Trial Discussion Thread #58 - 14.17.10, Day 47 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
R: Some of media, ably assisted by social media started speculating how he 'crushed her head' with a cricket bat......never, ever in any country have I seen an unfair attack (think he meant to say 'such as' then)

Gosh, yes .. coz that's sooo much worse than him having blasted Reeva to bits with 3 black talon bullets, isn't it? :facepalm:

Did you just see the look of disgust on June's face? I don't know she can bear this, and OP is the victim here.

Roux said that court must look away from 'traditional punishments' and look twrds restorative and rehabilitation. Court must be careful not to get 'trapped in a mindset'.

Is now - although he says this case 'uniquely tragic' - quoting case law from case he thinks can be compared; State v Warren Foster et al.

Masipa, head on hand, looks positively ENTRANCED with Roux's oratory.

" He has lost EVERYTHING My Lady...All of his sponsors are gone, ALL of his money gone, sold his last asset, his car, and cannot pay his legal bills..."

So there is SOME good News then....:wink:

Poor little baby!! Gah someone tell him to stop bawling - interesting that he's crying when Roux is talking about him. These might be genuine tears - it's the only person he cares about.

Good morning/afternoon/evening :)

Nearly slept in today :eek:

Noticed OP using an extra, extra large handkerchief just now. The OP pity party is in full swing!

...and wielding it with a flourish, rather like a bullfighter!

This is the case where OP got his story from IMO.

Barry Steenkamp looks totally defeated. Doesn't look like he had much sleep either.

I have no idea how they are managing to sit there and listen to this rubbish. I'm fumming on their behalf!

When Roux brings up previous cases where people have escaped a custodial sentence, he should also point out if there had been a prior history of bad behaviour, as in OP's case.

R now talking about another case, Mr Mudingay???

R: After he had fired three shots (into bthroom) he realised it was his wife...court agreed sentence shld be 8 years, with 5 suspended

A factor to be taken into account is he's 27 years old and doesn't have the wisdom that one acquires with age.

I think I have a better chance of getting ebola than OP serving any time in jail..... and I'm a hermit.

Good morning/afternoon/evening :)

Nearly slept in today :eek:

Noticed OP using an extra, extra large handkerchief just now. The OP pity party is in full swing!
Haha. I noticed that! He doesn't want anyone to accidentally miss it.

Can it really be possible someone convicted of culpable homicide not even go to jail?

The South African who shot his 6 months pregnant wife in the middle of the night was convicted of CH but didn't go to jail albeit he did get 8 years suspended sentence. And I've just realised Roux is talking and reading about that case right now, Mdunge was the name. And two others, Visaje and a man who shot his 8 year old daughter were never charged.

R:...he's (OP) 27 years old...it's relatively young, you don't have all the wisdom you have later on....I've dealt with his disability, I won't go into that.....he was going to rise, he was an icon

Talking about all OP has lost in terms of property and cash now. 'He's down and out and broken.'

Roux: He's broke and broken. There's nothing left....

Well, 3 squares a day in prison mate, chin up :)

He's lost his moveable property, immoveable property, his sponsors, he's lost everything, he's broken. But it's far worse than this.

A factor to be taken into account is he's 27 years old and doesn't have the wisdom that one acquires with age.

At what age do we normally acquire the wisdom not to shoot at someone four times?

The South African who shot his 6 months pregnant wife in the middle of the night was convicted of CH but didn't go to jail albeit he did get 8 years suspended sentence. And I've just realised Roux is talking and reading about that case right now, Mdunge was the name. And two others, Visaje and a man who shot his 8 year old daughter were never charged.

bbm: i'd like to know more about that one -- leading cause of death for pregnant women is DV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member