Trial Discussion Thread #5 - 14.03.11-12, Day 7-8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
did the owners wife ask you about the noise?? when did she come to you?

Darrin ... exact time period.. cant remember, but about a minute..

this just isn't working for Roux.. it has bogged down and going in circles, and Darrin isn't going to take on board Roux's theory..

Oscar wants Darrin to take the blame for making him, Oscar, ask Darrin would Darrin take the blame for Oscar,.......

Roux.. under Oscars instruction, wants Darrin to deny that Oscar asked him to take the blame for the firing..

Darrin is offended that he could be accused of wearing track suit pants.. he was wearing shorts. he never wears tracksuit pants.. it was the middle of summer. .

denies vehemently rejects that he said the gun got caught in track suit pants..

This is slippery. Roux is trying to trap Fresco into saying he's followed proceedings - throwing his testimony into question. Fresco remains firm he's seen/heard coverage, mostly unintentionally, but hasn't been intentionally following the trial.

Roux eventually drops it to go back to how close their heads could be. Fresco is showing signs of stress - he sounds really irked by Roux.

Edit: According to media tweets, it sounds as if he did admit to following trial on twitter.

Hi all,

New to the thread but been following the trial. I have to say I am very doubtful that OP will be convicted. Not enough here (yet at least) to prove anything at all beyond reasonable doubt, IMO.

I know that will not be a popular first-post-in-thread post but JMO of course

Happy to post Twitter updates as they happen as I am at work and can be constantly refreshing. I follow @AlexCrawfordSky.

eta; big mistake on fresco's part to admit to following social media. huge.

Phillip de Wet @phillipdewet · 3m ago
Three words from Fresco: "I saw that." Which led to admission that he's seen reports on #OscarPistorius trial. A rather big no-no.

Fairly uneventful day all round...think Fresco will be discredited. IMO JMO.

3:00pm court is adjourned. Bed time for South Africans :seeya:

Fairly uneventful day all round...think Fresco will be discredited. IMO JMO.

on what particular part, Grace??? that is.. which part of his testimony do you think discredits him.??

Adjourned until 9.30 tomorrow. :) (7.30 UK)

The one thing this trial has taught me...never, ever make a statement to police without first conferring with a defence attorney on what it *should* say. You just can't make this stuff up.

I think it was fairly nailed down that Oscar fired the shot in the restaurant. and in the car.. the shot in the restaurant out of idiocy, the shot in the car for no damn reason whatsoever..although Samantha believed that shot in the car was in anger and irritation.

the state is laying out that Oscar fires a gun for many reasons not just the one he admits to as to when he is in 'deep terror' at the suspicion of an intruder..

Oscar fires a gun whenever he feels like it.. as the state shows..

I'm also confused as to why this would discredit him... haven't been following the live coverage, only the tweets - but to me he came across as a bit of an irresponsible guy who actually told the truth as far as he saw/remembered it... he admitted to following some of the trial, but I would say that is simply an honest admission, since the coverage of it is everywhere and you'd have to be in a bubble not to!

Hi all,

New to the thread but been following the trial. I have to say I am very doubtful that OP will be convicted. Not enough here (yet at least) to prove anything at all beyond reasonable doubt, IMO.

Happy to post Twitter updates as they happen as I am at work and can be constantly refreshing. I follow @AlexCrawfordSky.

Wy is it huge? Darren's testimony has nothing to with the murder, only Oscar's concern for his public image and his carelessness with guns, as well as his well-documented anger problems. It means nothing in the bigger picture if he saw or read about certain proceedings and his testimony is discredited. He's only one witness. Kevin Lerena has corroborated his version of events, as well. This admission does not discredit his entire testimony, IMO.

on what particular part, Grace??? that is.. which part of his testimony do you think discredits him.??

- Many inconsistencies
- Backtracking
- He has admitted to following social media around the case

Whilst he may not be officially discredited and cast off as a witness, I doubt his testimony will hold much weight when Judge Masipa comes to her verdict.

:twocents:

Hi all,

New to the thread but been following the trial. I have to say I am very doubtful that OP will be convicted.
Not enough here (yet at least) to prove anything at all beyond reasonable doubt, IMO.

BBM - I think the numerous witness accounts of a woman screaming, and a pathologist who claims Reeva would have been able to scream after the first shots, proves beyond a 'reasonable' doubt that OP's account of Reeva being entirely mute throughout the whole event is an absolute lie. He can never admit she made a sound otherwise he'd have to admit he knew who he was shooting, and that's never going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CurlyClue