Trial Discussion Thread #46 - 14.07.7, Day 37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nel's just accused him of bias and evading answering.

Nel's alluding to the video again. Mr Roden mentioned the "screech" of the mag rack several times. It was even shown being accidentally kicked by the actor playing Reeva in the toilet during the re enactment.

Sounds to me like he has seen it. It's too much a coincidence all the things he's mentioned tonight. The "screech" of the magazine rack has never been mentioned before after all these weeks.

My memory is very fuzzy on this, that much is clear, says WD. He's clearly angry now.

(prof D you should have taken notes, ugh)

D: Milady, Mr Nel has asked me this in many different spheres....my memory is very fuzzy on this. I cannot recall. That's what I wish to say.

Nel pursues, asks why he insists on saying 'I cannot recall' instead of just saying 'no'.

N: Just to test you; Is it possible?

D: I suppose it's possible. I cannot recall....

Nel says that shows he is biased. Doesn't want to say a simple no as 'you're scared' of putting OP in bad light.

Squeezing blood out of a stone. Tough going, but he managed to secure several useful drops, by perfectly legitimate tactics.

I have to admit - he has made a little ground that the doctor does not want to say anything that would hurt the defense.

N: You said he aimed for the sound? (on Thursday)

D agrees he did.

minor4th

This bugs me so much - Nel is asking if OP said he heard a magazine rack, and Dr says "yes." But Nel knows very well that OP said he assumed it was the magazine rack in hindsight - at the time of the incident, he thought it was the sound of the door opening.

==================================================================================================

So then why did OP say to Derman that he heard the mag rack?

His interview with Derman was IIRC AFTER his cross with Nel and the same has been bugging me. The other day exactly the same when Nel went on and on about it.

Now IIRC and I will try to find the part, OP accepted it was the magazine rack in hindsight and only during his cross with Nel because IIRC he started off testifying that he had heard a "wood movement" and either Nel proposed to him that as the door clearly hadn't moved the only wood thing left was the mag rack and OP accepted, or it was Nel that pushed OP to come up with what else it could been since it could not have been the door.

I of course MBW so I am going to look for the part to check, if anyone has a link already would be grateful.

Nel: Why did he fire at the sound?
D: To nullify any threat.

WD refuses to deviate from his statement "I cannot recall". Regarding OP telling WD he heard movement in the toilet.

You don't want to give an answer that will not benefit the accused. - Nel

WD denies this.

Nel: Did he explain the 3rd sound?
D? He said it was the magazine rack.

N: he never identified what the sound/threat was.

D: He told me he thought it was a burglar.

N: What about the 3rd sound?

D: He told me it was the mag rack.

N: You are not objective in your evidence. Do you want to respond?

D: Milady, I have responded, I have acknowledged I have treated Mr Pistorius....etc etc

Nel: Prof. I put it to you again, you are not objective in your evidence. Do you want to respond.
D: I have responded to that. I have care for Pistorius for 6 year. I have attempted to come to court to give as objective an opinion as I can.

Nel may be trying to get Derman to use the word "screech" to indicate he saw the video?? Or is Nel really trying to push this issue to confirm that Oscar knew he was firing at SOMEONE who made the noise.

See how they showed her as being down cowering behind the toilet in that video, not standing like the forensics have said? I haven't watched the whole thing yet though.

It's a very very light piece in terms of forensic info. None of the points of contention were raised at all. In many ways it was almost an advert for the Evidence Room. Still, OP's recorded mobility does him no favours.

Nel may be trying to get Derman to use the word "screech" to indicate he saw the video?? Or is Nel really trying to push this issue to confirm that Oscar knew he was firing at SOMEONE who made the noise.

Nel is playing word games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member