Trial Discussion Thread #45 - 14.07.3, Day 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But wouldn't he ruin the integrity of his business, if a client's product was leaked so publicly? I wouldn't trust him with my business if it is traced back to him.

But he made millions apparently. He's probably made more money then he would if he kept his business open until he retired. He probably doesn't need any more business.

I would have thought that a sharp advocate like Barry Roux would have made every precaution to obtain all footage including the master tapes so a leak like this couldn't happen.

maybe the arrangement with Channel 7 ( who's reputation for adhering to broadcast laws is very patchy , very spotty ) was made before the surprise 30 day evaluation of Oscar went into production.. Barry and Arnold might not have read the fine print. . ..

the video made me ill.

Debora Patta ‏@Debora_Patta 10 mins
#OscarTrial I found OP's re-enactment interesting - he vomited and retched in court but appears quite impassive in the video reliving it all

I understand what you're saying, but it's online globally, reported on TV, newspapers etc and if it couldn't be passed on to the court, that would make the court and South Africa a total laughing stock in the eyes of the world. I just can't imagine that would happen.

True but at the same time, there are certain rules in the way evidence is collected and presented.

It's on this foundation that we see the DT trying to get evidence thrown out of court because the chain of custody was poor, evidence was tampered with, etc etc.

Again, I'm not a lawyer and these are just my thoughts, but this was a private video that was made by the DT. I really wonder whether it would be admissible. The good news is we should find out tomorrow

I would have thought that a sharp advocate like Barry Roux would have made every precaution to obtain all footage including the master tapes so a leak like this couldn't happen.

Sharp advocate like Roux? Seriously? You meant the sharp advocate with an army of other attorneys and paralegal staff supporting him that did not think to apply to the court the first thing last Monday morning to issue a blanket order regarding the psych eval report? Nooo, not sharp at all, IMO. LOL!!!

Not directed at you in any way Margaret.

But he made millions apparently. He's probably made more money then he would if he kept his business open until he retired. He probably doesn't need any more business.

Millions of rand .... not millions of $ or £

Millions of SA Rands. Currency exchange of the Rand to the US Dollar is approx. 10.8 to 1

Barry Bateman @barrybateman
#OscarPistorius "Whilst we cannot imagine how any of the footage would not support Oscar’s version… “ BB

Barry Bateman @barrybateman
#OscarPistorius “… we will only be in a position to comment further once we have had the opportunity to study what has been aired.” BB

Standard deluded DT thinking.

Wait, the intended film was an animation, am I right? :)

So I'm guessing these extracts were filmed to assist with the making of the animated film.
I very much doubt they were ever intended to be seen by anyone else at all.

Debora Patta ‏@Debora_Patta 42 mins
#OscarTrial Problem for Defence is that video is in public domain and shows a different OP to their version that he's unsteady on his stumps

I did receive a message back from the NPA.....GN got the video

it isn't often a Prosecutor gets such a magnanimous gift, Margaret.. Gerrie must be taking a tiny break with a small crystal glass of fine pinot gringo , and blessing the day Oscar's trial came up on his docket.

No, not only Australians can see the first version so if anyone's looking for a link where to access it click here to watch FIRST PREVIEW VIDEOwhich is still accessible at least to the UK so maybe likely accessible for some other countries too... and I just tried it again and it's still working.

I've just clicked on it and it's showing the 2nd preview for me.

Debora Patta ‏@Debora_Patta 42 mins
#OscarTrial Problem for Defence is that video is in public domain and shows a different OP to their version that he's unsteady on his stumps

Exactly. It also shows that he can don his prostheses in seconds. So he could have got away from the alleged perceived danger.

This, on its own, demonstrates that there was no need to go and shoot anyone. :gavel:

it isn't often a Prosecutor gets such a magnanimous gift, Margaret.. Gerrie must be taking a tiny break with a small crystal glass of fine pinot gringo , and blessing the day Oscar's trial came up on his docket.

As another poster posted.....this trial is a gift that keeps on giving lol

What's concerning is that there were a million votes and it was split 51-49....It's not an official poll because people can vote multiple times, but it is nearly 50-50...

It's just a programme gimmick. They probably set it up to show that result and keep people talking.

What's concerning is that there were a million votes and it was split 51-49....It's not an official poll because people can vote multiple times, but it is nearly 50-50...

A 50-50 poll result would certainly be the most interesting and desirable outcome for any Broadcaster… they are not obligated by Law or any stretch of the imagination to produce an honest poll… it's only a dummy poll to attract more viewers and web traffic which they can turn into lucrative advertising contracts.

As another poster posted.....this trial is a gift that keeps on giving lol

and giving and giving.... . what I concluded from the clip..

(a).. many scenarios were tried out to attempt to portray a story of a man startled by a strange sound and firing off a gun 4 times.

(b) .. .None of them appear to have succeeded .

I clicked on a YouTube link a while ago to see OPs smirking during Nels x-exam of PVZ and noticed that Nel was grilling him about arranging for ST to accompany OP to the London games. If Nel is using this to tear apart the credibility of PVZ, you can bet your @$$ that video is going to be played for Dr. D tomorrow, if Nel has anything to say about it! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay