Trial Discussion Thread #51 - 14.11.9, Day 41 ~announcement of the verdict~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just got back in, are we in session? Can't get my feed up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Didn't catch the professors name on Oscar radio, but they are saying that he has said that the judge has made a mistake in her interpretation of the law, especially surrounding that he couldn't perceive he could kill the person behind the door.

Can she change her mind?

Did Judge Greenland explain why he believes it was problematical?

And then there are the great unwashed here, armed only with our common sense, who know this result is clearly wrong, even if perhaps technically legal.

He's being tried in a court of law, so yes, legal technicalities are all that's relevant. Beyond that, my common sense tells me a different story than your common sense. Which is why law trumps over the anarchy of common sense.

Didn't catch the professors name on Oscar radio, but they are saying that he has said that the judge has made a mistake in her interpretation of the law, especially surrounding that he couldn't perceive he could kill the person behind the door.
Yes Professor Tuson.

We. Told. You. All of us "Oscar supporters". The evidence has NEVER supported what the majority on this forum concluded. Ever. You should have spent less time telling us we were weak minded and more time finding empathy and understanding human behaviour.

Unfortunately if you listen to the lawyers discussing this you will know the highest professor in SA has actually stated she is wrong on points of law. So what next.

No need. The judge has already proven my logic was sound all along.

This isn't about people's egos on here, and trying to prove whether they as individuals are right or wrong .. this trial is about getting justice for Reeva, you know, that poor girl who was shot to smithereens behind a toilet door by her 'loving' boyfriend .. remember her?

Is it possible this is where she's heading and he gets off completely?? No joke?

Is it me or her body language has been a bit nervous, the way she keeps drinking water? She even misread the word toilet 'bowl' for 'bowel'. Could it be possible just as some people here predicted all along that her verdict has been paid for? This is crazy.

BBM Yes, she misread several times but I observed that already during the trial. My impression was that she is not a very good reader. I may be wrong as my mothertongue is german.

Agreed.

[modsnip]

I think the Pistorians on this thread have been wrong all along, and nothing I heard this morning changes my opinion. We merely need to add another wrong person to the list...Masipa. But in her case, it's inexcusable that she's applied the law wrongly. Inexcusable.

Totally agree with you, LM.

Unbelievable. He should get culpable homicide, IMO. If he walks free, that will be a shameful outcome. Terrible.

James Grant seems to be baffled by Masipas reasoning in regard Eventualis.

OJ Simpson.

Amanda Knox.

Pistorius.

Every single televised trial shows how corrupt or just plain stupid the justice system is, maybe i should stop hoping justice actually works.

She got it right.

So, you've convinced yourself that he didn't intend to kill anyone? No one at all?

He shot four times, in full knowledge of his actions, capable of knowing right from wrong) but didn't intend to kill anyone?

Because that is the issue. And you don't seem to get it.

Yes, I agree with her (legally speaking) the evidence that he intended to kill Reeva was problematic and she couldn't find that.

The State expected as much by making it clear that, even in that event, it is still murder because his actions showed that he wanted to kill someone....the person he KNEW was behind the door.

Masipa has not addressed this. At all. And this was the mistake. Because guess what, MeeBee - it's illegal to intentionally kill intruders too, not if they don't pose an immediate risk, and certainly not if you had other ways of dealing with the situation (like escaping through the bedroom door).

That she did not even address this facet suggests that she has made a tremendous error.

Hope that's clearer.

OJ Simpson.

Amanda Knox.

Pistorius.

Every single televised trial shows how corrupt or just plain stupid the justice system is, maybe i should stop hoping justice actually works.

Zimmerman as well.

If anything, this is just proving again that you can set the stage and let the law do the work and quite literally get away with murder.

Well, judge's papers but not judge came into court, and now defense and pros called into her chambers, with Nel looking grim and unhapoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper