Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
N: What wld a global cell mean?

AV: 38, 48.....

And Nel catches her talking about awaiting trial prisoners again, and she snickers and he is nailing her on that.

N: Do you think that's appropriate? This is seriousness.

AV: If I offended you, I must apologize

N: You'll never offend me.

June is usually quite expressionless, containing her emotions, but she looks absolutely exasperated by this.

I wonder if she - like Dixon - has crossed paths previously in a courtroom with Nel? I think they have.

I think everyone needs to prepare themselves for OP not getting any jail time whatsoever.

This judge is not going to put his butt in prison, that's my prediction.

He'll be fined, slapped on the wrist, maybe have weapons taken away from him, but prison time is, IMO, not something she will give him. He is S.A's "national treasure," and they are not going to give him the kind of punishment they would anyone else. She'll rationalize a reason why he only deserves a fine but no jail time. She'll use his disability and emotional state and just how sorry he feels as reasoning points.

I even doubt he'll lose his weapons - I have that low of an opinion of this judge and of this court.

Nel gets witness to agree OP could be kept in single cell, with facilities. She adds though, that 'there's only a basin'.

Nel making point that most of what she said, she has just heard from other people, about prison conditions.

Nel taking a sneak peak at something that appeared to be a mobile phone before hiding it back under his lectern.

I wonder if she - like Dixon - has crossed paths previously in a courtroom with Nel? I think they have.

Just been confirmed that he's seen previous reports by her, good call.

N: You said accused can keep on working and be good member of society?

AV: That's a factor....

N: If this was a normal case the fact the person doesn't have a job, wld it bother you?

AV:.....it's only one factor...

Ha, Nel points out in her other reports she has stressed the importance of accused person having a job. Witness backtracks and says each case is individual etc,

AV: You don't look at just one factor, look at totality, see if person poses further risk?

N: So you're saying if a person doesn't have a job, you're happy to recommend correctional supervision?

Witness doesn't really answer, says it's up to court.

She's laughing again.

Far from it lol He looks disinterested because he knows he's not going to jail. He's so confident he even arrived at court without his normal security posse

I don't know... his head just dropped even lower! Wonder if the ol' boy is snoring?

Edit: Ok, he just moved! Looks like he's doodling something on a tablet.. lol

Edit: I'm getting sick of looking at Masipa's insipid face..

AV: For this witness there are prospects available...

N: I've been asking you three times what job options you discussed with OP...

AV: He said he was looking at options

AV says OP cannot decide his job options until he knows what his sentence is. Nel says she's going round in circles.

Witness just listed load of 'you cannot do' s' to Nel.

I wonder how much OP's sketches will go for on ebay while he's trying to earn money to pay back his uncle for paying his fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734