Trial Discussion Thread #45 - 14.07.3, Day 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the two images that I saw he was carrying her the opposite way that the consensus here had believed. It was thought that Reeva's head was cradled in his right arm, facing the railing at the top of the stairs and the wall as he descended the stairs. So that puts her head wounds well away from the wall, and her severed right arm pressed against his chest. Hmm... Did they reverse things because Uncle Arnold's stairs are the reverse of OPs? Or...

I don't believe that is correct…

See photos of the staircase with explained orientations in the following post (towards the bottom)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?237843-Timeline-Thread-***NO-DISCUSSION***&p=10644997#post10644997

I'm beginning to think that Nel will NOT even attempt to use the video at all… he will simply deconstruct Dr.D's testimony based on OP's testimony and version of events.

You could well be right. If so, a pity if they can't make use of two telling demonstrations:

1. That OP can move on stumps quickly, steadily, and without support.
2. That OP can put his prostheses on in a few seconds.

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 2 mins
#OscarPistorius legal team has issued a statement saying US company The Evidence Room was hired in October last year. BB

I can't watch the video yet but it sounds like someones attempt to manipulate the trial. Maybe someone is running scared eh?

I think Milady is going to be quite unlady like when they return.

Karyn Maughan ‏@karynmaughan 5 mins
#OscarPistorius lawyers say footage of shooting reenactment was "illegally obtained" and sold to Australian Broadcaster @eNCAnews

So if that was the case, how did Mr Roder appear for an interview?

You could well be right. If so, a pity if they can't make use of two telling demonstrations:

Nel doesn't need the video to tear Dr.D a new one…LOL

As per BiB… it makes the timespan of unaccounted time between first and second set of bangs even longer… in a previous post I had given OP 1 minute to put on his prosthetics (30 seconds per limb)

See the previous post : http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?238286-Oscar-Pistorius-Defense&p=10648671#post10648671

Karyn Maughan ‏@karynmaughan 16 mins
#OscarPistorius lawyers on leaked footage: "For the family, the airing of this footage constitutes a staggering breach of trust.

To be honest, I'm pretty sure the prosecution have had this case wrapped up long ago and Nel's just professionally going through the motions now with any witness called forward, thus highly unlikely this was a prosecution move.

Could well be some bait from DT in the hope PT pick up on the video and in doing so some legal loophole is activated in favour of OP.

I suspect the PT will play it safe tomorrow and make no mention of the video and rest on their evidence so far. Why open another can of worms when the other is sealed shut?

DT in full damage control via twitter now........if it was obtained illegally why would they just accept an undertaking?

Karyn Maughan ‏@karynmaughan 6 mins
#OscarPistorius lawyers say Channel 7 gave them undertaking that they would not air any of the footage before the end of the trial

Karyn Maughan ‏@karynmaughan 5 mins
#OscarPistorius lawyers say footage of shooting reenactment was "illegally obtained" and sold to Australian Broadcaster @eNCAnews

So if that was the case, how did Mr Roder appear for an interview?

Karyn Maughan ‏@karynmaughan 16 mins
#OscarPistorius lawyers on leaked footage: "For the family, the airing of this footage constitutes a staggering breach of trust.

BiB… here we go… the legal terminology is beginning to surface contrary to yesterday.

I am not sure Nel will attempt to use the video. There is too much "opinion" in it (from what I have gathered from the v. good reporting on here). That may mean he could not even refer to OP being much more mobile on his stumps than he admits. However, tomorrow is close and we should know soon :).

Benita Levin ‏@benitalevin 2m
#OscarPistorius - "@ewnreporter: "The material aired was obtained illegally & in breach of non-disclosure agreement with The Evidence Room.”

Benita Levin ‏@benitalevin 1m
#OscarPistorius - "@ewnreporter: "Its usage also constitutes a breach of privilege as this material was produced for trial purposes.”

Thanks for the great picture margaret. Much better than how mine turned out - totally black :D

I've figured how to upload the original Aussie video without giving my personal info away but don't want to get this website into any legal trouble so will only post it if a Mod says it's allowed. It'll probably be all over youtube by tomorrow anyway.

I'm sure now that it's gone to air it will be available for all to see some time tomorrow

Benita Levin ‏@benitalevin 2m
#OscarPistorius - "@ewnreporter: "The material aired was obtained illegally & in breach of non-disclosure agreement with The Evidence Room.”

Benita Levin ‏@benitalevin 1m
#OscarPistorius - "@ewnreporter: "Its usage also constitutes a breach of privilege as this material was produced for trial purposes.”

As if the Evidence Room had any sort of authority to disclose or sell the video… laughable !

BiB… more of that legal terminology

The DT and OP clan truly believe people are idiots !!! :naughty:

I don't believe that is correct…

See photos of the staircase with explained orientations in the following post (towards the bottom)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...d-***NO-DISCUSSION***&p=10644997#post10644997

I disagree with where you believe the kitchen to be. Sorry! :smile: My belief is the room in the front left of the home, looking at it from the street, is not the kitchen but rather it is a large quest bedroom with its own small balcony and private entrance at the front of the house. This would make an ideal maids quarters. The kitchen is further back in the home nearer to Frank's detached guest quarters.

What you are commenting on is not related to my post. My post was related to Reeva's body orientation in OPs arms as he carried her down the stairs. I cannot see from the post that you linked how it relates to my point.

I disagree with where you believe the kitchen to be. Sorry! :smile: My belief is the room in the front left of the home, looking at it from the street, is not the kitchen but rather it is a large quest bedroom with its own small balcony and private entrance at the front of the house. This would make an ideal maids quarters. The kitchen is further back in the home nearer to Frank's detached guest quarters.

What you are commenting on is not related to my post. My post was related to Reeva's body orientation in OPs arms as he carried her down the stairs. I cannot see from the post that you linked how it relates to my point.

Read the description of orientation written by police investigators on the photographs themselves…

When looking at the house from the street, the structure on the left is indeed the kitchen

As per the orientation of RS in OP's arms :

- if RS's head was on OP's left shoulder, RS's head would be on the railing side of the staircase

- if RS's head was on OP's right shoulder, RS's head would be on the wall side of the staircase

Apologies for the confusion… the whole post was not a reply to your post… I just didn't want to repost the links to the photos… that's why I specified to look at the links at the bottom of the post.

Just to avoid any confusion. It's not the video to the programme I've got, it's the first preview video that only Australians can see.

Nel doesn't need the video to tear Dr.D a new one…LOL

As per BiB… it makes the timespan of unaccounted time between first and second set of bangs even longer… in a previous post I had given OP 1 minute to put on his prosthetics (30 seconds per limb)

Yes, but what I was getting at is that if he genuinely believed there was an intruder he was easily able to leave the scene, avoiding any confrontation at all.
Which is what a reasonable person is expected to do.
Rather than going towards the perceived danger and shooting at it.

What about the fact that OP did not have his prosthesis on when he pulled 'RS' out of the cubicle? What are we to make of that?

I must be missing something because just a few minutes ago I read up-thread a poster who was or had been watching the video in Australia noted definitively to questions by another poster that OP did have his prosthetics on at the time he pulled Reeva out of the cubicle in the video!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarlaK