Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Robyn Curnow ‏@RobynCurnowCNN
Aimee Pistorius tells CNN 'it's never going to be over.' It's a 'phase in a journey that will never end' #oscarpistorius #sister #sentencing

#oscarpistorius sister and brother speak to CNN at a family home - it's the first time Aimee is speaking to the media

Aimee Pistorius to CNN on hearing about the shooting, 'It had to be a mistake because I know my brother and his fears.' #OscarPistorius

BBM .. she does know that he slept with the balcony doors open and the bathroom window unlocked, with builder's ladders just below, doesn't she? Like we've said all along, he couldn't have been that fearful then.

Aimee Pistorius tells CNN 'it's never going to be over.' It's a 'phase in a journey that will never end' #oscarpistorius #sister #sentencing

#oscarpistorius sister and brother speak to CNN at a family home - it's the first time Aimee is speaking to the media

Aimee Pistorius to CNN on hearing about the shooting, 'It had to be a mistake because I know my brother and his fears.' #OscarPistorius

Why wasn't she called to testify then? We know she'd obviously defend her brother to the best of her ability but if she's telling the truth about his 'fears' that would have came across and been more powerful than those who were paid to give their expert opinion.

Reeva's sister speaks here, on sentencing (she wants him to get 20 years) and on how she believes Reeva was getting ready to leave him because he wanted to own her http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rs-asks-disabled-people-softer-sentences.html .. article contains a video interview .. she's absolutely convinced Pistorius knew it was Reeva in the toilet and shot her in a rage (she also mentions Reeva's jeans outside the window).

eNCA @eNCAnews
Carl and Aimee Pistorius speak to #eNCA before their brother Oscar's sentencing. "This will be with him forever". #OscarSiblings

eNCA @eNCAnews
RT @karynmaughan: Aimee Pistorius speaks to #eNCA about her friendship with Reeva Steenkamp, "she was a very special person"

Karyn Maughan ‏@karynmaughan
Carl Pistorius on death threats made against his brother Oscar: "we take the threats seriously..." @eNCAnews

They know JM won't be watching this and that they have already had the benefit of her sympathy in the cushy verdict.

So what's the point of them re-starting the PR campaign now? Is this about them, the family per se, and their low standing now in SA?
If it is, it's way too early for image rehabilitation.

In other comment she compares RS killing to their loss of their mum at a young age. Homicide vs death from an illness however tragic, not comparable I am afraid. This just illustrates her naivety once again.

"@barrybateman: @SMothiane certainly not - the siblings gave interviews to 3 reporters “they felt comfortable with”, @RobynCurnowCNN being one of them."

Oh, what not a surprise. Carl and Aimee peddling their spin on the eve of sentencing to Robyn Curnow of CNN and Karyn Maughyn who has increasingly played the Pistorius party line (she even tweeted Rebecca Davies another SA journalist to defend Roux's use of media as a defense for mitigation - it's beyond weird for a journalist to defend a lawyer criticising media, especially when even the sympathetic Judge did not agree with that tactic for mitigation.

Carl may be guilty of evidence tampering and Aimee took Steenkamp's bag from the crime scene, they are talking about loyalty yet they are both possible accomplices...where is the hard-hitting critical journalism over this spiraling Lord of the Flies circus.

Wardle just mentioned how Nel should have questioned Carice Viljoen about why the had black plastic bags in use to 'help' Steenkamp!! Oh yes...

That's never really bothered me.

Firstly, if anyone were considering taking a person to hospital who was heavily bleeding, they would want to protect the car seats. Someone there may have thought it was an possibility, however briefly.

Secondly, I have seen people say that, yes, plastic bags are used in cases like this.

Before you try to stop the bleeding:

Wash your hands well with soap and water, if available.
Put on medical gloves, if available, before applying direct pressure to the wound. If gloves are not available, use many layers of clean cloth, plastic bags, or the cleanest material available between your hands and the wound.

http://www.webmd.com/first-aid/how-to-stop-bleeding-from-a-skin-wound

So I don't think there was anything to be gained by pursuing the matter.

My poor brother is an international pariah and now it's affecting our family too. Book the CNN interviews.

Carl P evasive in his comments and body language in the ITV interview and instead reels off a load of his brother's positive attributes:

"I can't relate to the Oscar that's been portrayed by the prosecution. Oscar growing up, up until now, is the same person. He's bold, he's brave, he's got courage, he's got charisma, he's exciting and fun, thoughtful and intelligent and has been the perfect fit as a middle child between us three siblings."

Meaningless:
Hot headed, reckless, manic - for sure
Could always turn on the charm when needed
Clever and manipulative- yes , we have witnessed that too.

Aimee talks about how close they are and how she can't believe the negative portrayal of OP. How on earth could Aimee not be aware of OP's previous reputation across a wide social & sporting circle in SA? If I remember correctly they did not actually see a lot of each other in recent years. And didn't media contacts n friends of Reeva's warn her off OP when they first heard they were dating, due to that reputation?

Barely credible point made about " Reeva crept into our family's heart....." What after one social meeting? Nonsense - they would have just thought here's another blonde Oscar is dating. Parents etc don't go overboard about a grown-up son's new girlfriend that quickly, not when she is one in a long line.

They know JM won't be watching this and that they have already had the benefit of her sympathy in the cushy verdict.

So what's the point of them re-starting the PR campaign now? Is this about them, the family per se, and their low standing now in SA?

In other comment she compares RS killing to their loss of their mum at a young age. Homicide vs death from an illness however tragic, not comparable I am afraid. This just illustrates her naivety once again.

BiB

I find the Pistorius siblings very juvenile for their years. They react like irritable teenagers, around 14-15 years old, always right, and still seem not to have developed a responsible attitude and not mature enough to listen to other opinions, IMO. It does not surprise me that none of them seems to have a settled relationship with anyone else. Or perhaps I am wrong there but I have never seen anyone else mentioned and I am sure the press would be onto that.

"@barrybateman: @SMothiane certainly not - the siblings gave interviews to 3 reporters “they felt comfortable with”, @RobynCurnowCNN being one of them."

Oh, what not a surprise. Carl and Aimee peddling their spin on the eve of sentencing to Robyn Curnow of CNN and Karyn Maughyn who has increasingly played the Pistorius party line (she even tweeted Rebecca Davies another SA journalist to defend Roux's use of media as a defense for mitigation - it's beyond weird for a journalist to defend a lawyer criticising media, especially when even the sympathetic Judge did not agree with that tactic for mitigation.

Carl may be guilty of evidence tampering and Aimee took Steenkamp's bag from the crime scene, they are talking about loyalty yet they are both possible accomplices...where is the hard-hitting critical journalism over this spiraling Lord of the Flies circus.

And where was the biggest fangirl of all, Kelly Phelps. She and Robyn Curnow are huge Pistorians. I simply can't believe she wasn't there.

BiB

I find the Pistorius siblings very juvenile for their years. They react like irritable teenagers, around 14-15 years old, always right, and still seem not to have developed a responsible attitude and not mature enough to listen to other opinions, IMO. It does not surprise me that none of them seems to have a settled relationship with anyone else. Or perhaps I am wrong there but I have never seen anyone else mentioned and I am sure the press would be onto that.

I was only mentioning to my husband today that for all his tweeting and facebook rubbish, I've never heard Carl mention having a girlfriend let alone seeing him pictured with one. But now that you mention it, I've not heard of Aimee having had a boyfriend. Strange.

I was only mentioning to my husband today that for all his tweeting and facebook rubbish, I've never heard Carl mention having a girlfriend let alone seeing him pictured with one. But now that you mention it, I've not heard of Aimee having had a boyfriend. Strange.

Serious question, Who would want to date her? She has those two as brothers and both have proven themselves to be able to fly into a fit of rage at the drop of a hat. Why would any decent man want to be in that type of situation? Besides, Aimee and OP seem to be inappropriately close for siblings.

MOO

In other comment she compares RS killing to their loss of their mum at a young age. Homicide vs death from an illness however tragic, not comparable I am afraid.
This just illustrates her naivety once again.
BIB - bloody unbelievable. Their mum wasn't gunned down in a toilet by her partner. Reeva died at OP's hands. OP's mum died of an illness, hardly the same thing in any universe. I bet Reeva's family wish Reeva had died from an incurable illness, rather than being haunted by her fighting for her life behind a closed door. I wish the interviewer had asked about the phone and the bag!

I want to know why Carl and Aimee have not been charged with tampering with/removing evidence from a crime scene. I also want to know exactly what was in Reeva's bag that Aimee and Co decided had to leave the crime scene before LE could take a look at it.

OK, I've only just started watching that and first off .. that's weird how Carl stretched across to hold Aimee's hand .. that's not normal behaviour for siblings, hand on the arm maybe, but not holding hands like that. I dunno, I just find something really freaky about the behaviour between those three (inc Oscar) .. it's just weird.

Second .. the interviewer asked them how they coped with all the negativity and threats towards them on social media .. and Carl's reply to that was that they 'respond with love' .. well that is a big fat lie to start off with .. nearly all of his tweets are nasty, snarky little messages.

.. off to watch the rest of it now.

Did Carl Pistorius say, "When people respond in hate, we remind ourselves to respond in love"???

:puke:

Is that why he re-tweeted the Halloween joke? Was that responding with 'love'? They belong on Fantasy Island, all of them.

jay-jay, just saw you said pretty much the same thing :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member