Trial Discussion Thread #51 - 14.11.9, Day 41 ~announcement of the verdict~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure they do. But I think it's ignorant to think we know more than an experienced judge, who just weeks ago, this board was praising for her firm and tough decisions with confidence she'd do the same to OP. Maybe people should actually listen to what she's saying instead of cherry picking.

I agree with her ruling against dolus directus (premeditated murder) based on the lack of evidence that failed to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

I disagree with her ruling against dolus eventualis (murder) because I believe that any reasonable person would know that shooting 4 rounds through a door (into a tiny cubicle) would have a very high probability of killing someone.

I totally agree with all the above...well put and believe me we are in the majority from what I have seen on social media. Also my uncle is a judge here in Australia, my brother and father policemen, and two of my cousins are lawyers and ALL can not believe this ruling and think it is a disgrace........especially since she recently gave a sentence of 250 something years to a black man that killed his wife.

So what this is telling the world: if you kill someone in a fit of rage, or even not in a rage......make sure there aren't any witnesses, make up a story, and if there is any little bit of DOUBT, forget the reasonable part, then a good lawyer will get you off......if not just cry and tug at the heart strings of the freakin do gooder brigade....................I am disguisted.................shoots 4 times at someone through a door and gets away with it!!!!!!!!!! absolutely ridiculous....

And be a rich celebrity white man in Africa... don't forget that key component

Nel really doesn't look happy, and has not from the time court was first in session today. He must already have known... I want to know what he's drawing on his notepad!

Despite what I posted earlier about the State not being able to appeal a conviction (which is in their Constitution so maybe the law has changed), I've heard Ulrich Roux say a couple of days ago and just this minute heard David Dadic say they can. Dadic feels there was enough for dolus eventualis, as did the majority of "legal experts". Who knows where this going.

andrew harding
VerifiedTwitter_Icon.png
@BBCAndrewH
RetweetIcon.gif
Retweeted by
twitter_bird.png
No sign of Judge returning... an unexpected, unexplained delay in proceedings. #OscarPistorius

Hope to heaven Judge hasn't been taken ill. She looks a little frail physically.

I agree with her ruling against dolus directus (premeditated murder) based on the lack of evidence that proved it beyond a reasonable doubt.

I disagree with her ruling against dolus eventualis (murder) because I believe that any reasonable person would know that shooting 4 rounds through a door would have a very high probability of killing someone.

But I believe she thinks in the moment he was not intending to kill, only to shoot them. And, most importantly, she feels he did not intend to kill Reeva.

There are experts in this forum. Some believe he's guilty others believe the judge got it right.

And then there are the great unwashed here, armed only with our common sense, who know this result is clearly wrong, even if perhaps technically legal.

We have popped up in a number of cases in a number of different ways.

Hope to heaven Judge hasn't been taken ill. She looks a little frail physically.

She did look a bit weary even drinking her drink. Was almost like she could barely lift it to drink from the glass.

Morning Everyone

I meant to be in court on time again but the dog forgot to set my alarm. Somewhat stunned at the reasoning in the verdict so far. Looks like I'm glad I got more beauty sleep. With this news I think it's a good time to go take a shower.

The seal is back up (I feel like a parrot lol).

Wonder what the delay is all about.

"Oh, bugger...I was reading the wrong judgement"?

:)

Not everyone was praising her - personally speaking, I've always had my doubts about her competence. I think quite a few of us have expressed concerns prior to today.

Same here, I've been quite astonished by some of the questions she has asked throughout the course of the trial, and they led me to think that she simply had not 'got' it, and it's become quite obvious now that she hadn't.

I know the verdict hasn't been delivered yet, but quite frankly it's obvious now what it's going to be and I'm too disgusted for words.

IIRC Judge Greenland was the main proponent of televising this trial - the first time in SA. No wonder he's aghast so far. I think culpable homicide is still on the table + the gun charges. Keep hope alive ...

What is disappointing is not that Oscar won't get DD or DE etc, but the kind of reasoning used by the judge. So from that perspective, there is no `hope' left really.

Nel really doesn't look happy, and has not from the time court was first in session today. He must already have known... I want to know what he's drawing on his notepad!

He's writing "Don't look up or m'lady will see my disgusted face" 1000x.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay