Trial Discussion Thread #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the cops ever give him an alcohol blood test the night he killed Reeva?

I don't think they did either.

ETA; OOPS

His blood samples are being tested and a source told The Sun: 'Steroid drugs were found at Pistorius’s home together with evidence of heavy drinking. That’s why police have specifically ordered that he be tested for steroids.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ot...use-Reeva-Steenkamp-murder.html#ixzz39TJUtwVi
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

A couple of media reports on his trial testimony said that OP found her phone in the toilet bowl and pulled it out... yuk... in order to use it to call for help. Why would he do such a repulsive thing when he had several phones of his own to use ???

It makes no sense to me whatsoever... which leaves me suspecting this is just another *advertiser censored* 'n bull story of his to explain something away (like all that nonsense about having to "cover the blue light")... but what was it he hoped to "explain away" by making a big deal out of having tried to use RS's phone!?!

He probably thought they'd fingerprint her cell and find his prints all over it, so to cover his behind he made up what he thought was a plausible reason...

SO FUNNY reading old articles. Check out how helpful his father was :

A third possibility is that Pistorius used it to break down the bathroom door. Those close to Pistorius have suggested that he may done so in a bid to ‘save’ his dying girlfriend.
According to this theory, the athlete first shot Miss Steenkamp by accident, whereupon she fled to the bathroom. He then shot at the door lock to try to get in, accidentally killing her.
Pistorius’s father appeared to suggest it is this version that he believes.
While he admitted that he had not talked to his son in detail about what happened, he said he had ‘zero doubt’ that the sportsman thought Miss Steenkamp was an intruder.
A more likely defence from Pistorius is to acknowledge that there was a row but that he did not intend to kill her.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ot...use-Reeva-Steenkamp-murder.html#ixzz39TKZ9bOd
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Over the months that this trial has been going on, there have been a number of questions about South African law that has come up. I just stumbled across this URL ( http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/O...ing-tried-for-murder-in-South-Africa-20140516 ) today that covers many of these questions including

1. Can a witness refuse to take the stand? (Roux's possible reason for appeal)

2. If someone is sentenced to prison but appeals, does he or she still go to prison while the appeal is being heard?

3. On appeal, can witnesses be called again?

4. What are the different types of killing you can be tried for in South Africa?

IIRC it was after they were through at the police station, late morning or early afternoon of the 14th, that they then transported him to a hospital to get tested.

I think we need to keep in mind the context of this, too: at that time, he was still a national hero. Police were accustomed to giving him preferential treatment. Even though Hilton Botha said he thought right away at the scene it was murder, Oscar kept claiming it was a terrible accident, that he thought Reeva was an intruder. I think people genuinely wanted to believe him.

Oscar is typical of many people with alcohol "issues". Sober he appears shy, introverted. Under the influence: Obnoxious and angry.

They did, and both alcohol and steroid tests came back negative (it was read out in court on 3 March).

Saying this though. He could still have had drinks the night before because he must have been tested late morning on 14/2. Not sure how many hours it would take for the alcohol to leave his system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They did, and both alcohol and steroid tests came back negative (it was read out in court on 3 March).

Saying this though. He could still have had drinks the night before because he must have been tested late morning on 14/2. Not sure how many hours it would take for the alcohol to leave his system.

It's interesting though, there were numerous media reports straight after the shooting that there was evidence of 'heavy drinking'. :waitasec:

It's interesting though, there were numerous media reports straight after the shooting that there was evidence of 'heavy drinking'. :waitasec:

I haven't seen anything during the trial showing that. Also, it was said in the media that his trophies were strewn across in the sitting room, but I remember a photo during the trial where the trophy cabinet was pointed out. Nothing was said of them being "out of order".

After shooting OP says he first took Reeva's phone to make the calls but it was locked and so he got his own phone. Didn't he call Clarice first ?
How would he ever call Clarice/standers from Reeva's phone in which their phone number wasn't prob recorded.. I don't think their number was in his memory he even can't remember his own password lol .. So wtf was he doing with her phone ? Imo he either checked it whether to see if she called someone/police
or he checked her phone before shooting because of his suspects or jeaolusy.. Tailoring again and again and again..

That's a truly excellent observation :)

:toastred:

Without exception your body can only process 1 unit of alcohol/hour...............in layman's terms:)

eg..................a large glass of red wine containing 4 units would take 4 hours to get out of your system.:toastred:

edit.
It also takes up to an hour for it to enter your bloodstream which has to be taken into consideration as well.

Apparently his first urine test was "lost" and they had to take a second one - the following afternoon

Apparently his first urine test was "lost" and they had to take a second one - the following afternoon

Well, isn't that convenient. And a lucky break for OP. Wouldn't we all rather take a blood test the following afternoon?

Well an athlete heavy drinker will have a more efficient metabolic rate than the usual mortal so he could be breaking down 2 drinks per hour. So by the afternoon he could have been 0.00 BAC. This could account for his terrible memory on the stand? Just like everything else he could be lying about the booze factor too.
He just lost a major sponsor that day (The bad news he texted her about his meeting at lunch). His boozy party with his mate in the afternoon with his new upwardly mobile friends. He then meets his new upwardly mobile GF and his insecurities start to play on his mood and has a few more before she says something about abuse to women in SA... her speech the next day.
http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Oscar_Pistorius/Oscar-recalls-day-before-shooting-20140408
http://www.heraldlive.co.za/oscar-day-two-of-testimony/

I don't know but given that evidence of blood testing he could have been impaired by energy drinks and booze with a penchant for womanly control, MOO and total speculation but more sense than the bump in the night version.

Well an athlete heavy drinker will have a more efficient metabolic rate than the usual mortal so he could be breaking down 2 drinks per hour. So by the afternoon he could have been 0.00 BAC. This could account for his terrible memory on the stand? Just like everything else he could be lying about the booze factor too.
He just lost a major sponsor that day (The bad news he texted her about his meeting at lunch). His boozy party with his mate in the afternoon with his new upwardly mobile friends. He then meets his new upwardly mobile GF and his insecurities start to play on his mood and has a few more before she says something about abuse to women in SA... her speech the next day.
http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Oscar_Pistorius/Oscar-recalls-day-before-shooting-20140408
http://www.heraldlive.co.za/oscar-day-two-of-testimony/

I don't know but given that evidence of blood testing he could have been impaired by energy drinks and booze with a penchant for womanly control, MOO and total speculation but more sense than the bump in the night version.

BiB… LOL :hilarious:

OP was able to proffer a VERY detailed and comprehensive account of what happened : what he did, when he did it, how did it, why he did it and the surrounding circumstances in which he did it …

… EXCEPT for when it specifically and exclusively addressed elements that contradicted his version or made absolutely no sense whatsoever… then it was the classic "I don't remember".

This CANNOT be the result of alcohol intoxication… it's simply the very common and well-known result of an accused lying his arse off and delivering a completely fabricated version of events… which will always result in unexplainable and unresolvable contradictions.

BiB… LOL :hilarious:

OP was able to proffer a VERY detailed and comprehensive account of what happened : what he did, when he did it, how did it, why he did it and the surrounding circumstances in which he did it …

… EXCEPT for when it specifically and exclusively addressed elements that contradicted his version or made absolutely no sense whatsoever… then it was the classic "I don't remember".

This CANNOT be the result of alcohol intoxication… it's simply the very common and well-known result of an accused lying his arse off and delivering a completely fabricated version of events… which will always result in unexplainable and unresolvable contradictions.

Really apologies I'm just at the end of this trial and clutching at straws. It's all his evidence except for the neighbours etc. MOO

Really apologies I'm just at the end of this trial and clutching at straws. It's all his evidence except for the neighbours etc. MOO

No worries… I totally get what you mean… it's frustrating that the only story we have is OP's story.

But I believe OP's testimony has contributed GREATLY in proving OP's guilt on the murder charge and the 3 other minor gun charges.

No worries… I totally get what you mean… it's frustrating that the only story we have is OP's story.

But I believe OP's testimony has contributed GREATLY in proving OP's guilt on the murder charge and the 3 other minor gun charges.

Of course he screwed his defence and answered "yes,no, i don't know milady".
He changed his defense because of his multiple versions after Gerrie examined him.
I can't see how he gets away and i want justice to prevail.:l:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member