Trial Discussion Thread #55 - 14.14.10, Day 44 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AV: Some people in the community wld consider community supervision a light sentence...

I really, really don't like the idea of the defence being able to pick their own probation officer. In the UK, they are officers of the court and get assigned cases on that basis.

I can just imagine the discussion at Chez Roux....."Brian - who is the most wishy washy liberal probation officer you've ever heard of? "Well, there's that woman who didn't think Jub Jub should go to prison". "Perfect. Book her".

Beyond belief.

I'm getting sick now of these defence experts saying he has accepted responsibility.

• He has not accepted responsibility for his crime.
  • He pleaded not guilty and denied criminal responsibility (for culpable homicide also).
  • He attempted a defence of involuntary action.
  • He was found by the court to have been dishonest and deceitful in his explanation of why he fired the shots and what his intentions were.
  • How can it get worse than that in terms of accepting responsibility?
I hope Nel brings up some of these points. OP's strategy was to deny deny deny. Hell, the gun in Tasha's went off by itself.

Roux asks her about cleaning and suggests working with children. Of course he doesn't want OP cleaning. She says taking him away from something he's used to and doing other types of work is a punishment.

Jeez, doesn't this woman believe in breathing while reading

And there it goes! I said yesterday OP would try to wriggle out of the cleaning bit, and Roux has just asked if he can be excused that! Wrk with kids instead!

Could someone please pass me the green bucket?? :puke:

This sounds like Henzen tu-Toit herself wrote it.

.. absolutely .. something really stinks here ..

This is a woman who has said that she attends numerous court cases every month, presenting reports recommending sentences .. are you telling me that she says exactly the same thing about all other killers, and that they are better off being rehabilitated within the community? Bllx she does .. the rest of em will just get chucked in prison for years on end .. she is gearing this one specifically to Pistorius himself and is therefore completely biased.

Is she saying he should stay in SA and not go to Mozambique?

And now this social worker seems to be agreeing that yes, 'it wld mean so much' to some kids' if OP could go talk to them, instead of cleaning.

Jeez, doesn't this woman believe in breathing while reading

And there it goes! I said yesterday OP would try to wriggle out of the cleaning bit, and Roux has just asked if he can be excused that! Wrk with kids instead!

:facepalm:

.. these kids do not want a vile killer working with them!

What TF is the matter with this lot???

Roux wanting his big fat cake and eat it too?!?! Even cleaning 16 hours a month doesn't suit Sir Oscar........ We all do that per week in the house for goodness sake

I don't thiink Nel's going to make much headway with CE of this woman. She knows her role and knows how to put across her points.

Well a couple of people have replied to Bateman's tweets saying 'I wouldn't want him anywhere near my children'.

I hope they have the decency to ask the parents of these children whether they want a CONVICTED KILLER anywhere near them.

Just when you think this farcical excuse for a court case can't get any worse...."Please can he be excused from cleaning"

:mad: :mad: :mad:

(Xposted with everyone!)

AV is now listing how the punishments should benefit OP: 'Accused understands if he does not comply he'll be brought back to court....it will help him become more responsible.....

The report recommends supervision, house arrest, she reads.

AV: Custodial not suitable for the accused....

she mentioned sodomy in prison as one of the reasons it's not suitable for Oscar.

Roux wanting his big fat cake and eat it too?!?! Even cleaning 16 hours a month doesn't suit Sir Oscar........ We all do that per week in the house for goodness sake

The Pistorii have maids for that stuff.

The only sane people in the courtroom are Reevas Family and the prosecution team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noizewarr