Trial Discussion Thread #55 - 14.14.10, Day 44 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nel questioning re the monthly payments. Witness can't elaborate on that.

June Steekamp shaking her head quite angrily at this stuff about payments.

So Nel is now establishing that OP does have funds (re money to Steenkamps) and is not broke.

Barry Bateman @barrybateman · 27s 28 seconds ago
#OscarTrial Nel says he will call someone from correctional services to contest the contents of her report. BB

AV: I used to work within prison environment....I consult with prison wardens...

(Nel asked about where she got prison condition info from. Says he's going to call prison official who is upset by her evidence. Gets her to reveal her first hand knowledge of prison ten years ago)

Wouldn't you just love to browse Nel's notes?!!!

N: The only thing you can confirm is what's going on in Joburg prison?

AV: No, I know about many prisons...

Nel saying the hospital prison section she visited totally different from normal ones. Kroekenstal prison?

I think everyone needs to prepare themselves for OP not getting any jail time whatsoever.

This judge is not going to put his butt in prison, that's my prediction.

He'll be fined, slapped on the wrist, maybe have weapons taken away from him, but prison time is, IMO, not something she will give him. He is S.A's "national treasure," and they are not going to give him the kind of punishment they would anyone else. She'll rationalize a reason why he only deserves a fine but no jail time. She'll use his disability and emotional state and just how sorry he feels as reasoning points.

N: Why would you come to court and say no prison cld accomodate the accused if you don't know?

AV: I don't think I said exactly that

Witness now listing reasons facilities unsuitable, cement flrs etc

Didn't she say disability shouldn't be taken into account when sentencing yet she seems to be using that for many excuses why he shouldn't go to prison.

Yes she did! Incredible isn't it?

Her voice has now lost a lot of its belligerence and has gone all 'poor me'

N: Are you talking about conditions for awaiting trial, or prisoners sentenced?...Global, open cells, are you sure?

Shaking of the heads from a few on the Steenkamp side now as OP passes a note to the DT.

It's some small consolation that OP must be hating all this talk of prisons and prisoners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l