Trial Discussion Thread #43 - 14.06.30 Day 33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Dr is going to act out physically how OP can't balance? Or get OP to stand without prosth and show how he falls over?

Mind blowing...

*Sigh*
"Take-a-break-Barry" is ready for an early tea I guess.

ETA: OP needs a few mins to prepare for a demonstration on his stumps.

Whoop is anticipating 'a rather vivid courtroom display' of OP on his stumps.

ETA: Or representation of tht.

He balances better in the light and struggles in the dark. REALLY?
He struggles to carry items when he's on his stumps. Seems he did okay carrying Reeva from the bathroom and down all those stairs. From all the problems he has, I'm surprised he's not in a wheelchair.

Has trouble walking on industrial carpet.
When standing or walking he was bending his back forwards.

bbm

With prosthetics!

It's kinda weird - we waited 30 days for psych evals, but that took a few mins this morning, and now we are right back to physical stuff.

He balances better in the light and struggles in the dark. REALLY?
He struggles to carry items when he's on his stumps. Seems he did okay carrying Reeva from the bathroom and down all those stairs. From all the problems he has, I'm surprised he's not in a wheelchair.

Has trouble walking on industrial carpet.
When standing or walking he was bending his back forwards.

Totally agree with you, but just a point of correction .. he did actually have his prosthesis on by the time he carried Reeva downstairs, he didn't do that on his stumps (I personally doubt very much he was ever on his stumps at any point during that night).

Lots of talk about the X rays, but they are not being shown.

Still trying to work out why OP would keep his bedroom completely dark if that means he falls over as soon as he gets out of bed....

Probably a trade off. Some people just cannot get to sleep with light and have black out blinds, curtains, shutters, or whatever. I had a partner like that, and because I am incapable of going to sleep without any light at all from outside even if only stars, or when there are no starts and it is pitch dark with the whole room shut of as a completely enclosed space without being able to see through a window to something beyond, even if it's pitch black out there, our relationship was very short.

R: There some requests for photos but that's not possible...

We are not going to see the demo :(

David Smith
VerifiedTwitter_Icon.png
@SmithInAfrica
RetweetIcon.gif
Retweeted by
twitter_bird.png

Court usher helps Masipa, unsteady as she walks, down to near the door and #Pistorius.

Unless someone in court talks or tweets us thru this, it's going to be confusing.

Ah, Dr is talking but he is away from mike and so difficult to hear.

Totally agree with you, but just a point of correction .. he did actually have his prosthesis on by the time he carried Reeva downstairs, he didn't do that on his stumps (I personally doubt very much he was ever on his stumps at any point during that night).

I've apologized for this stupid error. I also don't believe he was EVER on his stumps that night.

Dr is talking about the heel pad slipping and snapping again, showing the judge how this affects OP's balance

Dr V; The soft tissue over the stump is very, very mobile...normal heel pad is very firmly attached. Soft tissue here, it can slip out from under the bone...when that happens he can't put weight on the stump and he falls down.

Now explaining how the only way to prevent that is for OP to keep his left knee bent when he puts weight on it.

What is all that whispering?

Uh. Roux asks for another adjournment...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper