Trial Discussion Thread #51 - 14.11.9, Day 41 ~announcement of the verdict~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does that mean it's now down to did he kill a person behind the door rather than Reeva specifically?

I think she is going to let him off the hook on murder, too....

Sorry, my computer is playing up or we're overloaded! This was a double post..but what a break, tense...just before we see if Judge disregards eventualis...

did OP have intention to kill who was behind the door, so Masipa accepted OP didn't know it was Reeva.

That's the big one out of the way, not guilty count 1. now for the rest..

"The simple conclusion is that the accused did not intend to kill the deceased. Let alone with premeditation. I am here talking about direct intention. The State has not proved beyond reasonable doubt premeditation murder."

Now Judge talks about error in persona or...oh a 5min break!

Aberante ictus being discussed on whoop whoop... he said he doesn't know much about it!!! as he didn't research as not part of law now

there wasn't enough evidence to prove premeditation, but it sounds like culpable homicide.

"The simple conclusion is that the accused did not intend to kill the deceased. Let alone with premeditation. I am here talking about direct intention. The State has not proved beyond reasonable doubt premeditation murder."

Now Judge talks about error in persona or...oh a 5min break!

Well - she was heading in this direction with the dismissal of the ear witness testimony.

Murder is still on the cards.

Judge seemed to be about to say Nel was wrong about his "even if he didn't know it was RS, he knew it was a person" argument .... that "transferred malice" isn't the law in SA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaexo21