the text on web sleuths has suddenly got smaller. I have refreshed the page with no luck .
Any ideas anyone ? Have I reset something somehow ?

Welcome to the world of "blown margins". Best to notify the moderator or a nudge to the original poster due to posting of too large of a photo? But mine are fine though???

andrew harding ‏@BBCAndrewH 2m
Judge says "strangely, the application is opposed" by defence. Implies she may grant it? #OscarPistorius

J still reading when and under what circumstances a court may make the order......I think she is making order!!!!

andrew harding ✔ @BBCAndrewH
"Alleges or appears… that due to mental defect…" Judge quotes from criminal code. Looks like this long trial is going to be interrupted.

Court in session now..

Masipa.. the state has launched an application for the accused, a section 77.. the app is bought insection 78.. the application is opposed on behalf of the accused..

if the accused is not criminally responsible due to a mental illness or defect, .. it may be that he be directed to a court ordered evaluation. a referral would be in order.

The language of the statute is set out on a prementory language.

if it is alleged that the accused can not be criminally responsible due to mental defect.. it is clear, that counsel for the state is correct in directing the court to consider this..

the evidence of Voster, on behalf of the accused.. it was clear the defendant suffers from a disorder... and as such, the matter must be adjudicated

Welcome to the world of "blown margins". Best to notify the moderator or a nudge to the original poster due to posting of too large of a photo? But mine are fine though???

It's deleted. I didn't know (that would happen). MY APOLOGIES to all affected by it !!

J:...a court does not act on a mere allegation....I however do not agree that in this case there are no allegations...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024