Trial Discussion Thread #51 - 14.11.9, Day 41 ~announcement of the verdict~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
J Saying how it's interesting how defense introduced call records/timelines but it was defense that analyzed them.

Relying on phone records (as I said she would). Glad that the Judge has put emotional reactions to one side and is analysing the cold hard evidence. Still suspect she will find him guilty of murder (evenualis) but finally the weak prosecution case is being subjected to objective scrutiny.

I think she is going to give him a pass for being 'disabled' and thus, scared. He is walking away free, imo.

It is a possibility but IMO CH is much more likely because of the 4 shots albeit with mitigation and Reeva's parents agreement, which they may not concede to but then they may because this must be a great relief to them as no parent would want to die thinking their daughter died in the terror and pain as described by some witnesses, his sentence could be suspended.

Enjoy the remainder of the reading WS Friends.
I have heard enough and won't be losing anymore sleep over this, so back to bed for me at 2:30 a.m.

That is possible, but that will be an absolutely travesty .. Reeva, and her friends and family, deserve the truth about what happened that night, and it should be officially acknowledged and recorded that she was killed in a domestic violence situation, which is what it most definitely was.

I can't listed to any more of this .. it's disgusting .. I'm switching my feed off now.

It's heartbreaking. I can't believe she has been taken in by all this!

Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 21s
#OscarTrial Masipa: said this chronology will prove useful in establishing whether the accused showed intent and premeditation.

So judge believes shots were fired at 3:00 and OP screamed for 15 min., then called Stander?

I feel like she used no common sense in assessing this first part, like she couldn't see the forest for the trees.
Someone wrote she may be a Pistorian. There may also have been pressure on her to find him not guilt of dolls directs. That kind of pressure and influence is REAL.

No matter what happens here.
OP killed Reeva.
Because of him she is dead.
He is guilty of that....It is now just the degree of how guilty.
I still think he will get time.
:jail:

He will never be the same after this no matter what. He will never live it down. Even if he was innocent as he states and it was an accident. (I still can't be 100% certain, although the little I heard of his testimony seemed mostly contrived and not that credible to me).

Is this over until tomorow or just a few minutes?

And if an accident, how does the judge explain away the fighting?

Court adjourned. Did she say two mins?! Or ten. Two isn't enough to... Y'know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What was the reasoning behind the adjournment??

Oscar Trial Channel @OscarTrial199 ·

Masipa says timeline will help court see whether state proved beyond reasonable doubt whether the accused had premeditation.

I think so far she has only made findings that go against murder/premeditated murder. That doesn't rule out culpable homicide, which is what I think the state should have charged him with in the first place.

Y'all hear that chatter on the live feed?

Uncle Arnold looks terrible. Maybe this and accident of the brother just too much. Perhaps also working on things behind the scenes.

It was the multiple shots, with pause in between that convinced me. I just cannot imagine he could not identify her voice, after the first shot. Maybe I got the time line wrong, idk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member