Trial Discussion Thread #46 - 14.07.7, Day 37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
N: he never identified what the sound/threat was.

D: He told me he thought it was a burglar.

N: What about the 3rd sound?

D: He told me it was the mag rack.

But which interview did OP tell him all this, the first one before OP testified, or the one after when the Prof asked to see him because he wanted clarification on issues that he could not reconcile with what OP had initially told him?

It's a very very light piece in terms of forensic info. None of the points of contention were raised at all. In many ways it was almost an advert for the Evidence Room. Still, OP's recorded mobility does him no favours.

Neither did the (not) screaming "like a woman".

I think somone's pinched all our thanks buttons. How disconcerting and what a cheek. Give them back!

Prof D says that a person will choose to fight instead of the flight response if he fears the threat will follow him and catch up.
I can kind of understand that if I wasn't already armed with a gun and the threat was safely locked in the toilet.

Hey. Whatever happened to being wrapped up by Tuesday? :floorlaugh:

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Oh dear, guilty as charges. I was the original poster of the video that went viral.......sent it GN's email which I'm unable to disclose. GN got the video & the NPA sent me a reply advising me of this. Once again webslueths got it first before it went viral

No need to cop a plea. There's no charge, just a commendation. :)

Prof D says that a person will choose to fight instead of the flight response if he fears the threat will follow him and catch up.

Like an intruder would follow them, assuming OP would have bothered to take RS with him, if he'd set off the alarm and ducked out the bedroom with his gun.... perhaps at that point firing off a bullet as warning.

where do they go for 5 mins? is there a room there or smoko or something?

The defense wants to first consult with the psychiatrist appointed by the State.

Defence wants to consult with state's Psychiatrist??

Nel is playing word games
Getting the witness to agree that OP, according to what he said to Derman, fired at the sound to nullify the (supposed) threat. You don't think that by extracting that crucial admission (in total contradiction to OP's present claim) that Nel was successfully doing his job, under very difficult conditions ?

You do realise that deliberately firing four times at a sound made by a human being behind a closed door in order to nullify a threat allegedly posed by that human being who is known not to have displayed any aggression is commonly known as murder ?

Roux wants a discussion with Dr kotze.

And Nel says that is a state witness and he doesn't see how Roux can consult her.

Judge says she didn't realise.

Roux insists he can 'sit down with her'. 'It's not your witness'.

Nel: Milady I don't agree - why would defence have right to consult with psych appointed by the state?

where do they go for 5 mins? is there a room there or smoko or something?

It came out one day that Masipa and Co. have to wait in the passage if it's such a short break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GemGemma01