Trial Discussion Thread #44 - 14.07.1-2, Day 34-35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stephanie Findlay @SJFindlay · 6 Std.

A lesson in court etiquette from Judge Masipa, when your phone goes off: "You just standup and apologize immediately," she said

What is the difference between the title Barrister and Solicitor. Here in the US we do not use those terms. TIA.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

In Australia and UK. Both are lawyers. The barristers do the complex court representations and are briefed by the solicitors who the clients come to for legal assistance. I am a solicitor though I do a lot of my own court appearances but not trials. I would brief a barrister to do that. As solicitors we do most of the work leading up to a trial.

I don't understand what you don't understand about the concept of what a trial is. OP is innocent until proven guilty. That 20 regular posters here think he is guilty doesn't make him so. Repeating speculations and opinions does not magically convert them into facts, and that includes whether or not the two had a fight that night.

And yes, it's a sad and maddening fact of all trials that the victim is "forgotten."

I don't understand what you don't understand about this site. lol

We can only go by the known facts, speculation and opinions. Your opinion is valuable just like everyone who posts wherever on this forum. I'm following several cases, on one case I'm definitely in the minority.

I don't get so personally invested though, just scroll and roll as they say.

JMO

In Australia and UK. Both are lawyers. The barristers do the complex court representations and are briefed by the solicitors who the clients come to for legal assistance. I am a solicitor though I do a lot of my own court appearances but not trials. I would brief a barrister to do that. As solicitors we do most of the work leading up to a trial.
thank you for the explanation. it's appreciated.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

International travel by athletes is a very difficult part of their chosen profession : the arduous stress of sitting for many hours in business class but also the devastating physiological hardships of coping with jet-lag… Oh, the humanity !

I suspect the next thing the Defence will put forth is the undue adversities suffered by healthy, attractive, wealthy, intelligent, white men in South Africa…

… and the unbearable agony of having to endure hot and humid weather whilst one's air-conditioning is on the fritz…

… and the grueling torture of having to consume stir-fried chicken that was prepared by one's girlfriend…

… and the inhumane emotional torment of being prosecuted for killing an innocent human being.

The relentless persecution of Oscar Pistorius MUST be stopped !

Oscar Pistorius should be :

- immediately cleared of all criminal charges
- declared an international hero and living treasure by the UN
- awarded the Nobel Peace Prize
- fast-tracked through the Canon norms by the Pope
- recognized as a martyr and the first living Saint

it's ok, just read your post from later. Your calculations would mean compared with Lin's, that at 177m, the Stipps' audible and intelligible level of hearing the screams would have been higher. Fascinating stuff.....why not email it to Nell's office?:cheers:

The judge is too tolerant for allowing the defense to present a case, the defense experts are all wrong and should be ridiculed. OP isnt really disabled--- even though he doesn't have legs.
[...]

Have you spotted the fact that OP would easily win a fight with most able-bodied men of his own age group and knows he would and acts as though he knows it ?

Have you spotted the fact that this does not apply to 99% of disabled people ?

Have you spotted the fact that DT witness and a few other members of the dwindling OP fanclub are trying to give us the impression a guy who could not only beat most of us in a race but could also beat most of us to pulp is in fact a frail vulnerable creature who boy scouts ought to help to cross the road?

Have you spotted the fact that witness claims on this subject are cheerfully contradicting what OP himself regularly did and said in interviews etc before 13 th Feb 2013? Can't shower, regularly falls over, doesn't take off his prostheses in public, etc ?

At this rate you'll be telling us next that it's proved by the psycho-team that he hasn't got anger control or aggressiveness issues.

"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." (Alice in Wonderland)

Well said. She appears to have been forgotten in all this. OP had his time on the stand and was caught lying God knows how many times. The DT have been reduced to putting 'experts' on the stand that aren't even experts in the subjects they're talking about, and now we have someone's email that's supposed to be classed as evidence? Give me a break. The only mockery going on here seems to be the DT's desperate attempts to clear OP's name no matter what. Some of their witnesses didn't even bother doing anything till the trial was well under way (highlighting just how flimsy their case really was). How about some compassion for Reeva for a change.

A trial isn't about compassion for the victim. Objective analysis of evidence absent mockery and emotionalism does not exclude compassion for victims or their surviving loved ones.

Sorry all, I haven't kept up with the trial. All I know is that DT just wasted everyones time with the whole GAD nonsense because, as everyone knew, OP doesn't have GAD. Man, can we just convict the dude soon.

Bob Dylan..."It's Not Dark Yet"........Jersey beaches rock...wish I was there today!

Whoopwhoop - if any of you are reading here -Your mike is still on.

Not sure if I heard it correctly but did he say that 1 in 4 disabled people living in London have been attacked since the 2012 games?

I don't know where the folks that were touting Roux's superior legal expertise ran off to, but... Why Roux and Oldwage and/or any of the other attorneys that are handling this case did not submit an application regarding making the psych report confidential the very first thing on Monday morning is beyond me. Dumb.

Not sure if I heard it correctly but did he say that 1 in 4 disabled people living in London have been attacked since the 2012 games?

I believe so. But I think it meant the rate had gone up, not that suddenly 1 in 4 are attacked. Worse in a way - means a large number are attacked on a regular basis anyway, games or no games.

Does anyone have any links to exhibits QQQ and PPP? Or are the details only in short Tweets? Either way if anyone has the links it would be very much appreciated.

IIRC, only 5% of the SA population are legal gun owners, so legal + illegal owners is still very small. ST testified that OP always carries his gun, except for sleeping when it's within arm's reach. ST testified to OP's leaving his car and pointing his gun at a driver he thought was following them. ST/DF testified to OP's dangerous shot out the sunroof [Sept. 2012]. DF/KL testified to OP's shooting the gun inside Tashas [Dec. 2012]. It's not OP that's vulnerable, it's anyone who's near him when he's awake, including people his reckless driving could have killed.

Here is the twitter link to the tweets posted upthread. This journo seems to have posted the most about the report, before the ban. She is now talking about if anyone retweets them, are they breaking the judge's order.

This ban can only apply in SA though, surely? It's not global?

https://mobile.twitter.com/karynmaughan/tweets

I wonder if a Press association will motion (or whatever) the judge to rescind the ban....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay