Trial Discussion Thread #58 - 14.17.10, Day 47 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking Nel will speak about the common sense aspects of how RS was killed. He will bring home facts of OPs crime that have nothing to do with poor poor OP being a victim.

This guy (OP)..... He is still not in prison yet?......what kinda world is this?

Lost WS again.

Roux set out why hospital, full of people with 'disease and ailments' isn't suitable for OP either: 'And for how long would he have to be there?'

Constraints on his movement would be enough because he never meant to shoot Reeva.

Has Roux addressed the gun discharge in Tasha's restaurant at all? Keep losing WS and Sky news keeps taking bliddy ad breaks.....(how very dare they!!!)

My goodness WS is slow tonight. I've been waiting minutes for posts to come on, and I can't refresh either.

Roux: ".. that he thought she was in the bathroom .. oops .. erm .. bedroom!" LOL, great Freudian slip there!

My husband has a t-shirt that has "Me....Me....Me" on the front of it, I must post it off to Oscar

My husband has a t-shirt that has "Me....Me....Me" on the front of it, Oscar really needs one

Roux referenced a book by Terre Blanche? Now thumbing thru pages rapidly and saying 'we've dealt with that' and now onto another case comparison.

Also, previously, he explained why OP having special treatment in hospital would not work either because 'What would that do to him?'

"The money could be used for the good of the community" so now they are recommending how the Steenkamps should use it?

Emotions, grief etc are VERY different to remorse for the crime. All of that, even if genuine, is irrelevant because...

...OP denied the crime of culp hom, and was found to have lied to the court about it.

That he 'accepts it now' is convenient.

Roux now saying how OP's offer of a personal apology is proof of his real remorse. Also explained how he wrote apology and gave it to Steenkamp's lawyer De bruyn, but he feelt it was not the right time.

Makes a final plea for community service, sits down then pops up to quote someone who wrote comm service should always be considered for disabled ppl.

Nel up.

I'm pretty sure he can't sue the State - every acquitted accused would be suing if that was possible.

And even if he could, he wouldn't. All the evidence (and any new stuff) would be rehashed again in a civil court which has a lower standard than the criminal.

Remember OJ? Not guilty in criminal court, guilty in civil court.
Thanks Lemon.

I suspect OP is about to show some emotion very soon...anger towards Nel.

Rox talks about 'Ubuntu' - wikipedia (sorry)

A Nguni Bantu term roughly translating to "human kindness." It is an idea from the Southern African region which means literally "human-ness," and is often translated as "humanity toward others," but is often used in a more philosophical sense to mean "the belief in a universal bond of sharing that connects all humanity".

Roux also talked about a hilarious deep-throat story - he was on a train station and a anonymous lawyer somehow slipped him the name of an amazing lawbook he keeps on quoting for Pistoirus.

Roux says Pistorius must: "To do something to make it right, at least it's genuine and positive effort. I want to do something good to the community...Please state it [community non-custodial punishment], allocate it and give it to a good cause...But with the necessary compassion, with serious regard to a community sentence, a community based justice. It's not a healing process..." but it's to heal us all. *violins*

WTH..this trial...we've gone into Pistorius-bermuda triangle of movie-delusion!

Emotions, grief etc are VERY different to remorse for the crime. All of that, even if genuine, is irrelevant because...

...OP denied the crime of culp hom, and was found to have lied to the court about it.

That he 'accepts it now' is convenient.

That's exactly right.

How dare he say he accepts/respects the court's finding when he pleaded not guilty to everything.

Oooh .. OP looking up now, glaring at Nel giving him the evil eye!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l