Trial Discussion Thread #46 - 14.07.7, Day 37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Derman has shown that he isn't unbiased but I don't think his professional creditability or references have been damaged - just his judgement on the relevance of the reference studies he has used to compile his report.

For which he took no notes, ironically, given his fondness for quoting other people's.

See how they showed her as being down cowering behind the toilet in that video, not standing like the forensics have said? I haven't watched the whole thing yet though.

Yes, hard to imagine how they reconciled the locations of the bullet wounds with Reeva in that position behind the toilet!

N: I'm going back to the 3rd startle - the accused never explained to you he heard movement?

D: No.

N: He never explained to you he heard movement?

D: No....I can't remember.

N: If he said he heard movement, you would have remembered that?

D: Yes.

N: So he did not say to you he heard movement in the toilet?

D: I cannot recall.

Oldwage is correct in asking if State will call Dr. Carla. Nell is in truth attempting to testify in her behalf. Nel has to rephrase question.

I don't know whether Nell will call her or not but, at this point, all he needs is her presence. ONLY with a fellow doctor from another specialty sitting there looking Derman straight in the eye will Derman concede that he's not an expert in every single aspect of medicine.

Who goes first for closing?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

I hope Judge Masipa will take into account Professor Derman is now trying to pre-empt where Nel's questions are going.

Nel goes back to the third startle. The accused didn't explain that he heard movement (in the toilet). WD confirms this is so.

You were really interested in the sounds, Nel asks.

Nel: you were focused on the sounds. If he said he heard movement, you'd have remembered? WD: yes.

The sound of movement, that is your focus, Nel asks. WD: Yes

He didn't say he heard movement in the toilet. He never did, confirms WD.

Nel says using the statement "I cannot recall" indicates bias towards OP.

Nel upset with Prof D using I cannot recall> yikes

N:...we can say to this court, 'he never said to me he heard the sound of movement'?

D: Milady, it's a double negative....

N: If you'd focus more on my questions than semantics you might be able understand....

I don't know whether Nell will call her or not but, at this point, all he needs is her presence. ONLY with her sitting there looking Derman straight in the eye will Derman concede that he's not an expert in every single aspect of medicine.

I hope the judge calls all the psychiatric professionals and questions them so we can get to the truth of what they really think

Morning everyone, sorry I'm late to court. I had a flat tire.

So the video hasn't been addressed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member