Trial Discussion Thread #58 - 14.17.10, Day 47 ~ sentencing~

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A factor to be taken into account is he's 27 years old and doesn't have the wisdom that one acquires with age.

.. all the more reason he can spend time in jail, he will still be relatively young when he comes out!

The denigration, humiliation, ridicule, false allegations worldwide continue. That's what he's been subjected to.

R: But it's much worse than that...it's so easy to say when you kill someone, you must take the consequences, you must live with them. But it went faaar, faar, beyond that; the ridicule, the humiliation he was subject to, worldwide.....

Roux is now ridiculing what society in general think of OP. They're ill-informed.

R reading something now about how punishment is not about vengeance etc.....and now uses Steenkamp's 'neutrality' to back up hiis plea for mercy

He says the family remained neutral. He admires them for that. Throws a bone to the grieving parents.

How patronising can he be towards the Steenkamp family, I'm furious!!!!!!!!!!

He can't compare this case to the one where the father shot his daughter in the mistaken belief she was a burglar stealing the car. I've read the judgment and it's quite different to this even though on the surface it seems the same.

The permanent excruciating pain that stays with him whilst partying in nightclubs!!!!! seriously!!!!!!

The case law examples quoted by Roux all have one fundamental, and massively important difference to Pistorius's case....they involved ONE SHOT. He shot FOUR TIMES.

That is the difference between a mistake and an intentional assassination.

Nel needs to hammer that home.

And has anyone else noticed - Pistorius sits there all dry eyed when anyone talks about "the deceased", but any mention of his trauma, how tough it's been for him and out comes the hankie? So predictable.

God, how I utterly detest him.

Good morning from not-at-all-sunny England, btw :)

R:....Ms Steenkamp was a person, the person he loved...we have confirmation....you need to have that grief, but what happened to the accused,,,when you cause the death of a loved one, the excrutiating pain you go through...it's there. It will not go away.

So far 99.9% of B-Roux's words are BS.
I tuned out the other .1%

The accused wanted to tell his story from the beginning ..... cue book deal.....

R...he became for 18 mnths a premeditated murderer.

"He told his story immediately." - Roux

Yeah, he told his STORY alright - not the truth.

R: That is where he fnd himself for 18 mnths; alone. And hammered. Villified.

For 18-months he became a premeditated murderer. It's so easy to see the accused as a strongman running around the track collecting medals. The other Oscar, out of the limelight, on his own, hammered, denigrated ... it cannot be worse than the last 18 months.

Pardon my french, but what a total load of old bollocks.

The police thought it looked like a DV when they first attended the scene. Roux's spin is making my blood boil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haizljnes01