Trial Discussion Thread #55 - 14.14.10, Day 44 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:laughing:
I don't know... his head just dropped even lower! Wonder if the ol' boy is snoring?

Edit: Ok, he just moved! Looks like he's doodling something on a tablet.. lol

Edit: I'm getting sick of looking at Masipa's insipid face..

I thought I heard that too but I thought they hadn't taken any money from OP as yet!

*confused*

I was thinking maybe they did accept money before the trial began (on their lawyer's advice) but think Nel could have told them not to take it if he's planning to appeal the verdict and so that's where the confusion has arisen as to whether they accepted or rejected it?

Karyn Maughan @karynmaughan
Follow
Vergeer recommended that "Sunday Rapist" Jaco Steyn get correctional supervision for sexually assaulting 3 teen girls..@eNCAnews
2:43 PM - 14 Oct 2014

Nel wants to know if expert comes to court and proves her opinions about jail conditions, wld she admit she's wrong, change her mind about OP coping?

Roux objects. Judge sustains. Nel must be more specific about which jail conditions.

AV: I think there are circumstances that differentiate him from any other person.

But...but...but... he's 'vulnerable' out on the SA streets! He'd probably be safer inside a prison after this sentencing fiasco.

Long pause. Witness not sure were 'we are' in the report.

Barry Bateman ‏@barrybateman 46s46 seconds ago
#OscarTrial it’s quite clear that Nel will call a correctional services official to confirm that a prison is ready to welcome Pistorius. BB

.. so there are no other disabled people in prison then? (they've already said earlier that there are.. and that OP is no different) .. going through this whole argument again.

I have to say I think judge should stop this, it's going round and round. The points have been well made by Nel.

Karyn Maughan @karynmaughan

Vergeer recommended that "Sunday Rapist" Jaco Steyn get correctional supervision for sexually assaulting 3 teen girls..@eNCAnews
11:43 PM - 14 Oct 2014

N: I fail to see what rehabilitation you're talking about.

AV lists in general terms what rehab consists of.

Nel points out this applies to all prisoners and witness appears to contradict what she just said, says each case individual?

Nel tells Annette Vergeer that the prosecution will be calling a witness from Correctional Services to dispute her negative account of the conditions in South African prisons.

Witness squeaking again. what she's saying makes it appear she does not believe in putting ppl in jail at all.

Nel asks Vergeer if she would change her mind about the unsuitability of a prison sentence for Oscar Pistorius if it were proved that a prison could cater for a disabled individual.

“No,” replies Vergeer, who says Pistorius is “vulnerable”.

Nel asking for tea, or break for the day?

Adjourned until 9.30 am tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member