Trial Discussion Thread #58 - 14.17.10, Day 47 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nel is referring to the "offer of settlement, not gift, don't tell people. The offer was between judgment and sentence.

My husband has a t-shirt that has "Me....Me....Me" on the front of it, Oscar really needs one

Roxanne is shaking her head. She's a real piece of work, rude and arrogant.

Websleuths absolutely crawling for me today too. No Oscar Radio again either and due to Sky News' continual ad breaks I can only be thankful for enca.com!

Nel doing very well so far - flowing, strong and emotional!

offer --------------- hmmmm
Nel is discussing this ............. a settlement
wasn't last year
between conviction and sentencing
part of the claim of 6000 rand a month against civil suit
the offer is negative acc to Nel -in my submission the timing cannot be explained otherwise 2 weeks before sentencing?

Nel refers to the offer of settlement ... why 2 weeks before starting the sentencing. Why not earlier, why not later. The offer is nothing but an attempt to influence sentence.

to influence the sentence acc to Nel.........................

June referred to it as blood money. And correctly so IMO.

Am really struggling to make posts so way behind.

Nel opened with society being at stake now. That OP's been given every benefit of doubt and all been taken into account. That it is time to think about the deceased now. And he moves onto Kim's testimony, using it to contrast with Roux's understanding comment about parents who lose a child. Says she implored court to imprison OP.

And now Nel moves onto money to Steen Kamp: 'It was an OFFER. That's the key word; it was an offer, not a gift....when I first heard of this it saddened me, that a family got to such a position, they had to accept this......the timing of this release of this info cannot be a coincidence. Why not later? The offer is nothing but an attempt to influence sentence.

And then quotes something that states money cannot be used as a cheap offer to buy off justice. Mentions June called it blood money.

Nel is doing good ..slowly explaining to the judge each point ..cos i think she wont get anything unless its slowly delivered

While Nel speaks, Masipa leans back in her chair and crosses her arms.

While Roux spoke, she leaned forward, chin on hand.

She's already decided.

Oscar is walking.

Oh my goodness Mr Nel you are absolutely brilliant , no Uriah Heap type, sweaty hand grovelling to Mylady here !!

Re Kim Martin's evidence, Reeva's father said he wished he could do it, but he couldn't. "The pain was is too much and I'll lose it".

N: The interests of the victims are important and should be taken into account.....we heard about them wishing to be neutral but how much pain, trauma, grief do you have to go through to get to that stage? And then we look at Kim's evidence; Mr Steenkamp said to her go for it, I'd do it but I'd lose it...

N: I'll get to remorse...when accused start off with heads, they start with mercy....but we have to understand...the mercy's undeserved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l