Trial Discussion Thread #43 - 14.06.30 Day 33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr V: When walking or standing on his stumps without holding on, he is in danger of falling...he has to put left stump in exactly the right position.....in a dangerous situation, his ability to flee is severely impaired...

There is what the defence wanted, folks.

Dr V: severely impaired, severely in danger of falling....

The evaluation must be a disappointment for the defence team as they had argued that he was suffering from an anxiety disorder at the time of the shooting.

The defence didn't want the evaluation in the first place so I don't know why they would be disappointed.

But further, you are jumping the gun somewhat. We don't know the full evaluation hasn't found he suffers from an anxiety disorder since all that has been disclosed so far is that OP does not suffer from "mental illness or defect" that affects his appreciation of wrongfulness generally, or that could have affected his appreciation of wrongfulness that night. That's all we know so far from the report none of which means he doesn't have any mental condition or personality disorders, and the fact prosecution and defence have sort of reserved the right to refer to it and dispute other parts of it would appear to show there are other conditions reported just that these would not have affected his appreciation of wrongfulness that or any other night.

What is going on here is making excuses why he shouldn't go to prison. He can compete in the Olympics, so what has changed so much in that time?

Roux asks Dr's opinion on OP striking door with bat on his stumps.

Dr V: While I would expect he cld carry a bat, I don't believe he would be able to strike anything with any type of force.

So OP has pain on his left stump, has balance issues on his stumps, must place the left stump in exactly the right position.

WTH didn't he put on his prosthetics when he allegedly thought an intruder had climbed through his bathroom window? WTH didn't he flee with Reeva out the bedroom door?

Answer: Because, IMO, his version of events is BS.

OHHHHH, nOw I get what they are going for...

They are trying to prove the gunshots came first!!!

Dr V doesn't believe OP could use cricket bat using two hands.

R: You were told 'my balance is better in light, in dark I really struggle' why is that?

Dr now saying it's nerve endings and 'propreoception'? I KNOW I haven't spelt that right, Lol!

He has to rely on sight to be able to balance.

Dr V: He had a bruise measuring 3 x4 cm on right thigh - he sustained it in a fall a few days previously

Nel up

If Roux goes too far into the major issues and problems that OP has on his stumps, it could backfire.

How are we to believe he would run towards danger in the dark, if he is so unsteady and vulnerable?

Exactly .. in OP's version he is asking us to accept that he got up out of bed, brought the fans in, closed the balcony doors, closed the curtains, went to cover the LED light with a pair of jeans, then dashed across and grabbed a gun from under the bed, then quickly made his way down the passageway to the bathroom, shot 4 shots into the toilet door, then ran back to the bedroom, across the bed, then down the side of the bed back to the bathroom .. he was running about all over the place in the pitch black, on his stumps supposedly, without any difficulty, without falling over and without knocking a single thing over! Honestly, he really thinks we've gonna buy all this?

I think this is all setting-up information, because the trial looks to be going into some kind of jail sentence and Pistorius team appear to be trying everything to delay or stop jail time.

My guess, he may fire part or all of his defense team, this could buy another 2-3 months.

If given a conviction he will lodge multiple appeals at the end of this trial, which may allow 1-2 years, on bail.

If jailed, he will press for the 'urgent' medical need for surgery and recuperation for stump pain/dislodgement etc. and ask for more time in hospital/recovery confinement as per referrals from well known doctors.

This is why Dr Gerald Versfeld is relevant for his long-term defense/confinement plan.

N: This was in May '14. Accused had already testified. Did you follow?.

Dr says he followed clips etc. N replies 'So you had a good idea'.

Dr V: When walking or standing on his stumps without holding on, he is in danger of falling...he has to put left stump in exactly the right position.....in a dangerous situation, his ability to flee is severely impaired...

There is what the defence wanted, folks.

Bingo!!

Nel up. OP was referred to Dr V by the DT. Dr V did not follow the day-to-day court proceedings. He saw clips on the news and snippets on TV.

N: We have a report handed in this morning that suggests OP has PTSD....you saw a person who already said he suffers from depression, who says he can't walk well?

Dr V: I can't dispute that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member