Trial Discussion Thread #45 - 14.07.3, Day 36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
D: two nights before the final, Arnu consulted me. He had upper resp infection....we have isloation room if anyone has slightest inkling of being sick. When I assessed Arnu, I recommended the isloation room. News to me about the call complaints...

He must have got consent from the other athlete to say stuff about his medical condition on the stand.

I agree. If the judge believes Oscar's intruder version then this is very strong and compelling testimony.

Yep, if the judge believes the accused's claim that he was frightened of a non-existent intruder she may well believe the expert's claim that the accused is the sort of person likely to be frightened of non-existent intruders.

If on the other hand she thinks the accused shot his girfriend dead, she may well see signs somewhere that he was the kind of guy who might well end up shooting his girlfriend dead.

Meanwhile every second this guy burbles on is another second between OP and a dark cell.

Sounds like the psychological evaluation was pretty thorough

Really? We know they had interviewed 16 people "close" to OP, not a word about anyone who may not have been. The only ex gf that was interviewed was one from before ST, long before he became the "golden boy" of SA. No mention of the Myers, or anyone else who may have given less than a glowing account of him.

Oldwage is highlighting how Nel mistakenly called Para Olympics the Olympics when recounting the screaming phone calls incident.

Oldwage should have just ended it there with the doctor's conclusion

So if he's "stuffed" without his legs and he goes into fight response, just goes to show his legs were on IMO.

How probable is it that Prof really hadn't heard anything about the call/roommate story?

So, this 'professor' has 'diagnosed' generalised agoraphobia in OP (just generally, not after the shooting, but before as well) .. and yet only a minute or so ago he was saying about how OP would take up to 100 flights a year :facepalm:

If only his multi billion dollar corporate sponsors would have been briefed about his irrational phobia's they would have dug deep into their pockets to hire a few well trained full time bodyguards that would have prevented Reeva's untimely death on Valentine's day.

So if he's "stuffed" without his legs and he goes into fight response, just goes to show his legs were on IMO.

But they weren't, though, at least not when he fired into the door.

Really? We know they had interviewed 16 people "close" to OP, not a word about anyone who may not have been. The only ex gf that was interviewed was one from before ST, long before he became the "golden boy" of SA. No mention of the Myers, or anyone else who may have given less than a glowing account of him.

Why would they interview people who were not close to OP? They wouldnt have much to add.

So now you think the psychiatrists and psychologists who spent 30 days evaluating OP are a bunch of hacks?

Prof now recounting his 'personal exp' of pple with 'startle response'.

This MAY conclude the testimony. O has to consult. 5 min break.

Just IMO, but I think this professor/doctor had a bad effect on OP. He fed into OP's illogical thinking. In other words, this guy was doing research, was the team medical person, and was playing psychologist as well.

Not explaining what I mean well, but this guy is nuts, IMO.

YAY! Is Oldwage FINALLY finished????

From facebook

Sunday Times ZA

19 hrs ·
OSCAR PISTORIUS DAY 36 UPDATE - Judge Masipa has ruled that no details of the two reports handed in to court following Pistorius's psychiatric observation may be reported on other than the brief findings read out in court. In a bizarre ruling, the judge has allowed all tweets and reports that happened before 15h05 today to remain, but any that are published after this will result in the publication and journalist being in contempt of court. We have heard that Webber Wentzel is planning to bring an urgent application to challenge this decision

Why would they interview people who were not close to OP? They wouldnt have much to add.

So now you think the psychiatrists and psychologists who spent 30 days evaluating OP are a bunch of hacks?

What's the point of doing an evaluation of someone and how accurate will it be, if everyone you speak to about them is likely to try and make him sound unable of being able to commit the crime he's being charged with? That's like having a wife testify against her husband for something that will change her life for the worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine