Trial Discussion Thread #46 - 14.07.7, Day 37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
N: He, with intention to kill shot the person behind the door, you want to comment on that?

D: I understand that?

N: Your response has no affect upon his intention on the night. Do you not want to respond?

D: From what I understand, it was his intention to shoot.

Nel sits down, quick!

D: It was his intention to shoot.
Nel has nothing further.

Oldwage will ask a few questions then wants 10 minutes to consider his position.

I can practice my rusty shorthand with slow-going Oldwage. :)

I hope our semantic prof D corrects Oldwage on all his clauses and sub clause sentences.

In my recollection Derman did not recognise that OP on stumps is capable of running as of the proper meaning, i.e. both feet, legs in OP's case, off the ground in each stride. And just now Nel proved that he Derman hadn't recognized this when he saw best to qualify to Derman in a question about OP running as "running in OP's mind", otherwise had he not qualified it we might have been back to the long debate does OP "run" as in proper running or as in OP's disabled way which IMO is not running.
Thanks for confirming my remark G.bng.

The satellites must have turned. Everything ... everything ... is now working perfectly.

I lost track of O's question then, but it gave Prof D a chance to explain about states of anxiety to us, anyhow.

Nel may be trying to get Derman to use the word "screech" to indicate he saw the video?? Or is Nel really trying to push this issue to confirm that Oscar knew he was firing at SOMEONE who made the noise.

He was giving him every opportunity to say he fired at what he thought was the sound of the door opening. Prof D did not pick up on this. He just kept saying the magazine rack.

D explaining the FF response again. 'If one perceives the flight response is going to overwhelm you and flight's not possible, then there is the fight response..'

ten mins.

That was a good way to end it. Oldwage should leave it there. That last answer was basically the sum of Dr D's evidence.

Prof D says that a person will choose to fight instead of the flight response if he fears the threat will follow him and catch up.

Made me wonder if they'd even looked at the evidence!

Mr Roden, IIRC said all the evidence "matched" OP's version but the camera showed only the blood splatter which is something the DT and PT haven't disagreed about in court (and which has caused fierce but stimulating debate on here, lol). There was no mention of all the genuinely contentious issues like Reeva's stomach contents, the ballistics, Reeva's breathing, the shot order etc etc.

It really was a "puff" piece. It's just that with the direction the trial's gone in it's proved damning to OP (IMO).

Uh Oh ... doctor is getting way too frazzled and upset.

[FONT=&amp]Not a good sign for any defense attorney when his expert witness gets agitated and sarcastically starts back answering the prosecutor during his cross examination. On Thursday he was livid with Nel’s persistent line of questioning that forced Masipa to remind him to address the court and not Sir or Mr Nel. As expected Oldwage never bailed him out with any objections, because he had none.This expert is not utilizing his 55+ page CV with finesse, if he really is being truthful in his first ever testimony in any court.[/FONT]

So basically the way I understand what the Prof is saying is, If I am presented with a danger that I cannot get away from ie. a Lion, I will fight as I know the Lion is faster than me?

After Oldwage has finished we're done for closing arguments no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GemGemma01